Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, October 18, 2019

Don’t throw out the baby.



Today's Tids Issue 4,503
Intrinsics:

I’m seeing sun. I’m seeing cloudless skies. I’m seeing an Autumn ocean with wind nipped crests. I think that it’s going to be a perfectly marvelous day. Hope you feel it too.

The press asks this Admin a lot of questions that sound like the ole’, “When did you stop beating your wife” ploy.

This town of mine will be celeb watching starting tonight as Jennifer Lawrence will be getting married here tomorrow.

Remember when crime dramas on TV were mainly about detectives finding clues and not all about dwelling on some personal misgiving or national issue. Like maybe, when they were entertaining.

I think people can agree on a lot of things that transcend political loyalties. One, I have to believe that a vast majority of Americans and world citizens are against is having their personal data stolen.

The Question:
What is the first American labor organization on record? Bonus: Quick – who was Pam Dawber?

The Headlines:
--Stocks Drifting Lower; China Has Lowest GDP Growth Rate Since Early 1990’s In
--Pence, Pompeo Secure Temporary Turkey Cease Fire.
--Trump Feeds Media Frenzy By Selecting His Doral Resort for G7.
--Citizens Support For trump Impeachment Rising Fast.
--Astros Have Ya-Ya’s Down 3-1.
--Rick Perry To Resign From Trump Cabinet.
--Cartel Gunman Overwhelm A Mexican City To Free El Chapo’s Son.
--South Korea Scandal Has President Moon’s Approval Rating At An All Time Low.

There’s no truth to the rumor that AOC wants to hold a hearing on Turkey sanctions fearing there could be no Thanksgiving. Or, maybe no.

A big OOPS! I had the NFL picks ready to go yesterday morn, but … Ok, I missed yesterday, but honestly, I did pick KC in last night’s game. Our record is now 57-44-1 (57%). I’m not proud. For starters I’m picking New Orleans over Chi, Buffalo over Miami. Jax over Cinncy, San Fran over Washington, Chargers over Titans, Rams over Falcons and Seattle over Baltimore. I was also inclined to quickly pick the Pats over the Jets, but I quibble as the Jets looked quite good last week and the Pats still have some Offense holes and injuries. They could lose. But I think the “D” will find a way.

There are some real posers especially the Eagles and Cowboys, always a grudge match. Dallas is at home, and need to feed their fans and owner a win. I like the Eagles, But I’m going Dallas. Another tough pick is the surprising Colts versus the Texans now hitting their stride. I’m picking Houston. The Vikes and Lions is another tussle of note. Lots of people feel the Lions got screwed by refs last week, losing after playing very well. The Vikes can be like the little girl with a curl. I’m going with Detroit. The Raiders versus the Pack was not supposed to be a tough game for GB, but it is now as the Raiders have looked solid.. GB likes the cold better. Lastly, a game that is a poser because I just don’t know which Giants or Cardinals team will show up. Two popular rookie QB’s meet and I’ll go with the homer, Jones and Giants.  

I took a pole and found out that 100% of the occupants were angry with me after their tent collapsed.

I look at big Pharma and I ask, do I want them to be sued, or keep on making money to invest in new cures for me. my kids, grand kids and all of those great kids to come.

Going after big Pharma is nothing new. Throughout history politicians have always been able to find big successful contributing corporations to use as punching bags. Me David. I’m here to protect you. Stand here behind my slingshot Serfs, and vote.

Housing starts are lower yet there are growing quantities of new and older homes for sale. The problem: Millennials are not into home buying.  

In a new on-line poll conducted by website “Morning Call”, only 36% of respondents viewed her favorably. That makes her, the Chairwoman of the Democrat Governors Association the least favored Governor in the country. Kentucky’s Repub Matt Bevin is second. The poll reached out to 533,985 registered voters. Raimondo’s next-door neighbor, Mass Gov Repub Charlie Baker, has the highest favorable rating –73% approving.

But all is not dire around here, as a crafty little company has solved landscaping and environmental problems with one bite —goats. Yes a Westerly RI company drives a herd of goats around the state and allows them to munch away on corporate campuses, large estates or just some person’s palace with a big yard. They operate form Spring through fall. I’m suggesting that during Winter the go to the State House to chew on some red tape.

Somebody at PETA is trying to figure out how to screw up a good thing.

The problem I have with Internet based tech companies isn’t bigness, but snoopyness.

Unlike the previous three impeachment hearings, this one in fact is more like a kangaroo court than a judicial process. In an impeachment processes, which is serious stuff and properly voted on by the House, the President’s lawyer is present an has the ability to ask questions of witnesses et. al. In this one, so far, the House is the prosecutor and the media is the judge and jury.  You don’t have to like Trump to understand the absence of fairness in an event that could deepen the American divide..

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--The Lighthouse could be a winner. It is a horror tale about two Lighthouse keepers on a New England Island. Stranded for months during many freak storms, the keepers lose their sanity; Become threatened by nightmares. Oddly this B&W film can be funny at times, but it is horror for sure. It has been selected to be one in the running for best Film of the Year. I’ll have to think abut this one.
--Jojo Rabbit is about the blind nationalism of a 10 year old boy who is shaken when he finds his mom hiding a Jewish girl in what is a Satire of WWII.
--Zombieland: Double Tap reunites the cast of the very popular original Zombieland – Woody Haralson, Jesse Eisenberg, Abigail Breslin and Emma Stone in a conic romp that goes from the White House to the Midwest to take down Zombies.

The Answer:
The first reported union effort was by the Boston Shoe makers in 1648 who formed a guild to protect their interests. Bonus: Pam of course you knew was Mindy on Mork and Mindy, and she probably laughed a lot on the set watching Robin Williams antics. She was also Samantha Russell on My Sister Sam. BTW, Pam had little acting experience and Williams was an unknome before the show.

I may just sit on the curb in front of my home this weekend and wait to see if Jennifer Lawrence walks by. Seems relaxing. Except for heart palpitations.

Have a great weekend, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment