Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Fogging off



Today's Tids Issue 4,505
Let me think about that:

It’s disturbing. I used to have clear cut messages to decipher, but now it is gibberish across the political spectrum. I used to go to the big city for beauty, culinary delights and positive urban excitement and but now I only read of protests and activism. I’m not one to put my head in the sand, but I need more sand dunes to inhibit the surge of erroneous, irrelevant and inane political knifings. Why can’t we all be comfortable basking on warm beaches or strolling silently in vigorous city streets. I think I’m mixing my metaphors, whatever that means.

“Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated”. -- Confucius

Will the real Kurd please stand up. There are 30 million Kurds living in 6 countries There’s KDP, PUK, PKK, PEJAK and alliances that haven’t risen to the status of capital letters. For 30 years there have been changing and evolving alliances, some using Kurds as fighting pals or allies of convenience. Or as pawns in deals to gain something of value. Mainly oil. Which, BTW, remans true today. They have been praised and abused by American presidential admins from Nixon to Today. A lot of Kurdish history revolves political aims, good and bad. So to say that Kurds are this and Kurds are that, or the US owes this and not that, is just to over-simplify a mutually beneficial partnership that had its ins and outs, Ups and downs. It is complex, incredibly complex and the current strategy or whatever it is may be, should be considered carefully. And not rushed to judgment. It is a case of changing allies and allegiances through wars and dominating or receding factions. A Kurd is a Kurd is not a Kurd. There is much more to look at here that goes well beyond a headline or two.

That said, Turkey is a big and growing problem. And it’s still a way off until Thanksgiving.

My wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off next Tuesday.

Want to know what Quid Quo Pro is? Ask Nancy Pelosi. She has probably used it more effectively than any politician in History. Want a good committee seat, you do this. Yes, QQP is the basis for USA Political persuasion. In fact, the entire US Foreign aid program is just one big congressional approved Quid Pro Qu operation.

You have to wonder if Hillary sleeps with one eye open to guard against Russian agents sneaking out from under her bed.

The Question:
What are the Ten Bes Rock songs of the 1980’s?

The Headiness:
--McDonald’s Misses; Dow Futures Suspect; United Technologies Smashes Through Earnings With Strong Forward Guidance. At Mid Afternoon, Stocks are Hanging In Three. If “Mixed “ is Hanging In There
--Erdogan Meets With Putin As Final Hours Of Syria Cease Fire Draw Near.
--Liberal Trudeau Wins Canadian Election By Slim Margin, And Liberals Lose Majority In Government;
--Netanyahu Can’t Form Go9vernemtn; Passes Baton To Benny Gantz, Who May Face Same Enigma; Netanyahu Now Faces Legal Prosecution.
--British House Of Commons Approves Johnson EU Divorce Bill In Principle.
--New CNN Poll: 50% OF Americans Now Ok with Impeachment; Dem Controlled House Rejects Repub Resolution To remove Shiff From Chairing Inquiry.
--Jimmy Carter Hospitalized After Fall.
--4 More Parents Plead Guilty In College Cheating Scam.

I am what is called rabid New England Patriots fan, But, their logo goes against my design sensibilities wo I don’ wear their hats and shirts. That’s how shallow I am.

I leaner something new last Friday. I learned that it is proper to say Democratic Party and not Democrat Party, as I have been saying and typing since forever. After all these years I learned that when was saying Democrat Party, I was in actuality insulting Democrats. And that is the last thing I would do. You never know what you can learn to be a better citizen in a society.

“Any darn fool can make something Complex: It takes a genius to make something simple.” – Pete Seeger Who got the idea probably from Robert Schumacher who may have found it in the writings of Confucius.

From a reader, Cheetos makes a great snack better: Place ½ cup of crunch Cheetos into a plastic sealable bag. Crush into fine dust. In large saucepan combine 3 tbsp canola oil and i/2 cup popcorn kernels and cook five minutes unto all is popped. Pour Popped corn in a a nice large bowl, drizzle 4 tsp melted butter and then the Cheeto dust. Shake and serve.

I see that McDonalds is going to deliver through Uber Eats. “I’d like a cheeseburger and a small fry, please.” Are they kidding?

Is popped corn, like, pooped. I’ve given my all.

Life looks simple when you leave out the details.

The Answer:
#1 is Another One Bites the Dust, followed by Under Pressure, Bohemian Rhapsody, Another Brick in the Wall, Jump, Livin’ on a Prayer, Eye of the Tiger, Rock you Like A Hurricane, I Love Rock ‘n’ Roll and Home Sweet Home.

Here’s the deal today: Don’t rush to judgment, and if what you read or hear looks like rushing to judgement, wait until the dust settles.





No comments:

Post a Comment