Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

You never know.

Today's Tids Issue 2,466
Opening Stuff:

Good day today: The average age in the obits was 80 years and 4 months.

A local columnist notes that there is a movement afoot to have Kim Kardashian marry beleaguered towns, cities states and yes, even countries like Greece. Before the split, she and last hubby had earned $250K/day off their wedding. Think of the dough that could be produced from a world focused Kim-Greece union. Or better yet Kim-Italy with Berlusconi officiating. Hell that wedding might be over as soon as the ex-Premiere could get the Kardashian in a private room. Think of the profits from that one!

Regis Philbin has suffered the barbs and arrows of elitist critics for nearly 29 years. But his program thrived. He was Mr. good guy, Mr. Middle America. He was funny and human. But most of all he was a guy people liked. So, it's no wonder that so many of the bigs in Star world have been showing up to shake the hand of a man they personally enjoy. Everybody should take heart to the success of Regis Philbin. In world that appears weirder and weirder every day, there is a sense of honesty in the bosoms of most people.

The Question:
Double Bonus Day! 1. Why do you think that today the markets might be buying the stocks of CVS, Intel, General Dynamics, IBM and Direct TV? 2. What are the five categories of fish with the potential of containing the most ocean chemicals (i.e. Mercury)?

The Headlines:
--City Officials Continue To Break Down OWS Camps.
--Iowa Race Polls: Four GOP'ers Virtually In Tie -- Cain 20%, Paul 19%, Romney 18%, Newt 17%; Iowa Had Been Bachman's Too Lose.
--$100Million Of Freddie/Fanny Bailout Bucks Went Into Exec Pay Packages.
--NBA Talks Crater; Chance Of No Season Looms As Players Sue League In Anti-Trust Action.
--New Book Names Names In Congressional Insider Trading.
--Sandusky says He Was Just Horseplaying in NBC Interview; More Accusers Come Forward.

The headlines shouted: "World Population to Explode with Diabetes"! Duh! This latest bit of media hysteria centers around the giant remote African population, and it isn't because the Coca-Cola company has signed up more dealers. It's because as modern medicine cuts deeper into the jungles more people with the Diabetes Gene will be kept alive. Despite the efforts of the anti-fat junkies, that simply is the way it works.

Most people who write vehement complaint letters write in cursive.

You just don't know Department:
I was standing on line in the Post Office yesterday when a fortyish man caught my eye. He was a decent looking guy with flourishing mannerisms similar to those of Art carney playing Norton on the Honeymooners. Naturally being a seasoned people watcher my mind started creating a scenario that featured this guy as the king of night clubs. Dancer extraordinaire. An irresponsible whirlwind who floated through pop culture. As I left, he was standing at the front steps talking to another man, an obvious friend. What I heard was: "I was just told I have lymphoma - you know, like Hotchkins Disease."

We had dinner the other day with the wife of long time good friends. She's just a regular old person person with a family and grandchildren. We never expected the answer to our question about what's been going on in your life. "Didn't I tell you?' she asked. "One night a couple of years ago my daughter called, 'Mom, mom, he's gone crazy!' In the back ground I heard screams and crashes. 'Daddy Daddy, Don't!' More crashes. I yelled into the phone -- 'Kim, Kim are you alright? Talk to me Kim.! What's going on?' Another loud crash and breaking glass and a terrifying, deathly scream! A scream like I had never heard. I dropped the phone and ran from the house to my car. It was always just an easy ten minute drive to the colonial home on the Main street of a very colonial homes. My heart was in my stomach. The sweat pouring down. My foot tromped down on the gas pedal. I screeched the car to the curb in front of the home. As I opened the door I heard the screeming and crashes. I ran, burst in the door. I saw my Kim with a giant gash down her face. Blood everywhere. I ran towards her. Her husband Mac was about to throw a table through the window. To my left I saw little Johnny cowering, shivering. I ran and grabbed him just as Mac turned his way. I ran to the car opened the back door. 'Johnny. Lay down flat. Don't open the door. I'm here for you.' I turned to get Kim. Mac was standing before like a forbidding giant. 'Where's my son. His face was maniacal. I saw his right arm rear back. Wham! He hit me on the lower jaw with a candle stick. I fell backwards feeling a crack in my arm. I cringed as he looked down, but he turned and ran..." I think you get the picture. this was not the drunken rage of an ignorant down on his luck man. Mac was a well educated Trust Fund baby. The husband in a normal American family. You just never know.

For those of you who think that pop singers never grow old, Frida of ABBA is 66 today.

AARP is making it easy for competitive associations to form and thrive.

One of the eeriest aspects of this Penn State tragedy is the disappearance without a trace of the District Attorney Ray Gricar assigned to the first report.

The Polls ebb and flow for GOP candidates, and for sure Dem strategists abetted by media friends will magnify the confusion. But in the end it's Repubs going to the primaries and picking a potential leader who might be bale to change the funk in America.

Almost Near: Chapter 50. --Audrey was watching Tucker as the drove back to town. He seemed distant. It could be because the police now had firm evidence to support their suspicions about Samantha. But his inward retreat wasn't like that. Maybe I should try to find Samantha myself. The car stopped, and I looked over at Barton, who was still writng in his report log. "We're here Tuck." I smiled at him. He shook his head, as if trying to rid it of some kind of restraint. His eyes widened.
Smiling now, he looked at me. "How about some dinner tonight." Like i have been lately, I was briedfly enamored with his pleasant way. I paused a moment.
"Sure. Give me an hour." Barton turned towards the back.
"Audrey. Keep an eye on your friend. He has become very important in our case." he glared over at tucker who was very calem. Amazingly calm.
"I'm here for you, detective. Thanks for letting us go out there with you."
"Be in my office at 8:00AM!" He opened the door, got out and walked into the side door of the station. He never looked Back.
We got out and wet to my car. My mind was abuzz with new scenarios. Mostly revolving around a mysterious woman I had never met. "Where'd you say Samantha was from, Tucker?"
"I never did."

The Answer: 
1. Warren Buffet took stakes in those companies yesterday. 2. The fish "they" say to avoid they are Atlantic, Bluefin Tuna, Atlantic Salmon, Atlantic flatfish (Sole, flounder, halibut), Alaskan King Crab and Imported Shrimp. They suggest going for Gulf shrimp but this may be hard since well over 90% of all shrimp you see outside the Gulf are imported. Appears like a PR release from the Pacific fisheries.

Congress always makes sure that what they do is legal even though it is often ethically reprehensible.

There is greatness in all people's hearts. Somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment