Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Gray and blue and a touch of sun.

Today's Tids Issue 2,603
Opening Stuff:

I guess one of the changes in my world I rue more than most is he disappearing natural charm of coastlines. From the days when the homes seemed part of the sea and when the loudest sound you heard was the splash of oars in the still waters of quiet coves. I remember after The War (That's WWII) going to the outer beaches of Cape Cod, a kid with eyes as wide as halibut taking in wonders; the natural beauty unencumbered, grassy dunes, gray shingled buildings with colorful whirly-gigs aclattering outside. A catboat caressing the gentle waves in evening breezes. Real places where fisherman and those working bayside in there simple craft were part of the population. I would row my simple, seaworthy gray dory for miles a day, trying to pull even with outboard motor boats, where a big engine rarely seen would be but 6 horsepower. And on the beaches were there shacks of fishermen. Two of the old geezers I remember were were Good Walter and Bad Walter. Guess who we were told to avoid? I was actually rowing Good Walter's boat, and he would tell me and my friend tales of mysterious German submarines. These places can still be found, perhaps in Little Compton or Westport. But, mainly they will be in my memories. And they still look real to me.

I guess increasing populations have overwhelmed the comfort of the past. Brought the whine of motors. But, I wonder why they often bring the look of their neighborhoods with them, instead of wanting to savor the unique difference that is simple living by the sea.

Have you noticed lately that police cars with flashing lights are everywhere, but they aren't pulling over drivers. Nope, they are generally guarding a construction project. Is that RI's new economic growth plan...overtime for police?  Think about how happy the thieves must be.

I'd make a bad Juror because I think that Edwards is guilty as sin simply because a person with who is a combination of Politician/Personal Injury Lawyer must be guilty.

The Question: 
Quick -- Give me five things for which Dan Quayle is known?

The Headlines:
--Stocks May rebound This Morning.
--Big Earthquake Hits Northern Italy.
--Congressional Dems And Repubs Draw Lines In Sand on Debt battle.
--The Great Robin Gibb Dead.
--Putin announces New Russian Government.
--Strauss-Kahn Faces New Gang Rape Accusations.
--HP To Layoff 30,000.
--There Was An Eclipse Of The Sun Yesterday?

Most of the gnawing issues of the day demand a state by state resolution. We don't need sweeping hand solutions. We don't want homogenized masses. Uniqueness propagates creativity. It is why the USofA is what it is. Unfortunately there are too many Politicians messing around with "is".

Good news for me: Researchers say Good Cholesterol theory may be flawed. Good, because I don't have much.

A special session of the UN Security Council has been called after headlines shrieked that Loretta Lynn is three years older than previously known, meaning that she could not have married at13 as depicted in Coal Miner's Daughter. Wahta a world! Crisis after crisis.

Here's a rather stomach churning analogy to chew upon. What if every person in the world spit on the ground around them? It would be messy walking for sure, and probably pretty damn unhealthy. Fortunately the vast majority of people have a sense of responsibility to others around them. We live in a country which is increasingly becoming a "I can do whatever I want to do" world. People in many ways don't consider their selfish personal decisions or actions and the affect they have on others. And, it's not getting better.

"I ain't got no satisfaction" is still one of my favorite songs. It conjures up moments sitting in a dingy bar outside an Army summer camp base, a beer in one hand, a cheap cigar in the other, and the rolling Stones on the jukebox. Another PX beer garden favorite years earlier were The Supremes and the relentless playing of "Baby, Baby, Baby...

And while we're on old music, their is still no better singer to me than Stevie Nix.

Irrational Exuberism could not over come the negative reality of the FaceBook situation that came out in news reports befroe the IPO.

The Answer:
Of course we know about Potatoe (That's the way I always spelled it before Dan) and Murphy Brown. But here are some of his quotes that add to the lore. "The Future will be better tomorrow." 'We are all capable of mistakes, but I do not care to enlighten you on the mistakes we may or may not have made." "Verbosity leads to to unclear, inarticulate things." "We are ready for any unseen even that may or may not occur." personalty I didn't mind Dan. He actually said a few understandable things along the way. Maybe we should match Quayle-isms with Biden-isms. Now that could be a TV special which much of America wouldn't understand.

Irony Department: Blind dissident Chen now safely ensconced in liberal fortress NYU (Note: He's secure but Mom and cousins are are being watched or persecuted by China) and darling of the academic left. And, among his biggest issues was the abolition of late term abortions.

You may not see this Tids thing til Thursday.

No comments:

Post a Comment