Today's Tids Issue 2.600
Opening Stuff:

I hear the thunder in the distance. Somehow that soft rumble tempers the tensions of the day. An outside force of momentous proportions totally outside my control. Something to fear, but unable to stop. No guilt there. Yup no guilt certainly takes a lot of stress out of the day.

This morning's WSJ said that General Motors is dropping FaceBook Advertising because it doesn't work. Then I look at the Lessor Journal from Providence and see on this gloomy, gray cast morn another series of articles on the deficiencies of FaceBook. Yesterday in a Newport Daily News article I saw a poll that said 50% of Americans, young and old, thought FB was a passing fad. All of this publicity doesn't just appear all at once unless somebody is pushing buttons. Could it be that Wall Street bigs are looking to keep the price of the FB IPO down? Could be.

When did we all of a sudden become a caramelized world?

The Question:
Deborah Winger is one of my all time favorite film stars. Name five of her movies.

The Headlines:
--Greek Mess Confusing Markets.
--FaceBook Ups IPO By 25%; Emotional Buying Could be High.
--"O" Threatens Veto On House defense Bill.
--China Pushing NK To Drop Nuke Plans.
--Housing Starts Up.
--Syria Battles Continue.

A guy named Doug Larson says, "Instead of giving a politician the keys to the city, it would be better to change the locks."

Often when I make notes for future Tidlets, I use abbreviations that look perfectly logical at the time...that is, until I go back and try to figure out what the hell I meant! I loose more good Tids that way.

In announcing a new concerted effort researching the causes of Alzheimer, the hapless Government could have chosen something a little more realistic than "War on Alzheimer". We've had wars on drugs, poverty, illiteracy and Taliban. How did that work out for us? But then maybe this new declared war makes Obama a "Wartime President" Just in time for the final days of the campaign.

The network nightly news programs seem intent, in their own smarmy way, in refuting evidence that arises in favor of George Zimmerman. My guess it is to ameliorate the rising case against there hysterical rush to judgment in the beginnings of this over blown event. Or, it could be part of the media's efforts to save their pal President Barack Obama from his constant blunders, like in this case, making a foolish statement about an alleged crime in a local trial where the alleged assailant is due a trial by his peers. Can you say Henry Louis Gates Jr.?

Never too old to learn, Department:
For about four years now I have been spelling Barack, B-a-r-a-k.

Hey, Tids Novel Fans -- I going to start next week.

The Answer:
Personally I liked Betrayed and Legal Eagles best. But she is better known probably for Officer and a Gentleman, Terms of Endearment, A Dangerous Woman and Shadowlands. I hate when people as good as Winger just seem to disappear.

It's about as gloomy as the world gets here this morning. But, frankly, it doesn't change my life one iota.

See you tomorrow.
 
What is an iota, anyhow?