Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Laissez Faire or Bust!



Today's Tids Issue 2,800

Opening Stuff:

There are just some things that should never be improved upon. And one of them is Peep's. There's a recipe floating around for homemade Peep's that claims to be...are you ready for this...better than Peeps. No. Peeps are Peeps. They are the ultimate. Dirty, rotten store bought Peeps can't be beat. They are what they are. And Grandma in the kitchen cannot make them better.

Put me in that group who thinks the new Jeep Cherokee is a cop-out to conformity. They call racy, hip and sexy, but it isn't the beloved square, original Jeep Cherokee. It isn't a Cherokee at all. I was excited they were bringing back my old favorite, until I saw the picture. Rats.

Everything is changing, some for the better and others for the worst. But you ain't seen nothing yet until you visit a urinal at the Lehigh Valley Pa. Philadelphia farm team, "The Iron Pigs"* There's an electronic game attached to the urinol that turns on when a fan approaches. The man controls the screen action by his "aim". Yikes. I guess the more beer you drink, the longer you get to play!
(*Note: The Iron Pigs refers to the proud heritage of the Lehigh Valley when steel production reigned at one of America's biggest and most famous mills, Bethlehem Steel. The "valley" consists of three cities within 15 miles of each other -- Allentown, Bethlehem and Easton.)

The Question:
In 1972 an actor refused to accept the Best Actor Oscar for the role in a film voted Best Movie. Name the actor/actress and the film.

The Headlines:
--North Dakota Governor Signs Bill Banning All Abortions Where Heartbeat Is Present.
--Italy's Comedic Change Party Says It Will Never Back Center Left Government
--"O" Appoints First Woman Head Of Secret Service; Move Expected To Cut Down On Agent Visits To Prostitutes.
--SC May Be On Way Towards Sidestepping Gay Marriage Controversy; Let The Hysteria Cool, They Seem To be Saying.
--Cyprus Government Setting Controls To Avert Bank Run By Anxious, Scared Depositors.
--North Korea Increases Threat Level By Cutting Communications With South.
--Admin Official now Makes It Official That Costs Will Rise Under Obamacare.
--Supreme Court To Acept Case Against IRS Slapping Extreme Penalties On ta Shelter Cases.

I wonder if that urinal in the Lehigh Valley also analyzes your DNA and sends it int the FBI. You never know.

My heart aches for those in Cyprus. How hard is it to watch your own hard earned money become the pawn in a financial transaction to save politicians from their bad decisions. Think about how we would feel if the US Government told us that because of the National Debt, they ware taking half of what we have in our savings, checking and investment accounts. Of course they would only tell you that after they had successfully squelched the 2nd Amendment.

A reader suggests that Yesterday's School test taker's answer to the Caesarian Section question had to be made up. Everybody knows that today's' kids know a lot more about pregnancy and birth than the Roman Empire, if anything at all.

The American colonies revolted and reorganized under a new constitution for one simple reason -- harmful intrusive government policies they had known and didn't ever want again. They didn't write a constitution authorizing the government to pry into every citizens life. They wrote it to be exactly the opposite -- a  minimalist central government authorized by its parts, the States, to provide services that cross state lines and defend the people. Let us alone, and we the people will become great again.

Brakes screech, horns of cars behind honk...as you eye an antique shop with interesting appearing stuff at he opening of the quaint bard. Interesting appearing until you get within 15 feet of it, and see nothing but junk. And this, you think is the best they have to attract drivers speeding by. From screeching brakes to heart breaks in a matter of seconds. Antique stores are definitely not what they used to be. Antique's Road Show has inflated prices to the point where the dealers are having trouble finding good affordable stuff. Most of the stuff I'm seeing now is yunger than me, and if I may say so, of lesser quality.

The left never gives up trying to demean Republicans. Yesterday somebody released super 8 films of what they are calling Nixon buffoonery. That was what 50 years ago.

Speaking of buffoons, I think our Governor is getting a bad rap. I'm not saying he doesn't look like a buffoon at times when speaking or answering questions, but I believe he putting together some promising programs for RI and the future. I was speaking to a successful RI business man the other day who said, "When you're in the trenches like I am, you sense an undercurrent of new initiatives coming from Chafee-Lite which would most certainly lead to important improvements. Unfortunately his antics often become the bigger story from a lazy media and idiots like the Tidster." So there!

I see where Mark Zuckerberg is going to use part of his multimillions to start a Political advocacy group. Let's see...his constituency are millions of people who think it's a good idea to give away all of their life secrets to the world at large. And, he is going to rally them to help get America off of its downward spiral. Beware of idle billionaires, becasue they think they have inherited the Earth.

The Conscience: Chapter 17 continues.
   I was early for my afternoon meeting with Angelia. I had calmed my anxiety and trips into my nagging consience with a couple of strong vodka's on he rocks and a beautiful Chianti with a delightful pasta lunch. I was glad I minimized my alcohol intake for the meeting. One must stay sharp with Angelica. That, so far is what I have leraned most.
   She only kept me waiting for less that a minute.,"  I had just picked up a magazine in Italian, which would be impossible to read, when the giant wooden doors to her office burst open and her smile emerged. I just say there with my jaw on my lap. Something inside said I should rise and act like a human. I refused to say "Wow! do you look great". "Hi Angelia, you seem to plan your schedule well. She smiled again, and I didn't shrival up into a blob on the floor.
   "I do when I'm waiting for you," she said. Of course now I was utterly speechless. "Did you enjoy that magazine," she added as she turned, a signal for me to follow. I looked at the magazine, smiled and threw it on the table. It landed neatly.
   "So Jeff," she started before she reached her desk, a lot has happened since we last met formally."
   "I would say that you are very observant." That brought a little grin form her. "And it makes me think about a lot of inconsistancies."
   "Inconsistencies," she said with a quizzical, amusing inflection.
   Well I guess you might call an explosion that destroyed half of one company involved in a negtiaton is inconsistent with normalcy. And of course you sneaking around your own building in the middle of the night is at least odd."
   "I guess we have much to discuss today, don't we?" She reached for a glass of water that made me think of gin.

The Answer:
The Godfather won best Picture and Marlin Brando was the reluctant star. I didn't care.

Go out and stand in the sun, look up into the sky and shout, We the People, endowed with certain unalienable rights...can do it. We, us, all hardy Americans can strive because the potential for success lies within the heart of every individual. Laissez Faire or bust.


No comments:

Post a Comment