Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, March 21, 2013

That blank page look.


Today's Tids Issue 2,796
Opening Stuff:
 
As much as you try to control your own life, it always seems that there is always somebody somewhere working against your beautiful ending.

If Hollywood would make a movie about the Government like they do about out-of-control buses and runaway trains, it would be the scariest of them all. And the scariest part would be that they would not know how to end it.

The Providence Journal reads better in the morning when the The Providence College basketball team is winning again.

The Question:
The regular American idol Tid's review is below. There's an ongoing poll on the net that gives you an indication of where the voting may go for tonights results show. How do you think the singers ranked after last night?

The Headlines:
--New Apps For Unemployment Bennies Rise To 336K; Trend Line Continues Down.
--Oracle Miss Pushes Stocks Down.
--Khamenei Says Iran Will Destroy Israel Cities If Attacked.
--NK Renews Threats Against US; Says It Will Attack US Bases On Japan And Guam.
--Obama Tells Palestinian President Abbas That Israel Building On West Bank To Good For Peace.
--All Basketball "Big East" Adds Three Teams -- Butler, Xavier, Creighton; Announces Big Contract With Fox Sports.
--Italy Government Still Wandering Streets Of Rome Looking For A Leader.
--Deep Throat star Harry Reems dead At 65; Life Fell Into Alcohol Induced Homelessness Until Rescued By Christianity.

There's a lot of discussion around the subject of hiding the past sins of convicted felons. I'm having trouble on this one. My initial reaction is, of course employers should know what they are getting. But, how about the human being who may be raising a family or be responsible for a child. Then I remember a discussion I had with a probation officer who said less than 5% of released convicts overcome their wayward habits. It's an environmental thing, you know. Many are raised in environments where crime is the norm; Crime becomes innate because they know nothing else. Add to that strangulation of drug addiction, and you are facing some pretty tough issues. But then, there is that man, that woman, who have to raise a child and need a chance to do so. I guess it all comes down to the honesty of human beings. A business people having trust and ex-convicts having the courage to rise above a past and world successfully in a world they may have never known.

I don't know where this puts me on the scale of people with discerning tastes, but I'm a big fan of Stouffer frozen foods. Their Mac n' Cheese, Lasagna and Spinach Souffle are always satisfying to me. And I'm never disappointed with their chicken entrees. 

American Idol Department:
I think the girls did it again. I particularly enjoyed the controlled vibes of Amber last night, more than ever. Candice can just flat out sing. Angie was magical and Kree brought me into goose bump territory. I was very pleased with the Janelle performance, as she showed that she is equal to the quality of some of the more touted girls. I came away with a smile on my face after her performance. Then we have the dishrags, four guys who exhibit nothing, and sing at times like a fourth grade talent show. Sorry fourth graders. Lazaro should definitely get the ax, but, how much sympathy vote will he get. I think Paul could grow into being a competitor, but also could go if the sympathizers keep Lazaro alive (He should have gone last week). Burnell is the big fave of the Judges, but I have been underwhelmed during these final ten sing-offs. I thought Devin was pretty good last night, but again, no personality and nowhere near the girls. I would not cry over any of the four boys leaving.

Oh yeah, and to me the Beatles Show on AI has always been one of the low points of the season as contestants always struggle over the complex melodies.

I read this morning that our (RI) House Speaker Gordan Fox and Treasurer Gina Raimondo are putting together a plan to establish a fund which would pay for road construction and maintenance. Silly me...I always thought a portion of taxes had always been put aside for that.

Perhaps one of the more notable signs of an improving economy came last night when the Texas Legislature Restored cuts made during the depth of the recession. Oh...I forgot... down there they create the jobs that increase potential taxes.

Legislators spend more time creating laws that make up for government mistakes of the past

A concerned reader is asking for more* adjectives to describe Harry Reid and the depravity of his words about the death of Marines in the Nevada Training exercise. Send em' along. *More than in yesterday's Tids.

The Americans is one of those shows that always leaves me starving for more.

The Answer:
If this poll is a good indicator (I can tell you it was a little off last week with Lazaro coming in last but winding up 6th!), tonight my wind up like this: The poll singers has Candice #1 at 25 % and Lazaro last 0.82%. In the middle it goes 2. Klee, 3. (Tie) Janelle, Angie, 5. Amber, 6. Burnell, 7. Devin, 8. Paul.

As one rock said to another rock after hearing the complaint, "I feel like I'm slowly falling apart" -- "Those are my sediments too."

And thus ends another wayward Tids.

No comments:

Post a Comment