Today's Tids Issue 2,918
Opening Stuff:
Yup, you knew it had to happen -- The Dems through Carville have decided to blame Bush for Syria. Let's see, 0-Man puppets say that he didn't use the "Red Line" phrase and Bush caused the current dilemma in Syria. (Remember that hidden tape of GW delivering Serin Gas to Assad? Oh, you missed that.) That's some kind of leadership in the White House, isn't it? With respect to Assad, GW was the Prez who said this is a bad guy and reamed Lala-Pelosi and yes, Kerry, for making visits to and praising Assad during the first term of his admin.

You had to love Dilbert today when after explaining to his Pointy Haired Boss that the company computers had lost all of the data, he said he solved the problem by hacking into the NSA where he found everything he needed to know about the comapny, the old files and restored the system!

Here's the deal...just about anybody's opinion on Syria has some chance of being correct. I have read and heard opinions from professional opinion egotists, war research intellectuals, mealy mouthed politicians, the panhandlers in the park and guys on the first tee. Nobody knows, but most suspect that there will be ramifications and retaliation after an attack if the the Prez decides to push the button. Few think it is a good idea, and a lot believe if the first bomb is burst there will be many more than promised thereafter. I don't think China nor Russia want to get involved at all, especially China who is just plain ecstatic at becoming an economic power. It's like when you try to analyze all of the clamor, the noise, you really don't hear much at all.

The Resolution Voting Facts: Department:
The Washington Post was able to contact 371 of 435 congress people and found that 204 are against or leaning against the bomb drop, 24 are for and 143 are undecided (48 of the undecided are GOP). The Senate committee passed a resolution worrying 10-7, but now there is a new uproar over that. It is, however expected that Senate will approve "O's" finger on the trigger.

The Question:
Who are Cidwetel Ejlotor, Oscar Issac, Barkhad Abdi, Benedict Cumberbatch and Daniel Bruhl. Bonus: Name the Ten "Most Liberal" Senators, according to The National Journal "Vote Ratings" monitor.

The Headlines:
--Markets Strangled By Syria Dilemma.
--Job Growth Slowed In August; Unemployment Rate Lower As Jobless Drop Out of Market; Fed May Hold Off Tapering.
UN Spokesperson Says The US Dropping A Bomb On Syria Is Clearly An Act Of War.
--McCain Gets Earful From Constituents Opposed To Syria Strike.
--US Orders Diplomats Out Of Lebanon.
--New Snowden Docs Say NSA Can Break Common Internet Encriptions.
--0-Man Failng To rally Support At G-20.
--Peyton Manning Ties record Throwing 7 TD Passes.

So I'm thinking that if the Dems and 0-Man puppets are using the Iraq War hangover as the reason for this weakened President's inaction on Syria than you can make the case that it was the Hangover from Lyndon "B's: Viet Nam fiasco that laid the groundwork for the Iraq conflict decision and strategy. In fact you could blame almost all of the ills in the current society on the weasel LBJ -- the debt, the growing welfare rolls, the decline in culture and responsibility, and yes, all of the recent US military actions.

Some in Syria are wondering why the lives of the 1,460 gassed are more important to American leaders than the lives of the 250,000+ killed with bombs bullets. It probably goes back to us creating hate crimes where we say the murder of special singled out group members is more of a murder than that of a regular ole' person. We are weird that way.

I think one of the saddest scenes in America is watching all of the lovely churches closing their doors.

So here's the quandary: Yesterday for no reason my dishwasher stops working and my printer decides to stop taking wireless instructions from my computer. So I'm thinking that the Dishwasher has run away with scanner and that the printer won't work until it receives alimony from my computer. I wonder if the NSA knows the details of this relationship?

I shed several tears last night witching Wes Welker catch pass after pass from Peyton Manning. I imagine Tom Brady did also.

NYC's exhibitionist pol Wiener is embroiled in battles about his seeming affinity to showing body parts to passers-by in cyber-land. But, this man was a contemptible politician way before he began dropping his pants. For conservatives he was the 180 degree opposite of their beliefs. A pure give-away artist and enabler, a liberal screamer on the floor of the House. According to the NYT's he was basically an ineffective congressman who in 12 years only wrote and pursued one bill, one that would add money to his campaign coffers. He wanted ObamaCare to be more liberal and he only espoused issues that would satisfy his ego and penchant for personal exposure. Hey, did I just write "exposure". Maybe I'm onto something here.

The new style US economy offers many opportunities for great wealth, but fewer and fewer job pockets for the general population. The US free enterprise system is in effect creating a vacuum into which a larger and larger government will walk.

We all at times walk in the world of our dreams, looking for the uncluttered environment in the clouds neath blue azure skies. We learn though, that perfect rippling streams in quiet forests are the reality, found in the goodness of people's hearts.

Some days it's just good to dial back, sit down and listen to Elizabeth Cotton strum a guitar.

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--Not too much new (Or not previously reviewed here) in the theaters this week except for a predictable Vin Diesel epic, Riddick. In it the notorious hero is stranded on a sun scorched planet and under siege by aliens far more capable and devious that his earthly foes. To escape he must set off a beacon that would summon his arch enemies. Yikes!

The Conscience: Chapter 27 continues:
   It was obvious that Angelica was disturbed by what I said. She is normally so quick with insightful responses. I think what really had her bothered was wondering which of her family members she could trust. She adored her grandfather, but he palled around with Bruno. She wasn't surprised though that her mom may be involved in something outside the lines of normalcy. She must know as much as I do about dear old anything-goes-at-any-given-moment mom.
    "I don't want to believe you. I don't. But, everything you says makes so much sense, even as senseless as it is." I decided to wait, letting her have her time. She has to work through it all. She doesn't know yet how alone she could be. It would really scare her to realize that she may only have me to trust, at least for now. "Jeffery, I'm having trouble thinking. I even wish you were here, as illogical as that may sound." I laughed for her comfort, and because she is actually thinking like me.
   "I'd fly there in a second, but I have to stay here at least for a few days, because we are hoping to meet with Washington and his boss. We have decided to find out where they fit in; that they could be a key to a lot of this mystery. It will be interesting, if they agree to meet. "What do you know about the financial twosome?"
   "First, I'll try to survive without you being here, but call me often. I'll need that. I know that my grandfather relies on Washington for something, but he has never involved me in that relationship. It may be nothing, but you have made my ears prickly".
   That's "Prick up your ears", and I won't tell you the origins of the phrase. Ask your mother." Why do I say things like that? I quickly changed the subject. "I will call you often, and you do the same if you see something weird. But don't pry. Just be your own delightful, normal self."
     There was a distinctive pause, and meaningful silence, "Thank you Jeffery."  I felt her simple phrase. She clicked off.

Here's how stupid my Spell Check can get. It asks me to add "Because" to my dictionary but it accepts "Becasue" as being correct? I think my dishwasher did it!

The Answer:
In addition to Sandra Bullock, Matthew McConaughey, Bruce Dern Robert Redford and Will Ferrell, these are actors being touted for Oscar winning roles in Fall Movies. Many f which, BTW, are fro liberal issue related roles. Duh!  Bonus: Tied for first as the most Liberal Senators are Sherrod Brown (O), Ben Cardin (Md), Patrick Leahy (Vt), Carl Levin (Mi), Barbara Mikulski (Md), Harry Reid (Nv), Bernie Sanders (Vt), Sheldon Whitehouse (RI) and Debbie Stabenow (Mi). Tied for tenth are Jack Reed (RI0, Kirsten Gillibrand (NY) and Chuck Schumer. I'll probably not be reading their bios.

Money Making Tip, Department:
When we have the excruciatingly cold winter this year you can bet big bucks that the environmentalists will blame the frigid days on global warming.

Americans are just damn tired of seeing body bags and watching the heartbreaking struggles of crippled soldiers, and even in the light of a horrendous assault against the innocents, feel little reason for the US to expend money and people to reconcile Syria's elusive internal problem.

I feel that I wrote a lot today, but somehow it was all just too morbid for a day before a weekend.  Maybe this will liven things up:

Good Travelin'!