Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

I’ll have two baggies of sunshine, please.




Today's Tids Issue 3,921
For compulsions:

I’m addicted to being alive, and inhaling each new beautiful morning. I’m addicted to seeing the love in people’s eyes and the happiness in their smiles. I’m addicted to being positive and looking beyond the gray. Yes, I have a terrible addictive personality, but I fight it every day with love.

49 US people die each day from overdoses to due to opioids. Your handy calculator app will tell you that adds up to 54,385 grieving American families each year. This scourge attacks all homes without any correlation to race, socio-economics or gender. Addiction is tough, and it kills. In this case the “dealers”, sources are medical companies and doctors. But, the new advances in health industry computer systems make checking out of line prescriptions easier than ever. But, when there is a will to destroy yourself with drugs, the addicted will find away. That’s the problem, reason doesn’t kick in soon enough to find a way back.

Did you know that Glen Campbell was the guitar player on The Righteous Brother’s great hit tune, “You’ve lost that Lovin’ Feeling”?

The idea of dropping bombs on NK could be appealing if the resultant counterattack wasn’t potentially so disastrous to South Korea. Everybody thinks they have solution, but if you listen closely most analysts and authorities have a hedging escape clause. I think the answer is Cyber-disruption or more simply, mass hacking. I’d be out there rattling the swords while ordering every geek in the land to help the US penetrate NK computers.

Of course, even Kim realizes that the US arsenal is far stronger than his.

My smart phone as it ages requires more frequent charging breaks. I wonder if that will occur with electric cars.

The rush to electric cars may be a little premature, so says Mazda after this morning’s news that their new improved gasoline engine is 20-30% more efficient. It’s called a compression-ignition engine and is named, “Skyactiv-X”. It allows combustion from compression and eliminates spark plugs -- more power form less gas. Then I’m thinking about the highly acclaimed Mazda Rotary engine from 30-40 years ago. How’d that work out for ya? Anyhow, the battel for combustion is not over.

The Question:
What are Glen Campbell’s five greatest songs?

The Headlines:
--Stocks Slide As Talk Of War Erupts; Oil Prices Rise; Netflix Ditched By Disney; Analysts Like Disney’s Push To Streaming..
--NK Says It Is Aiming To Take Out Guam; NK Releases Jailed Canadian Pastor.
--Tillerson Says Trump Was Speaking To Kim In Only Diplomatic Language NK Leader Understands; Tillerson Adds That It Is Time To Remain Calm – NK Capability Not Imminent.
--Paris Authorities Investigating Possible Terror Attack After Vehicle Rams Into Six Soldiers.
--Kenyan Opposition Leader Says Voting Returns Were Hacked.
--Chip And Johanna Gaines Fighting Back In Million Dollar Lawsuit Over Real Estate Deception; Many Former Clients Rallying To their Side.

While there is a fiery world in the eyes of Trump and Kim, golf fans are hoping there is plenty of fire in the belly of Jordan Spieth starting tomorrow. Let’s face it, nice guy Spieth is shooting to become  the youngest ever four major winner at the PGA this weekend. I think it will be tough for him, especially if he is pressuring himself too much. The second factor is other players, lots of other players who are also really, really good. So while Spieth is the favorite in the people’s hearts, I’m also looking at Rory who has found his game, Hideki who is one of his zones, and even #1 in the world Dustin who could be ready to snap out of his current mediocrity. And then there is that upset, the mystery out of nowhere winner, which is highly likely. That’s why I watch – anything can happen at any moment.

The DEA has asked me to reduce all addictive elements in the Tids as part of the new anti-opioid program. So, if you find yourself not wanting to read as intently, that’s why.

Chef’s and foodies like to put burgers on a Brioche buns. I don’t know hey; because it sounds cool? I have yet to have one on that romanticized roll where the bread didn’t crumble into a dried-out mess making eating more annoying than satisfying. I found a site where videos of about 25 chefs explain what makes a bad burger. The biggest culprit was bad bread, and Brioche was specifically named several times. Other contributors to bad burgers was over cooking, lean meat and too many ingredients added on top. It’s nice to know that a lot of chefs stiff respect the quality of the basic burger.

Speaking of burgers, I had a Mac ¼ pounder on the run yesterday, and the meat looked strange. And it didn’t taste quite the same, either. I checked it out and found that company has succumbed to the media hysterical “pink Slime” charges and changed its meat. I didn’t like what I had yesterday. Maybe it was the grill chef in my location.

In their zealousness to get Trump on anything, some of the formerly so-called respected newspapers are making themselves look like fools.

To win the war on drugs, all the country has to do is legalized them and make everybody buy trough Comcast customer service. Thanks to a inspirational reader.

The Answer:
It was hard not to like Campbell songs like Gentle on MY Mind, Wichita Lineman, By the Time I Get To Phoenix, Galveston (Actually, I Didn’t Like that One), Rhinestone Cowboy, King of the Road, Classical Gas and I’m Just a Country Boy. (I always thought that last one was John Denver.

I was never addicted to Glen Campbell, but I liked him.

No comments:

Post a Comment