Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Looking for humor in odd places.




Today's Tids Issue 3930
For Aimless Meandering:

I took a long walk on path that went nowhere, through meadows of nothing that was everything; everything that is silent and unobtrusive. The great, dusty path went on, and at each bend it went on again. The birds knew I was there because from time to time flocks of tiny swallows would at once erupt as one massive grey cloud, and as quickly recede back into quiet nests among bayberries, wildflowers and grasses; a gold finch would dart across my path but never look back, wandering who I was, why I had disturbed its home. The air was laden with foggy mist, and the sounds of the ocean on rocks grew as my path to nowhere continued on around another bend. And then it stopped. Before me as the sound of waves beating grew louder, a short, narrow-trodden path through yellow flowers brought me onto a misty, rocky shore and nothing more. Where large white rocks and formations looking like kings marble or petrified wood painted with whitewash gone grey framed my next world. On this shrouded shore I walked again, upon jutting boulders, down to softening sands to nowhere with a cliff to the right and the ever-rolling ocean to the left. Now, a grey coast of flat stones paved the way of my journey. If my arm still worked I would have spent hours flipping the acres of prefect skipping stones across the troughs of the waves. Why do people love to throw rocks into the sea, as I do? That was the only question I had to ponder this day of being alone upon a rocky beach. As I looked up and saw not a person, but a rocky path I would follow wherever it might take me; it seemed to go nowhere into beautiful nothingness..

I think the world would be a better place if people stopped living on others Facebook pages.

I think I have finally unearthed the cause of the expanding chasm of disunity in the USA -- Social Studies teachers.

America today seems like uninformed travelers sitting in their cars following a computerized voice in a navigation system without having a clue about the big picture; of where she is taking you.

(Sorry for the delay. Windows decided to make a lengthy update.  Without asking! Aaaaaarrrrrrrghhhh!)

The Question:
What is Mel-B’s real name? What was her singing group. Bonus: has Howie Mandel ever said anything funny?

The Headlines:
--Global Markets Treading Water Before Banker Bash At Jackson Hole Wyoming; Ears Will Be Open To Words By Yellen And Draghi.
--Oil Prices Fall; New Home Sales Fall To 7 Year Low.
--Tonight’s Powerball Could Pay Over $700 Million.
--US Navy Seventh Fleet Commander Vice Admiral Joseph Aucoin Canned After Second Deadly Collision In Two Months; Collision was Actually Fourth In Region Since January.
--President Reverts To Campaign Form On Tuesday After Presidential Moment On Monday.
--State Department Issues Warning On Travel In Mexico.
--NBA Celts And Cavs Pull Off Major Deal; Tids Sports Not Sure Which Team Is Winner.

Remember of the photo of President Obama sitting with smiling ex-KKK member and Grand Wizard Robert Byrd? Where was the horror, media?

Speaking of political correctness gone crazy, ESPN the former “Sports” powerhouse asked one of their play-by-play announcers to not broadcast the coming football game in Virginia. The reason: his name was Robert Lee. Shoot me! The media a is losing its collective minds. By the way, Lee’s parents were Chinese immigrants and probably not paying homage to the great Confederate General.

BTW, ESPN confirmed in a press release that “The employees name Robert Lee” was indeed thee reason why they took him off the job.

Can you believe that Tidlet above? No wonder people are not tuning into the one-time sports leader like they had. Too much preaching.

During my youthful athletic days, I always feared getting a hammy most. The hamstring injuries just lingered on and on, and there was little you could do about it but wait.

CNN spends an inordinate amount of time looking for ways to criticize the President. I found their criticisms as hollow and anemic as Trumps words can be outrageous. The battle that gets us nothing.

America’s Got Talent had two big time technological glitches last night. One was overcome by broadcasting a rehearsal video of the light effects dance group “Light Balance’. Escape artist Demian Aditya didn’t fare as well as his super dangerous appearing act failed just before the climax. We’ll have to see how the voters react, but he is probably gone. Tears were generated by two good singers, the deaf Mandy Harvey and piano playing 13 year old Evie Clair. Smiles were brought back by the Pompeyo Family dog, animal act – a whirlwind show of rambunctious talented K-9’s. I tuned out the trio Masqueraders about half way through, but they are a pleasant old group. Magician Eric Jones kept my attention with a couple of amazing tricks. Merrick Hanna is an 11 year old dancer who last night danced with electronic graphics and wowed the judges. I though he was Ok. Johnny Manuel is a very good singer how has some judges on his side, especially Simon. I’m not sure Mirror Image is that good even though their song and dance act is intriguing. The problem is they are only fair singers and dancers, but the overall act is decent. (They remind me of the Property Brothers – a little inane) Celine Tam is another of the many youthful singers, who is quite good. The first act of the night was Brobots and Mandroidz, a big dance group. I thought they were boring, but the crowd and judges loved them But there will only be 7 0f 12 going forward. I think the dog act will make it. I don’t know which of the four singers will get the nod, maybe several. I would ax Merrick, the Brobots, Eric, Mirror Image and Demian (Only because of tech glitch and the fact we need a reason to ax somebody.

The last two weeks of August has always been about back to school buying. But this year it appears as just one more chance to riot and march in the streets.

You got to love these freedoms loving Trump haters. The ever righteous Valerie Plame Wilson Is trying to raise enough money to allow her to buy into Twitter so she could propose banning Trump from the medium. How American is that! (BTW, she says she needs billion. So far she has $5K.) Maybe she could borrow some from Scooter Libby.

The local global warming enthusiast US Senator I love to ridicule Sheldon Whitehouse, got it right when he supported a new gas fired energy plant to be built in remote (Yes 30 miles away is considered remote here) Burrillville. He said: “He views the Burrillville plant as part of the solution to the problem of inadequate gas supply in Southern New England (that contributes to very high energy costs). Basically New Englanders can’t afford heating and energy if all fossil fuels are abandoned before alternative become an efficient option.  Maybe he reads the Tids, but is afraid to admit it in public.

Speaking of over exposure on social media, it appears that Tiger Woods and Lindsey Vonn sent each other pictures of their personal junk, which has just been leaked and which will never go away. 

“What was I thinking” is the new watchword of the Social Media era.

Speaking of social media impulsive moments that will never go away, think about all the words Trump has uttered on Twitter which will be recalled and used against him for the 2020 campaign if he chooses o run again. Crazy.

While looking for news this morning I came across a headline, “Best Eclipse Photos Of the Day.’ I think I’ll skip it.

The Answer:
Mel-B is Melanie Brown. Melanie sang her melodies as part of “Spice Girls”. Bonus: Well, I looked everywhere to find something funny from comedian Howie Mandel, with little to show for my efforts. The closest I came was, “My mother told me her friends thought I was psychotic. Well, I don’t ever want people to think I’m psychotic , but I can’t help myself from doing these things.” Well, that’s it.

Pun of the Day: “The Gourmet chef received an injection for a severe allergic reaction. He got an epi-cure.”

ESPN would probably reject me because of my name.

That’s what happens when you walk along a quiet path to nowhere looking for something funny.


No comments:

Post a Comment