Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Trust in Me. Wink, Wink.


Today's Tids Issue 4,006
For Trust:

I always thought a person’s word and good solid handshake were pretty important aspects of an orderly society. But now it seems it’s, “Well, I didn’t really grasp that hand that firmly”. Or, “Oh, I guess you misunderstood my exact word.” Is everything today all about “wiggle room”? “Well, I didn’t really mean exactly that.” Today, laws are not simply black and white, but meant to be interpreted, or even worse, “they don’t apply to me because of extenuating circumstances”. Yes, Freedoms for all is a great thing, as long as trustworthiness and responsibility go along with it. Yet somehow today, being honest, trustworthy is considered by some as being naïve.

My sister bought this driving app, but it kept on crashing. Oh no…how irresponsible is that!

This consumer protection agency squabble is an interesting paradox. I’m basically for free markets, a “buyer beware” kind of guy, but every time I think markets can and will police themselves, Wells-Fargo steps up and does something disgusting to customers. But that doesn’t let the old Cordray led agency off the hook. They only fined W-F $100 Million. They should have sent the CEO, selected board members and all higher officials to jail. Somehow, we got to get the message across that slaps on the wrists aren’t going to stop nefarious practices. And yes, in this age’s mega money society, $100 Mil is a slap on the wrist. Somebody has to stop these institutions of “Trust” from messing around with people’s savings and over charging businesses. I still would hope it could be the industry itself. But my ears and eyes are telling me something different.

Shareholders with a conscience could punish the evil doers by selling their stocks. But, I doubt if that aspect of a “market driven Economy” would work either.

My big question is why would an NFL player ever wear a chain around his neck while playing football? Aside from starting childish fights, it sounds basically dangerous to your neck.

The Question:
How many of you can name Meghan Markle’s Ten Best Movies?

The Headlines:
--Markets Plodding Forward and Upward; Cyber Monday Explodes To $6.59 Billion; Softbank Offers To Buy Uber Shares At 30% Discount..
--Repub Senators Taking Stands Against Current Proposed Tax Law To Squeeze Out More Benefits For Small Businesses.
--Trump Going To Hill To Hard Sell Agenda.
--Leandra English Cordrey Selected Deputy Director Of Consumer Watch Dog Group CFPB Sues Trump After He Appoints Mick Mulvaney.
--More Serious Charges Leveled Against Weinstein, This Time It Is Under “Federal Sex Trafficking” Laws.
--South Korea Says NK May Be Able To Announce Full Nuclear Weapon Capability By Next Year.
--Illinois Congress man (D) Luis Gutierrez To retire.

More people than I could ever imagine seem to plan their lives around pop music concert dates.

Last night on The Voice I thoroughly enjoyed Chloe Kohanski and Red Marlow, and appreciated Addison Agen even though I didn’t particularly like the song; I also enjoyed Davon Fleming and thought Noah was pretty good. Brook got judges raves but I thought she was just plain loud. Janice Freeman who has a great voice got lost in the band somewhere. I liked Adam better than usual and also Ashland who kept me smiling quite a bit. I think Sha’Ann can sing and had good moments but something soft can equally light up the stage as the typical shouts at the end. Kiesha, who I generally like, may have hurt herself jazzing up a nice Faith Hill tune. But she is polished for sure. So, It’s up to the voters. I’m thinking that Adam and Kiesha and perhaps Ashland or Shi’Ann, could be on the bottom. It’s just a matter of somebody having to go now…whether you like it or not. Right now, based on ITune’s overall sales, it looks like a race between Chloe and Addison to the finish.

For last night’s ITunes The Voice rankings, Chloe’s Total Eclipse of the Heart was number one of all songs sold through ITunes last evening. #2 on the charts was for Addison. Also in the Top Ten was Red Marlow at #10. After Red, Noah came in at 16, Davon at 17, Brook at 27, Keisha at 28. Then we had Chloe and Addison’s earlier efforts picking up sales. In fact, Chloe had 4 in the top 100, Addison 2 and Keisha 2. Also in the Top 100 were Ashland (68), Janice (72), Adam (80) and Shi’Ann (92).

The PC Police are all over everything that is considered even mildly offensive to the smallest of minorities. But, I don’t remember any outrage from the same American Nannies when half of the US population was deemed “Deplorables”. And those still suffering from severe Hillary-Lossitis still harken back on that deplorable remark to look down on good old, plain laid-back Americans.

God, Donald…think man, think.

Tech Junk! Actually, it’s not junk at all but most often perfectly usable phones, tablets et.al., sitting in backs of drawers as the ravenous American consumer appetite constantly seeks the new and maybe not better. The average American spends $531.43 on new technology every year. And most of the old stuff is just left gathering dust.

My regular Golf course closes for the season at the end of this week until next April. Finding warmth, has been a big problem this year. I generally feel that 45 degrees and up are doable days. But, a toasty 45 is early in the morn has been elusive this year. But we will find a way. It is the most important thing I’m doing this week! Yes, life is tough.

The Answer:
I couldn’t name one. Actually, she had better luck on TV where she was well known for “Fringe” and “Suits”. Her top ten movies in order are The Apostles, A Lot Like Love, The Candidate, Horrible Bosses, The Boys and Girls Guide To Getting Down, Remember Me, Dysfunctional Friends, Good Behavior, Get Him To The Greek, Deceit and #11, Random Encounters. Many of her films were TV Movies.

I never promised the Tids would be good, I just said I’d get it there. Trust me!


The Red, White and Blue stand for freedom until they are flashing behind you!

No comments:

Post a Comment