Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, August 17, 2018

R-e-s-p-e-c-t.



Today's Tids Issue 4,198
For stepping back and reconsidering:

Maybe that little word respect is the crux to all of our cultural, diplomatic, personal and political problems. Maybe Me-ism has gone much too far. Why do so many look at the negativity in persons and systems and institutions. Is it to obscure their own shortcomings, boost their own ideologies. We need to respect all levels of achievement, from the mightiest to the simplest; personal property, personal talents, the fragility of the planet. Respect will lead to understanding, cooperation and positive accomplishment. And better interpersonal relations. R-e-s-p-e-c-t – dwell on it for a while.

Nobody spelled R-e-s-p-e-c-t better than Aretha Franklin. And no singer deserved more. She was always a treat, and her humanity and understanding of that world shown though.

Hey, I just got an eMail from Vanna White and Pat Sajak saying, “Richard, we miss you.” A tear came to my eye. Being wanted is the deepest of human emotions. And, this morning, I am.

I have to agree with the Latest Trump tweet asking the SEC to consider calling for Semi-annual instead of quarterly financial reports. I have always thought that the quarterly reports put the wrong kind of pressure on business operations.

“I was so poor that when I was young I went to orgies to eat the grapes” – Rodney Dangerfield.

The Question:
Who was the last of Hitler’s Nazi inner circle to die?

The Headlines:
--Markets Open Lower; John Deere Missies Analysts Dreams, Mainly Due To Higher Material Costs Because Of Tariffs; US Personal Rising.
--Bodies Of Pregnant Wife And Beautiful Daughters Murdered By Husband/Father Found.
--Mattis Expects Increased Taliban Attacks In Coming Months.
--US Pilots In Syria, Iraq and Afghan Experiencing Increased Rates Of Laser Pointer Attacks; 350 Incidents Reported In First Six Months.
--Latest Omorosa Tape Reveals Wife Of Trump’s Son Offering Deal.
--John Elway Says Kaepernick Turned Down Bronco Deal.
--US Police Authorities On National Hunt To Crack Down On Dangerous K2 Drug.
--Trump Promises More Teamwork To Reduce Fire Risks.
--Pats Win Over Eagles In SB Rematch; Pack Wins, Jets Lose In Thursday Night NFL Preseason Games; Brady And Foules Shake Hands..
--Scientists Find 99-million-Year-Old Beatle Perfectly Preserved In Amber; Researchers Say Mini Medical ID Bracelet Gave Them First Clues On Age.

One of the problems with golf as you get older is that just as you begin to get your game under control, a body part breaks.

There’s something funny about sentence “Crack” down on dangerous drug K2. But our horrendous national addiction problem is anything but humorous.

“I came from a tough neighborhood. In the local restaurant they served broken leg of lamb.” –RD “In fact when I moved in I bought a waterbed and found a guy in the bottom of it.” RD

I don’t know if it will become a trend, but, it is significant that New York University Medical School is eliminating tuition, with no questions asked about financial where-withal. NYU Medical is rated as #3 Medical research university in the USA, and is concerned over the amount of debt encumbering graduates. A rational observer pointed out that the medical profession is losing its glimmer among many bright young Americans as the doctors struggle to make a living under increasingly confining current health industry payment procedures. I can hear the clamor in great universities around the USA as trustees gulp at the prospects of surviving in a no tuition world.

Did you hear about the guy who thought reincarnation was coming back as a can of sweetened condensed milk?

Scott Adams, creator of the funniest of comic strips Dilbert, condemns ex CIA Chief Brenna for starting a national crisis by not understanding humor. The comic strip author says, that Trump’s sarcastic tweet, “Maybe Russia could find Hillary’s 30,000 emails” was taken as treasonous by sour faced biased ideologue Brennan. His lack of a sense of humor basically precipitated the Mueller investigation, says Adams..

Last year’s AGT winner Darci Lynn and her puppet pals came back for a special performance Wednesday, and I just say there with a great big damn smile on my face. The kid is amazing.

“I was so ugly that my mother used to feed me with a sling shot.” RD

I’ll tell you who should be accused of treason – leading politicians who encourage, even urge people, especially children, to disrespect the flag, anthem and honored institutions.

The Catholic Church just has to find away to understand the difference between praying and preying.

A new medical study says that low carb diets could shorten your life. Eat orange colored snacks.

“I get no respect. The way my luck is running, if I was a politician, I would be honest.” RD

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--The excellent romantic comedy starring my favorite Constance Wu, Crazy Rich Asians, was reviewed in the Tids yesterday. I’m going despite critic’s fixation on racial achievement.
--Alpha explores the origins of man’s best friend, other than wives and lovers. During an Ice Age tribal hunting trip, a young man is injured and left to survive on his own. He encounters a young wolf abandoned by the pack and tames it. They become allies and endure many hardships together as the young ma struggles to return home before winter. Well done.
--Of course, I put down Mile 22 on my to see list. But it doesn’t seem to make it, never living up to this genre description – “action” “thriller”. It is long and fairly uneventful, But I might go anyhow because I like long boring espionage thrillers.
--The Wife is a highly regarded story of a marriage. It’s about a world acclaimed writer about it receive the Nobel Prize and, more so about his wife – elegant, self-effacing, intelligent, charming and diplomatic – to her  casual hubby’s vanity and public posturing. It looks at secrets compromises, betrayals and mutual love. Glenn Close carries this one beautifully, they say. I saw another recent highly acclaimed movie about an old enduring marriage and I thought it sucked. So, we’ll see about this one.
--100% of the people and critics love “Blaze”. It is a story of a songwriter for Merle Haggard and Willie Nelson, his songs, his loves his death, highs and lows and people who shared his journey.

The Answer:
Rudolf Hess died in 1987 in Spandau Prison.

As you could see, when I hear the word “Respect” I also think of Rodney Dangerfield. Here’s Rodney on “Sex” and Psychiatry:
“When my old man wanted sex, my mother would show him a picture of me.”; “My wife only has sex with me for a purpose. Last night it was to time an egg.”; “A girl called me the other day and said, ‘Come on over, nobody is home. I went over. Nobody was home.”; My doctor told me to watch my drinking. Now I drink in front of mirror.”

So, hope you’re laughing into the weekend. I am, and I respect you all. Oh yeah – Rodney once told his psychiatrist that he kept on thinking but suicide. His doctor said from now on he’d have to pay in advance.
That’s all, folks.


No comments:

Post a Comment