Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, November 22, 2018

Indelibility.



Today's Tids Issue 4,262
Ain't Friends Grand:

Yesterday afternoon a message appeared on my phone email. I recognized the creative email address immediately. It was an old friend of mine. I mean really old, a good one who have known since I was about 3 years old. We don’t talk much now, but the memories are so deep seated, that hearing from him always seems like yesterday.

The yesterday’s he was remembering occurred about 75 years ago. He was telling me how the little things we did as young tykes were so profound in his thoughts at the time. Like having the chance to sit and talk with my Grandmother around the corner. Or walking down town together on my Sunday morning chore of buying the newspapers.

The clutter in this land, this world tends to suffocate what is really important. I have noticed over the years that people do remember little things. Children recall stuff that parents never thought they heard. Lovers and spouses look first to intrinsic values over bouquets of roses. Children feel strength in the parental hands they grasp. Parents remember most what is in their child’s heart regardless of their scorecards. Too many people seem to worry that they aren’t doing enough, but they miss the point that being a friend is everything, more than enough.

Sometimes it takes nudge from a great friend to remember what is really important in life.

Yesterday I gave you this hymn as sung by regular people in a small church somewhere out in a rural community. I thought it was a nice reflection on a day about thanks. It’s not the quality of the voice but the sincerity of the singing.   Today let’s embellish it a bit. Funny though, the love feels the same to me.


Happy Thanksgiving – E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!

No comments:

Post a Comment