Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, July 11, 2019

What hath Twitter wrought?



Today's Tids Issue 4,429
Aaaarrgh!

What to write about today:
I see people screaming
I see others scheming.
I see folks down and out
Others with a victory shout.
The world is complex,
A duplicitous wreck.
So, I pray for simple clarity,
An infrequent global rarity.

It was clear according to all reports that Cleveland outdid itself as host to the All-Star game. Actually, Cleveland is one of the great places to live unless you are influenced by myopic New Yorkers who basically know nothing about anything outside their clichéd neighborhoods. In addition to wonderful people, creative and inventive, the restaurants there serve the best breads with dinner.

If I were the RNC Chairman, I would be spending most of my time getting back a Repub House majority.

Claustrophobic people prefer thinking out of the box.

The Question:
Name three of Sela Ward’s best acting efforts.

The Headlines:
--Rate Cut Hopes Will Keep Market Higher Today; Pound Could Fall To Dollar Levels; Global Markets Up.
--Louisiana Underwater As Storms Pour Down Rain Ahead of Possible Hurricane.
--5 Alleged Iranian Gunboats Converge On British Tanker But Race Away When British Warship Appears.
--France Defies US Trade Threat And Imposes Tax On American Tech Mahoffs.
--Bitcoin Drops 8% After Powell Calls For Halt To Facebook Libra Cryptocurrency; Chief Concerns Are Privacy, Money Laundering, Consumer Protection And Financial Stability.
--Embattled Labor Secretary Acosta Defends His Role In Earlier Epstein Plea Deal.

One of my ongoing pet peeves is people lumping people into groups based simply on perceived psychlo-cultural assumptions.

Sign language is quite handy.

“We’ve got to love more, hate less.” – Megan Rapinoe. How about getting your team to the White House for starters?

It’s so foggy out this morning that I can’t see the screen on this laptop. Maybe I should close the windows until I finish the Tids.

Crypto: “Not openly avowed or declared – often used in combination with other words, Crypto-communist, Crypto Currency. It was first used as an adjective in 1681.

Do you think that earth ever as the chance to become entirely civilized?

I always liked Sela Ward. I don’t know why.

Technology could ruin sports. Most games were better, and a lot faster when umpires or refs made human errors. Manager or coach hunches, always a part of any game, are now replaced by computer statistics. As were the arguments that followed a bad call or questionable decision. Now they are introducing Robot umpires to baseball in the independent Atlantic League. Gaaaa!

How about robots for dating. The new Normal: The girl says to the guy, first you have to go out with my alter ego-robot who will report back to me on whether or not you are acceptable. What ever happened to, “Zing went the strings of my heart”?

Note: The boy will double date with his hacker friend.

The lower politicians slip in the polls, the stupider they sound.

I think the Captain is another of those all about love as long as it isn’t about loving the other side.

Rhode Island Slipped back to #50 in CNBC Ratings, becoming once again worst state for business. They have been no better than 45 over the past decade, when things were booming. And, it’s all about Unions dominating the legislatures. And friends in high places. And, everybody knows it. RI thinks small, Pure and simple.

I used to tell jokes about the unemployed. Then I found they didn’t work.

As I drink the dregs of my second mug of coffee, I have to wonder if people really like coffee. Then I realize, of course they don’t. Have you seen the sugary, syrupy, creamy milkshakes that now pass for coffee?

The Answer:
Sela had had a very good career with two Emmys – Teddy Reed in Sisters and as Lily Manning in Once and Again. She Is currently in FBI, and has been a strong presence in House and CSI NY. She was in many films – POTUS in Independence Day and in The Fugitive among several more – but TV was her medium for stardom. And, she did it well.

I have no words to describe how angry I am this morning after I found my new dictionary full of blank pages.

Is AOC and the rambunctious 3 saying that Nancy is racist. It sure sounds like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment