Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, September 27, 2019

No antacids.


Today's Tids Issue 4,486
Love or Money:

Jane: Friends are Good.
Dick: We should be friends to friends.
Jane: Being friendly is helpful.
Dick: Friends are there when you need them.
Jane: President Trump needs more friends.

Stomach queasiness test:
I read the transcript of the suspect phone convention between Presidents. To this man’s eyes it read like a love affair. When I read so-called controversial memoranda and ballyhooed evidentiary reports, I always gage my feelings by the amount my stomach turns over at the mention of an item. I felt no gastric twinges when reading this one, and saw it as somewhat innocuous. And to think, we are riling a nation over this. Pretty sad.

I always thought my neighbors were nice, quite friendly. But then they put a password on their Wi-Fi

In politics the truth is always affirmed trough biased eyes.

Repubs: The Complaint is an “Impeachment Dud”.
Dems: Trump has clearly committed a criminal act.

Could it be that the College game of the week is a Pac 12 contest? Yes, there are actually two teams in that recently less than powerful league with top 25 rankings fighting this coming Saturday – #17 Washington and #21 Southern Cal. The only other game between top 25 teams is ND versus Virginia. I’m hearing that college game attendance is down. But never in Columbus Ohio or Alabama. (Note: Pac 12 Oregon is also ranked at #13.)

The Question:
Who is Wally Coron, and why is he regretful?

The Headlines:
--Impeachment Wars Take Off.
--New Optimism For China Progress Should Push Stocks Higher.
--Atria And Phillip Morris Call Off Merger
--Congress Committee To Interview/Interrogate US Intelligence Chief Joseph McGuire Over Ukraine Caper.
--US Weather People Concerned That Storm Karen May Be Looping Back To USA.
--UAW Submits Potential Strike Ending Proposal To GM.
--Former French President Jacques Chirac Dies At 86.
--Vaping Giant Juul Withdraws $100 Million In Advertising.
--Trump Appears To be Losing Repub Support In Senate.
--McDonald’s To Test Beyond Meat.

Actually, I am having fun making up Dick and Jane conversations to begin the Tids. I don’t know whether or not you get anything from it, but I am. Regardless of diversity, climate, bad rich people and other leftist hallucinations, the Tids a basically about me having fun.

The progressive left is all for getting rid of straws. So how come each succeeding accusation of Trump is always the last straw.

AOC says the Dems should be “Willing to lose the election” over impeachment.

So, the mighty Tids sports department was looking like another big wining week after the one o’clock games last Sunday, But alas we fell rapidly giving us a three week total of 32-15-1 (67%). We need a healthy dose of comeback this week. I have yet to pick a Thursday night winner but this will be the week, guaranteed. Philly is so-so and GB is playing well and are home. GB to break the Thursday rut.

There are a few posers this week, leading off with – Dallas/New Orleans and even Jax/Denver. Cleveland/Baltimore should be a poser because the Browns need it and Baltimore can begin to run away with their division if they take it. Ravens. The undefeated, Pats/Buffalo, this week is a tough pick, with the Bills playing at home and playing well. We know the Chiefs are the amazing Chiefs, but Detroit has not lost either (they should have not tied their first game). Will Matt Patricia call is former boss Belichick for advice on how he stopped the Chiefs last year? And then there is the Midwest match, potential war, between the Vikes and Bears. Ok, let’s do it. The Saints are good throughout and will surprise the Cowboys. Jax has surprised and Denver is getting better every week. I picking the Broncs to win #1. I would love to see the Brownies pull this one out, But until the Ravens reveal some hidden flaw, I got to stay with the home team Balt. The Bills look good and their fans are another player on the field. But I believe the Pats are just that much better. Go Pats. The Chiefs may be just a little too good for the improving Lions, but believe this will be one of the fun games to watch. Holding my breath and I’m going with the Bears in another watchable game.

Of the rest, I go Chargers over Dolphins, Giants over Red Skins (I’d pick the Skins but they have let me down too often this season.) Texans and Panthers is a good game, but the Texans need this and will finally come together. I’ve bene for the Titans all season and have gotten nowhere. The Falcons aren’t bad. Now what. Atlanta at home. I have Jacoby Brissette and the Colts over the Raiders, Seahawks over Cards, Rams over Bucs and Steelers over Bengals.

For the past decade women have been passing by men in education and income. So, a new Cornell study finds that all modern marriages are not necessarily entirely about love. Dollar signs are a big part of the new marriage formula. With the majority of successful women looking for men with at least equal incomes.  “If I were a carpenter and you were a lady…”

I’ll tell you what doesn’t pass the gastric twinge test. Gerald Nadler talking.

Overheard more and more among Repubs: “This is not the Republican party I belonged to.”

I believe the same could be written about many democrats.

By the way, I think Elizabeth Warren has figured it out. Be quiet and let the rest of them talk themselves into oblivion.

Jane: I see Shiff.
Dick: Can you spell Shiff?
Jane: S-h-i-f-t-y.
Dick: I see Nadler.
Jane: Can you spell Nadler.
Dick: H-y-p-o-c-r-i-t-e.
Jane: Oh Dick! That doesn’t sound like Nadler.
Dick: That’s what Nadler sounds like to me.

I read a little piece in the paper today about the progressives beginning a well-organized grass roots program here to replace not only Repubs, but moderate Dems instate government. If they’re doing it here you got to figure it is what will be happening across the country. Progressives never give up. These are the little movements that scare me.

Some diets I see that are designed to avoid death, look more like a living death to me. I call them zombie diets.

My friend said he had the body of a Greek God. Then I explained to him where Buddha came from.

The Answer:
Wally Coron invented the Labradoodle, and says it is his “Life’s regret”. He is concerned that too many people have jumped on the cross-breed bandwagon with little concern for the results of their experiments. He says that his Labradoodle is a “Frankenstein monster”. Originally, he thought it would be the perfect guide dog for the blind. But, he says, “I find that the biggest majority of labradoodles are either crazy or have a hereditary problem. But, don’t tell that to owners of the lovable crossbreed. They like what they have. Coron’s tirade on ABC News was against unscrupulous breeders who breed just about anything for dollars and notoriety.

Well, today it seems will be another queasiness test day. Supposedly the Congress will release the declassified report about the whistleblower. Right now, all we know is that some Dems and Repubs who aren’t friends of Trump are scowling over it. Dems always scowl.

Is love still there:

No comments:

Post a Comment