Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, February 27, 2024

How easy it could be.

 


Today's Tids Issue 5,458 

Advertising Mesmerizes: 

 

That guy just threw his milk at me!  

How dairy! 

 

Some mornings all it takes is a simple smile to get a good day going in the right direction. 

 

My initial reaction to the new case before the Supreme Court about states inhibiting the freedom of Tech social media companies to make their own decisions is for the tech companies and against government intrusion. My view of America is that it is the people who get to choose and reject. Not some politician afraid of the loudest voices. 

 

Whatever happened to switching the channels if you don't like a program instead of whining to the government change eh system.   

 

I like funny wife jokes, but I keep them to myself because I could easily be banned without Government intervention. 

 

The Question: 

Baseball season is starting to perk along. Which ball parks should you stay aways form as in: Which teams have the most annoying fans? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Waiting for Thursday’s PCE Stifling Market Activity; Macy’s Beats Ultra Low Estimates. 

--Today's Feb Consumer Confidence Index Down below 80; This Has been a Signal for Possible Recession. 

--Michigan Dems go to Primary Polls Today; Analysts will be Watching Depth of Support for Biden. 

--Congress seems Immobile as it Counts Down to latest Budgetary Crisis. 

--Beyond Meat is Reconcocting Fake Meat Formula as sales Drop. 

--EU Expected to Fine Apple $543 Million in Spotify Anti-Trust Case.  

 

Do you realize how much could be accomplished, cheaper, if there were no politics.  

 

The Internet here stopped a little while ago, so I had to take a walk because Microsoft can't save what I type. It felt like a spring day. It felt like I should see crocus and forsythia popping.  

 

It was a nice win for Jake Knapp at the Mexican Open last weekend. But maybe not so hot for Mexico's golf future as the field was comprised of a big list of no-names. The tourney Prize list totaled $8.5 Million, just a year or so ago big money. That is until Arabia and oil’s gobs of dough brought us LIV and changed that minimum wage. LIV has forced the PGA to create a segment of “Prime Tournaments with prizes valued at $20 million ($25 Million for the Players). Yet to round out a good tournament season the PGA still needs strong sponsors for the so-called smaller $8-9 Million events. And those tournaments still need the big names or sponsors will drift. It is a dilemma for sure, and it says to me that we can expect a structured deal between the oil Princes and the USA PGA and European tour soon. 

 

If the world seems illogical for you anymore, all you have to do is look for the money and it will become clear. That doesn't mean you have to like what you see. 

 

I liked the comment of a local high school girl wrestler who said I wrestle because it is fun not because I want to break down new barriers. 

 

One of the funnier (To me) new lawsuits is Google taking Microsoft to Court because they are a monopoly in the cloud biz. Google is the most pervasive Tech company of all but wants Big G to help them fight battles that they don't seem to have the wherewithal fight themselves. Microsoft a saw and acted on a future need and they didn’t. Now they are whining. 

 

I just walked to the bank, and it was obvious that the teller had broken up with her boyfriend last night.  

 

As I scan the political landscape now, I just have to wonder how many write-in votes there will be in November. 

 

Helping Ukraine isn't going to make Putin dislike us any more than he has for a decade or two.  

 

Since Ukraine, Tolstoy’s book has been renamed to, "Special Military Operation and Peace". 

 

Litter in the streets will always remind us that civilized society still has a long way to go. 

 

In case you missed it, Consumer Reports just named their Top Five Auto Brands. #1 is BMW followed by Subaru, Porsche, Honda and Lexus. The bottom five are Rivian, GMC, Land Rover, Jaguar and Jeep. Say it ain’t so, GI Joe. 

 

It appears that while some food items are coming down, pet and dog food is soaring out of sight. (Up 45% since 2020.) Many are cancelling fancy food delivery services, and even giving up their best friends to orphan services. Maybe it's time to go back to dry food and get away from Gourmet. Hell, I think simple basic simple food is better than gourmet and my tail is still wagging. 

 

Suicide is illegal in China because it is the destruction of government property. 

 

The Answer: 

Number one on the annoying fan list are the Ya, Ya, Ya... Well, you know who I mean. Number two are the fans of my beloved Red Sox. Hey, that’s me. The rest i order LA Dodgers, Philadelphia Phillies, Chicago Cubs, Houston Astros, NY Mets, San Fran Giants, Saint Louis Cardinals and Atlanta Braves. The Cleveland Guardians are #16. They could be higher, but too many of them are embarrassed by the name Guardians.  

 

I'll be getting email from YaYa’s saying, Waddaya mean I’m annoying. So’s your mother. And other not so Tids friendly language. 

 

I wish I had more of a positive feeling for the Red Sox season. So, I’ll just be annoying and send you a little Boston: 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment