Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, February 26, 2024

The sun is always there

 


Today's Tids Issue 5457 

Fly, and look up: 

 

How do I make this damn Tids brighter. How do I convey the love of life I feel in my heart each morn as I wake. And not tumble into the morass of anger so pervasive today.  

 

People often call seagulls flying rats. But as I stand out there each morning, I only see beautiful birds with a lovely shade of grey; amazingly graceful birds soaring high upon currents and breezes. Maybe they are Machiavellian, but I always stop to stare and enjoy the magnificent birds of the sea.  

 

Say it isn't so Nikki. Haley's money people are jumping ship. That leaves me with only that voice that makes me cringe. 

 

When I was a kid, we worried about polio and getting shot in the eye by a BB gun. Today there is genuine life-threatening panic when Smart phone connections are lost for an a hour or so; that their lives might tumble into an abyss. 

 

Joe Biden had a meeting with the cabinet today…He also spoke to the bookcase and argued with the desk. 

 

The Question: 

Name what are considered the all-time Happy, Cheerful songs. 

 

The Headlines: 

--Markets Resting Looking Forward to New Inflation Data This Week: PCE (Personal Consumption Expenditures), Preferred Inflation Gage out Thursday. 

--Koch has Big Money Haley Backers Leaving the Scene. 

--Eight-year Head of RNC, Ronna McDaniel Stepping Down After Super Tuesday; Trump Trying Load up RNC Key Positions with Daughter Lara and Other Supporters. 

--Biden Calls in Congressional Leadership for Ukraine Discussions. 

--Intuitive Machines (Moon Landing Company) Stock Plummets after Lander Tips Over; Many Scientific Missions Expected to Continue.  

--Wal-Mart 3 for1 Stock Split Goes into Effect; Berkshire Hathaway Nears $1 Trillion. 

 

I remember when a good song lasted for a decade or more. Because the melody was infectious and the message transitional. But today's top songs disappear as soon as they turn off the glittering lights and fog machines.  

 

You can laugh at Trump’s garish, uglier than his buildings’ sneakers, but somebody will save them in the original box and sell them in a decade for million on Antique Roadshow. .  

 

Proof that 9/11 wasn't a government plot: It worked. 

 

Basketball court storming looks a lot like irresponsible marauding at our borders. Is this the latest cultural trend as we find our way towards a chaotic future.  

 

OK, that is It. I'm off politics now after Saturday's final insult. I had just settled down for a calming, mindless evening with Wheel of Fortune when CBS broke in with the announcement to say that Trump had won.  Like Duh, was that really newsworthy enough to interrupt a perfect evening.  Politics is ruining America. 

 

Biden versus Trump – The hack or the quack. Just popped into my head.  

  

Buying “Merch” for ridiculously high prices is the latest example of how you can sell Americans anything.  

 

Younger generations are into stopping waste to save the planet. Most sensible people have always eliminated waste because it's a good idea, regardless of government mandates.  

 

What is a government mandate? 

When Obama and Biden go out to dinner together. 

 

I thought I was going to write about love today. I’m not doing well. 

 

If people can fall out of love, maybe it was never love at all. 

 

I hate it when a good friend who responded all the time to this mess has stopped commenting now for way over a month now. At my age, this is never a good sign 

 

The Answer: 

I like old tunes like Sunny Side of the Street and “Oh What a beautiful Morning; A Real Nice Clambake. I'm smiling just typing them. But the lists of so-called Cheerful Happy songs found in the web are always more contemporary from the sixties and beyond. Maybe AI doesn’t know what happiness is. Number one on most lists (But not the one to come) is Good Vibrations by the Beach Boys. #10 s is Twist and Shout. Now, going down to #1, its Dancing Queen, Good Vibrations, Happy Together, Three Little Birds, I Want to Dance with Somebody, Don't Worry be Happy, Walking in Sunshine, Happy and #1-- Don’t Stop me Now.  

 

That all just says to me that list making is really subjective. My jolly choice to leave you on a Happy, cheerful note is{ 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment