Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Everything is about love.

Today's tids Issue 2,072
Opening Stuff:

When all of your dreams come true, will there be anything left about which to dream?

Being loved sets you free. Free to soar. Free to walk the tight rope of life over outstretched caring arms. Free to know that someone who cares will comfort you in soft fluffy clouds of understanding. Loving brings on burdens…of caring, hoping, consoling, urging, grieving, scolding. Understanding. And, also the elation in shared victories and achievements and being beautifully loved in return.

The Question:

Yesterday was the anniversary of the attack on the Alamo. That event produced a memorable slogan. Name that and 2 other war slogans made famous after attacks.

The Headlines:
--“24’s” Kiefer Sutherland Back On Set After Surgery; Shooting Resumes And Nothing To Happen To Schedule.
--New Home Sales Hit Record Low In January.
--US Death Toll in Afghanistan Approaching 1,000.
--US Toyota Chief Gets Grilled; Admits Their May be Additional Problems; Family Scion Akio Toyota To Apologize Before Congress Today..
--Wall Street Shifting Support To Republicans.
--Stocks Rising Ahead Of Bernanke Report.
--Financial Regulation Overhaul Becoming More Of A Certainty As Republican Corker (TN) Fights For Promising Compromise.
--Athens March In Protest Of Cutbacks To Save Country Ends In Clash With Police.
--Painting Believed To be Van Gogh Authenticated.

Back to More Stuff:

The clothes of people who smoke smell like stale cigarette smoke. Mine smell like rich creamy gravy. That’s why I’m always smiling.

I think the Republicans are counting their chickens much too early.

Politicians jumping ship because Congress isn’t working reminds me of NBA players demanding trades because their team isn’t winning. Excuse me cowards…you are part of the problem.

When ESPN superstar Chris Burman shouts “Back, back, back” these days he is probably bemoaning the return of all the weight he famously lost and which now defines his familiar pear shaped torso we have grown to love over the years.

Recipe Department: Everybody loves a tasty trip down to the hills, the new world lands of William Of Orange followers. Them’s hill-billys, rednecks to the rest of you. And pulled pork is the staple. Preheat oven to 350. Trim excess fat from a 2 lb pork roast. In a bowl mix 1 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper, 1 tsp dried minced onion, 1 tsp garlic powder and ½ tsp Morton’s Nature’s Seasons Seasoning Blend. Rub mixture all over pork. In skillet heat (medium) 1 tbs canola oil.and sear pork on all sides. Place roast in baking dish and add water. Bake I hour covered with foil and another uncovered. Let pork cool, then use a couple of meat forks to shred it. Mix 14-16 oz of favorite barbecue sauce with shredded pork and then heat for 15 mins until tastes merge.

A pseudonym is an author’s write name.

24um: So, what does the latest events in the Dana Walsh caper mean to the entire show storyline? I had assumed scenarios, like the two bozos stumbling into the Nuke theft, but nothing came true. It clouds the future credibility of Cole in the CTU. But more interesting is that maybe Dana wasn’t covering up her past indiscretions, but was worrying that her hidden association with the terrorists would be revealed if her past became known. That would be fun. –The romance between Jack and the wonderful Renee continues to deepen. That’s good. –When does President Logan return and how will that interfere with the White House negotiations. –What is that presidential aid really all about?.

Tips and talk from Tid Folk: --The son of a long time GM worker observes, “I don't think it's too much of a leap to think that the fact we (The Government and unions) now own GM and Chrysler is playing a role in the hearings.” –The Tid’s comments about Scott Brown’s first big vote brought comments from opposite ends of the debate…from “It’s the partisanship voters are looking for” to “My heart is broken this morning re: Scott Brown and the rest of the New England Republicans who went along with this "jobs" nonsense!!!!!!...I think we have a group of Democrats in Republican clothing ....”

The Novel:

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 56. –“What’s going on?” I wondered as I struggled to walk a mere 15 steps this afternoon. It was painful and very awkward as I hit walls and had trouble avoiding legs of chairs. But it will be worth it. The phone near my bed rand and I wanted to run. It had to be Kent, but the legs didn’t respond as fast as my heart. The good news about being in the hospital is that callers expect the worse and let the phone ring longer. I reached it at the seventh ring and eagerly Picked. Excitedly, I shouted “Hello…”, but before I could add Kent with an exclamation point, I heard Jack say, Maggie, it is so good to hear your peppy voice again.” I hated it when people called me peppy!, But I answered him anyhow, “And yours too!”. Well Maggie, you should feel proud of yourself. The deal is done and most everybody in the room were shore is was because of your guiding hands.” I smiled. Jack knew how to hit my buttons. “Why thanks Jack”, I acknowledged. To be a part of anything right now is the best therapy in the world.” He continued, “Bill and the crew are with heir financial people setting up the details and relationships. I got the impression that Kent Middleton would like you running the show. Hey, he’s an odd duck, isn’t he?” I smiled and thought, yes wonderfully beautifully odd. In fact the most unique individual I have ever known. I answered, “Yes, he can be quirky”.

Back to More Stuff Again:

When Simon said to the first performer, “You are the best singer of the lot”, I thought we are in for a bad night. American Idol is off and running and first in the box Paige Miles, while very personable and probably good was disappointing to me. In fact the first three were dullsville and often off key to this tin ear. I don’t have room to go into all of them but my favorites were Siobhan Magnus who was moving, Chrystal Bowersox ( Maybe I like her because it sounds like BoSox) who sang my kind of music and young teen Katie Stevens who has a voice beyond her years. I also liked Lilly Scott, Katlyn Epperly, Didi Benami and Michelle Delemore. I like Haeley Vaughn, but she was disappointing last night. Off the show are Ashley Rodriguez and Janell Wheeler.

The wild, wild west days of the internet continue to come under the control of gun slinging sheriffs around the globe. Italy has convicted Google execs for not acting fast enough to remove a despicable teen-made video that shows the bullying of an autistic boy. Apple has removed a couple of sexually explicit apps. The industry wants to be self regulating, so expect to see more companies like apple ridding their sites of irresponsibility before the Feds can build a case.

I’m all for 911 calls being off limits for public airing. Why do news networks think that very personal trauma should be in the public domain.

The Answer:

The three great “Remembers” were the Alamo, The Maine and Pearl Harbor. Another chilling war slogan was Banzai. Of course that was often dulled with “Oo-rah” the cry of US Marines.

The End:

I’m already getting tired of Ellen on AI.

No comments:

Post a Comment