Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, February 8, 2010

Td's and Ad's

Today's Tids Issue 2,060

Opening Stuff:

The Super Bowl had a winner this year. It was a fine competitive affair. And, to this viewer, with a Peyton Manning in the wings it is never over til the confetti engulfs the field. While Brees was uncanny after the first quarter, I have to say that a couple of dropped Manning passes caught could have easily changed the outcome. The opening patriotic songs were good. While Carrie was robust, I thought she strained a bit. The Queen was a little to jazzy for my taste. The “Who” was what it is, with people who didn’t know them loving their discovery and old Who fans crying in nostalgia. Personally, I thought it was a set up. CBS had the game telecast and couple of the best known Who themes are signatures for the top series, CSI and cast offs. A little subtle advertising here? I didn’t get very excited about the ads. Men walking around in underwear is a turn-off. Rather ugly, really. I remember two commercials. The one I liked best was the Simpson’s Coke ad. The other I remember was the Doritos in the neck by the protective snack addict. Most of the rest were old themes with no surprises or bad attempts at humor. But, the game was great. And that is all I care about anyhow.

I hate long openers like the above. But you do what you gotta do.

The Republicans made the mistake of complaining about the lack of transparency. Now Prime Time will be seeking TV time for just about every little issue. He loves it, and will use it as a campaign tactic. Because, when he is at the podium in his house, he will always get the last word. These forums could diminish whatever advantage the GOP has gained during the past year. Be careful about what you wish for.

The Question:

I remember well how I became fascinated by Classical music as about a 7 yo. listening to The Lone Ranger’s nightly radio program. You could probably name one overture that was a well known theme and popularized by the program.. But, there were two others that often filled out the musical background so important in radio. Name the pieces and the composers.

The Headlines:

--Bourbon Street Alive All Night Long After Saints Man(ning)-Handle Colts; Breeze MVP; Coach Payton Pulls Out Tricks To Keep Peyton Off Field.
--Prime Time To Hold Televised “New Vision for Health Care” Reform Developmental Forum; Rahm Emanuel To Crack Opening Monologue Jokes With Music By Stevie Wonder.
--Homelessness Rears Ugly Head In Job Rich North Dakota As Millions Flock There For Work.
--Costa Rica Elects First Woman President; Arias Protégé Laura Chinchilla Wins In Landslide After Vowing To Keep Moving Forward With Free Market Policies.
--Five Dead, Many Injured, In Giant Connecticut Power Plant Explosion; House Fire In RI Kills Four Young Adults And Infant.
--Ugly News About Past Forces Yet Another Illinois Pol Out of Race; Dem Lt. Gov. Scott Cohen Ousted Under Pressure.
--Obama Says He Has Not Ruled Out NYC Terrorist Trial.
--Palin Hasn’t Ruled Out 2012 Run.

More Stuff:

Greg Cravens reminds us that in the past the business maxim for success was “Find a need and fill it”. And, that in today’s new Internet world it is “Create an obsession and feed it”.

One media wag says about the Tea Party, “Their harsh rhetoric keeps them on the fringe.” The harsh rhetoric is simply the honest truth that the myopic don’t want to understand.”

Friday, speaking on Health Care, 0-Man urged a “…methodical, open process…). Isn’t this same guy who last spring was saying ‘August or else’…I mean ‘October at any cost’…or was that, ‘It’s got to be done by the State of the Union’. The ragtag health care bill died under the wait of bad decisions made under the pressure of unnecessary deadlines.

Saturday night Sarah Palin did what she does best, Cheerleading! The crowd loved her enthusiasm and folksy approach to the big picture. By the end of the rousing speech, the audience was shouting “Run, Sarah run!” A lot of people like to criticize her folksiness as not being “Presidential”. I’ve seen “Presidential” and I’m not impressed. I’d rather have “This is me and you’re stuck with it…but I’ll listen and I’ll get things done” than a slick well-handled “Suit” any day. Of course the problem with Sarah is substance. She has supposedly been on a cram course of recent months and I still see her struggling to easily find good from the heart…and brain…answers. She appears to have been basically memorizing sound bites for each given situation or possible question. She is dynamic in her support for the America I have always liked best, so I’ll keep an eye on her.

The Novel:

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 23 continues. –“This is obviously a meeting I don’t think I’m looking forward to”, opened Isabelle in a light manner. The State Police Detectives didn’t smile, but I did. I didn’t know how much Phillips knew, but I didn’t want to scare her away. “My body guards here are Lieutenant Detective Roger Cook and Detective Henry Balsinger.” She smiled back. ” We don’t have all of the answers, but through a series of coincidences we have tied together some apparently harmless vandalizing in Fosterville to a major concern that could be happening here in your company. A supplier of your company, Paul Durham of GenInst had felt some strange, unrealistic pressure from your man Bromsky. After Bromsky’s mysterious interest in his business, he noticed significant discrepancies in the research of your two leading scientists, Bromsky and Kent Middleton. As you might know, Middleton is on a town committee and I know him. I presented our evidence to him this morning after I called you. Basically, we think that Seymore Bromsky could be experimenting on humans. Specifically, based on further interviews with the Niece of Bromsky, we feel certain that the humans are some missing teenagers. Isabelle was stony. Which is exactly what I expected.

More Stuff:

I don’t think the seas are rising…I think all of this GW BS is weighing down the earth and it is sinking.

If Obama thinks he’s “I’m not an ideologue” like he told Republican congress people in that recent folksy get-together, he should take a closer look at his list of radicalized Czars. It’s kind of scary. Not to mention the fact that the whole concept appears to be an attempt at circumventing the “Checks and Balances” system that has been so important to America since the country’s inception.

You know what bothers me…the way people love crapping on drug companies. The way I figure it, without them, there’s a pretty good chance that I and people I love would probably not be around. I know what you are thinking…Great! No more Tids. But what about the good people?

Ah, sports in America. But then, USC has to recruit adlolescents now because they’ll probably be on probation for the next several years after new Lane “Darkside” Kipfin gets finished with the program. The next time somebody wants to report creepy old guys hanging around school yards, they had better be sure they aren’t USC scouts.

Are we getting into second phase of the “unopened-financial-statements-sanity-preservation” strategy? Buy bonds. If you can find some that are affordable.

When I envision a picture of an angry young man, I see Timothy Geithner.

And in RI, “Numbnuts”, Congressman Patrick Kennedy, says that “The election of Scott Brown was a joke”. The latest proof that he doesn’t get it, and never has. Looking for a Joke Patrick…

If harsh rhetoric makes you “Fringe”, than all of those Bush bashers must be fringe too.

How come when 0-Man wants to reach the “people” people, he tries to get folksy like Sarah Palin?

The Answer:

I expect that you all guessed Rossini’s William Tell Overture. But, also very prevalent throughout the series are Mendelssohn’ s Hebrides (Fingals Cave) Overture and Franz Liszt Les Preludes. Occasionally they would mix in a little incidental Bizet. So, that will giove you something to hum about today.

The End:

Like all businesses, the US economy needs customers. Plain and simple. We have to export more so the producers can hire more services here at home. Hey…wait a minute we don’t have any more producers.

No comments:

Post a Comment