Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

And…voters know what?

Today's Tids Issue 2,215)
Opening Stuff:

As the voting season heats up, I’m reminded of a John Wayne quote: “Life is tough. It is especially tough when you’re stupid.”

Let’s have a big hand for the valiant comeback try by the Americans in the Ryder Cup. And polite applause for the gutsy work of Graham McDowell who was admittedly nervous beyond comprehension.

While searching for the meaning of life, I came across an equally perplexing conundrum. What would happen if Pat Sajek’s final spin landed on “bankrupt”?

If you have been reading the Tids for a while you probably have noticed that litterers are among the lowest form of human being in my mind. Irresponsible, uncaring, uncivilized are adjectives that quickly come to mind. So, how surprised was I to learn that litterers held their own convention in Washington DC this past weekend. Now I don’t like to draw any conclusions, but the rally of unions and just about every liberal organization in Washington at the behest of the always angry and often illogical CNN commentator Ed Schultz left an awful lot of crap behind in the Nations mall! And this was a crowd that came to support the current travesty in Washington, appeared to be less than a quarter of the recent Tea Party “Restoring America” event – when a huge group came, listened, went home…and left no trash…at all. (See reports of amazed journalists who searched high and low for just one piece of paper.) Do we really want a country run by litterers?

The Question:
Q1; There was a lot of press yesterday and this morning about the new Supreme Court and it’s three women. But another milestone occurred with the opening of the session. What was it? Q2: Name the five most eligible females according to a CBS 60Mins/Vanity fair Poll.

The Headlines:
--Wall Street Opens Higher After Positive Stimulus Moves By Japan Bank.
--French Trader Jerome Kerviel Of Societe’ Genrale Convicted Of Fraud; Must Repay $6.8 Billion After Jail Time; SG Spokes Person Gratified That Well Regarded Bank Will Get It’s Positive Image Back.
--Russian Scientists Win Physics Nobel For Technology That Will Speed Up Computing And Enhance Touch Screens.
--Raids Kill Five German Islamists Training In Pakistan.
--France Rounds Up 12 Islamic Extremists In Southern Part of Country.
--Moody’s Warns Of Ireland Debt Downgrade; Irish Officials Retreat To McCarthy’s Pub For Additional Stimulus..

Back to More Stuff:
Did you see where two of the top ten pop music songs are by the Cast of Glee?

Those who were patient were rewarded. Rubicon is coming together, and cool and lethargic appearing Will Travers is in deep, deep danger, and still doesn’t know who all of his enemies are. Only two more episodes left and I’m hooked.

And I have to say that “The Event” has a unique ability to suck you in too. Even when key pasts of the plot are way out there and apparently not part of our world.

How come at the end of commercials for medicines that treat all sorts of female annoyances, the woman in the message always winds up with a new hair-do? Powerful medicine indeed!

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 96 continues. –I pressed my body, my being, against his back. I felt his moistness, his warm seeping blood oozing through my blouse; on my chest. His life draining out upon me. I held him tightly as his weight started pulling me down. I strained to maintain comfort for him. I lowered my self to one knee still holding him hard and near.
“Call somebody…9111…I shouted!” but every body I now saw gaping were just too stunned. Paralyzed. “Wake up!” I shouted again. “This man needs help”. My lovely Kent is dying. Help me I said to myself.
He turned towards me. His eyes caressed my heart. My eyes started to drain. My chest heave. I lowered my mouth to his lips. And kissed him ever so tenderly, so gently. Drawing out all of the good I have known in him. Filling my body with a love I could never deny. That I know now will never leave.
He moved his head aside so his lips were at my ear.
“My beautiful Sarah/Maggie.” He whispered ardently, not as a man dying but as a man who has loved his love of me. “This is as it should be. I asked for more than you could give…”
“No, No Kent, you didn’t. I looked for every moment with you.” I whispered back. Almost violently. Don’t you understand? Don’t you understand? I thought. If he was to die, I wanted him have all of my love in his heart.
“I would never want to take you away from your family. That’s how much I loved you.” I could say nothing through the increasing beat of my sobs. “That I die, means you will always have my love as part of your life. You taught me how to have emotional meaning in my life that was always too pragmatic. Too logical. I have never had so much life in my being than I have had during these few months. And I am so content at this moment because you live. And, because all of my love that is in you will never falter after I’m gone. You will keep me alive as you love others.”
He started breathing rapidly.

Rahm Emanuel is behaving a lot like an Illegal Alien. He running for Mayor of Chicago Illegally, in that he has not satisfied residency requirement clearly defined in Chicago law. But like the border crossers, he is assuming the same “not for me” attitude as our southern border criminals. That legal exception that some say laws aren’t meant for the downtrodden. Wait a minute Emanuel isn’t downtrodden (He made $16.2 Million in his 2 year post Clinton banking stint.). I guess it’s the legal loophole that says, “not for the downtrodden and the privileged”.

I love the title of political satirist PJ O’Rourke’s new book: “Don’t Vote. It Just Encourages the Bastards.”

And whatever happened to PJ anyhow.

Let’s see…Paris Hilton (who should be sitting I jail like many would be without her financial resources) is about to start her new reality TV show. And this morning we hear that the lowly Eliot Spitzer is getting his own new TV show. This will certainly raise the intellectual standard for voters. Break the Law. Get famous. Make money. Nobody cares.

At the current rate, I expect that pretty soon there will be more physical therapists per person than Lawyers.

I see where bedbugs are starting to invade government offices in Washington. Maybe all of the workers there will quit.

How ironic is it that Public Employees Union superior health care packages will keep them living longer to collect superior pensions fund payments.

The Answer:
Q1: I thought it quite interesting that the supreme Court of a country founded by Protestants and ushered through its formative moments by Protestants was now comprised of 6 Catholics and 3 Jews. And no Protestants at all. And just think, as little as 50 years ago, many thought the JFK could never be elected. Do you think this is reflective of the decline of the famed “Protestant Work Ethic” in America? Q2: New SC Justice Elena Kagan (4%) is sixth on the most eligible women list. The list is topped by Jennifer Anniston (29%) and is followed by Haile Berry (21%), Elin Nordegrin (15%) Betty White (11%) and Lady Gaga (5%). Gentlemen…Start your engines.

The End:
How many times have I heard some one say that the future of American is dimmed because the majority of voters don’t know what they are voting for? That something that makes infinite sense doesn’t count because to many people won’t take the time or make the effort to understand what is really happening. “Just gimme what I want and leave me alone and I’ll be happily sitting around waiting for your next promise”.

The New England Patriots looked very exciting last n ight.

No comments:

Post a Comment