Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, October 4, 2010

The Veggie Gravy Train.

Today's Tids Issue 2,214
Opening Stuff:

If the video hits YouTube, there’s a good chance I’ll be kicked off of the Michelle Obama Healthy Eating Lecture Circuit. Friday I was seen eating potato chips smothered in rich, creamy pork gravy!** O...M...G!

In case you missed it, the “Brainiest” cities (Those with the greatest % of college degrees) are DC, San Fran, San Jose, Tie Boston and Raleigh, Austin, Minneapolis, Denver, Seattle and NYC. The city with the lowest percentage of degrees is Riverside Cal followed by Las Vegas, Memphis, Tampa, San Antonio, Louisville, New Orleans, Detroit, Orlando and Cleveland. Hmmm. Washington DC is the brainiest? I’ll take Cleveland any day.

I don’t think my mind is up to the daily task of managing a lot of “apps”.

The Question:
Name the colleges of the members of USA Women’s Basketball Team that is crushing all comers in the current World Championships.

The Headlines:
--Asian Stocks Hit Two Year High; US Futures Pointing Lower.
--Pakistan Attacks Two NATO Convoys.
--Japan Joins In Issuing Travel Warning For Citizens In Europe.
--New Study Shows That People Who Appear Moderately Obese Can Still be Quite Healthy.
--Supreme Court Begins Fall Session this Morning; Freedom Of Speech Advocates Looking Close Ly At Gay Protest Signs At Funerals And Banning Of Violent Video Games For Children.
--US Mutual Funds Re-Enter Black

Back t More Stuff:
I see where Bin Laden’s latest series of messages is a change from his usual rants against the US. Instead he is trying to broaden the appeal of al-Qaida by targeting groups he apparently thinks are likely to be moved by his message. One of the first groups in his list is Global Warmers. I wonder what Al Gore thinks about this.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 96 continues. All I could see was the opening at the end of the gun barrel, and it kept looming larger…and blacker. And I could see clearly it was aimed directly between my two eyes. I now heard Symington’s rants only as noise in the background of scene that may be my last. Fear blocked out my ability to hear distinctive words. I didn’t think any part of my body was moving. My eyes were transfixed, yet I sensed a blur to my right.
  If as under a magnifying glass, I could see almost too clearly his finger squeezing the trigger. Unemotionally, sentencing me to death. Taking the time to enjoy my last seconds. Then every thing speeded up. A black shadow emerged from my right just as I heard an explosion from the mouth of my executioner. I instinctively tried to move my body to my left, while awaiting the impact of the bullet into my skull, and then deeply into my brain as my world would fade to black.
  But, it wasn’t pain I felt or black I saw. It was a scream, an awful scream that I heard. And then the noise of bodies crashing into the door. I saw Kent’s back as his body engulfed Symington’s. I rose slowly and started to run towards that back which I could now see was a mass of blood.
  “Kent!”. I saw Symington’s eyes peering over Kent’s shoulder. Now, trying to kill me with hate. Kent’s arms were wrapped viselike around Symington’s, pinning his gun holding hand to his side. Symington was desperately trying to rid himself of Kent’s lifesaving grasp. He was trying to raise his hand with the gun. I had to get to Kent. Right now, I only wanted to get to Kent. I was moving forward quickly now. I lunged
  Another shot rang out. I saw the head of Symington reel backwards. Looking down towards the sound of the gunshot I saw Dan lying on his side with a gun in his hand. His eyes wide, yet a small smile creeping across a pained face.
  I heard Symington’s gun hit the floor just before I saw Symington’s body fall to the ground. Kent’s body was starting to fall, just as I reached his back. I wrapped my arms around him.

I think this whole obesity thing is a scam. Especially when you consider that the government probably wrote the definition of what’s obese.

I was reading yet another in a long line of tedious political cartoons depicting Sarah Palin as the dumbest single person on the planet. Which just proves once again that intelligencia are so wrapped up in their own smugness that they miss the world around them. Maybe Palin isn’t going to write a Pulitzer Prize play or discover a cure for cancer. But she responds to the needs of people. She gets it and explains it. Hey… all you have to do is look at which city is at the top of the Brainiest list, to know that degrees don’t translate into common sense…or good decision making. .

The only people with advanced degrees who, in my simple mind, count are doctors. The rest of them just avoided working a little longer. I never evaluate a anyone by the number of letters after their name or lack there of. But, simply by what they say, how they think and what they do.

I don’t work very hard. I don’t exercise in a programmed manner. Yet, I feel tired more than ever. But then I realize I spend much too much time these days being nice in groups of people a barely know. I think friendliness is wearing me out. I’m going to become a grouch.

I’m wondering if this current rash of Vampire movies and our increasingly bloodsucking Government is just a coincidence.

Speaking of rashes, so far George Bush has not been blamed for the FDR era syphilis testing on Guatemalan women.

If “permanent” means eternal or everlasting or forever…how do beauty parlors stay in business?

Obama continually tries to create hostility between the masses and the super rich, yet the masses continue to bow down at the altar of dimwitted super rich reality stars like Paris Hilton. Yes, she is back again for another reality show, this time about her life and the Hiltons.

Did you know that the word “Copper” comes from the Roman Cuprum which means…”Metal from Cyprus” – the place where it was first discovered. Kind of a let down, huh? Like learning the actual words beneath the magnificent music of operas.

Quiz Answer: 6 of the 12 are from Mighty University of Connecticut: Sue Bird, Swin Cash, Tina Charles, Asjha Jones, Maya Moore and the amazing Diana Taurasi. The others are Jayne Appel- Stanford, Tamika Catchings – Tenn, Candice Dupree – Temple, Sylvia Fowles – Lousianna State, Angel McCoughtry – Louisville and the marvelous guard…Lindsay Whalen form Minnesota.

**Here's an easy recipe for perfect pork gravy every time. In a bit of butter, sear boneless pork chops in a large skillet until noce and brown on both sides. Scrape up all of the brown stuff in the bottom, thrwo in a small handful of chopped sweet unions and a tinge of chopped garlic. And a can of Campbell's Cream of Chicken soup. Simmer covered for a.bout 45 mins or unitl meat is nice and tender. You'll cry when the last drop of gravy is gone. Actually, broccoli goes very well with it. (I have written this recipe from a remote computer which is untraceable.)

No comments:

Post a Comment