Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Why do I have to know how to read; I’m making up my own language anyhow.

Today's Tids Issue 2,216
Opening Stuff:

I think I have found the problem that may be inhibiting a faster economic recovery. 2,000,000,000 people per day watch videos on YouTube! They don’t have time to shop. And probably exercise too. Maybe it is also the cause behind the alleged perception of increased obesity. Bring back Pepsi and Coke. And bread pudding with caramel sauce. Two b-b-b-billion people per day!

Did Aliens Bring me to Another Planet Department:
I show up with some friends at the golf course early in the morning…generally about 15-20 minutes before they open. That way we are assured of first or second off the tee, and a nice fast round. This morning I’m standing moving my arms, clearing cobwebs out of my head, when I hear “That wasn’t a fox trot, God Dammit!” “Yeah, but I liked the way her skirt swooshed,” said another. And a third, I kinds a liked Florence Henderson, but she probably doesn’t have much of a fan base left.” they all laughed.” I said “How about those Pats on Sunday?” Silence. They all looked at me. The turned to each other “yeah, maybe you’re right, It was kind of a funny looking Foxtrot.” I think I have to catch up with the world!

The Question: Name the five top social networking sites and their membership. Bonus Q: What was the first newspaper to report the bombing of Pearl Harbor…and why could it be first.

The Headlines:
--Markets Look To rebound After Large Tuesday Loss.
--Rangers, Giants Win To Take 3-1, 2-1 Series Leads Over Eastern Foes.
--Bristol Palin Hangs On At “Dancin’”; Henderson Feels The Tip Of The Ballet Slipper.
--SC Judge Thomas’ Wife Seeks Apology from Anita Hill; Hill Says Never.
--Super Typhoon Sets Course For China.
--UK Staking Future On New Austerity Program; French Workers Riot Against Austerity.
--Earnings News Lifting Wall Street.

Back to More Stuff:
“Good morning Mr. C!”. Not so fast Fonzi. Tom Bosley. known as the Sherriff in “Murder She Wrote” and for his starring role as Mayor LaGuardia in Broadway’s musical “Fiorello”, but mainly and always as Richie Cunningham’s dad on “Happy Days”, died last night at 83.

The Fox Network was promoting their NFL game as “The Game America has been Waiting For!” Two NFL teams each with a 1-4 record. Dallas and Minnesota. Would they say the same about Cleveland San Francisco? Probably not. But hoards of people will click there because some promotion person says don’t miss this game between two losers. Nothing is anything nay more.

Hypocrisy Department:
Yesterday, the NFL fined Pittsburgh Steeler Harrison $75,000 for a vicous hit on a defenseless receiver, this morning on the NFL Store web site you could buy a framed 11 x 14 photograph on Harrison’s aggressive hit. There is no shame.

I'm thinking that any congressional candidate needing more visibility should have as his slogan “A sausage, egg and cheese n a biscuit in every pot.” That would get my attention.

The Trinity Church in Newport still has the same organ it has it since not too many years after it was built in…1726. before shipping the organ from England to Newport, it had to be tested to the satisfaction of the buyer. The man they brought I ot test it was George Frederick Handel.

63% of the students entering Rhode Island community “College” read at the 6th grade level. I think they watch too much YouTube.

The Answer: face Book has 500,000,000 members, squishing the first big social site MySpace (66 Mil). The rest are Twitter (150M), Linkedin (75M), Digg (28) and FourSquare (3M and growing)

The End:
Good fiction demands large portions of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment