Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, October 11, 2010

John Matson for Congress.

Today's Tids Issue 2,209)
Opening Stuff:

There’s no Truth to the rumor that as the NY State nanny government passes more and more laws banning foods, drinks and activities, gangland leaders are knocking off each other to gain control of black markets for sweet soda and transfats. If successful with these products, Gang and organized crime leaders are expected to use the profits to open a chain of smoking huts on beaches…disguised as Ticketron booths for the Eliot Spitzer show.

Which leads me to my main topic of the day…turning our government back over to citizen leaders instead of career politicians. Neighbors who enter the fray without the big money backing; People who see the need to change a declining system; Who have the guts to sweat out raising money from real people; Who want to restore a sensible, limited government. Independent thinkers without cluttered minds being pulled astray from the people by special interests. I’m talking about a guy like John Matson, a hard working carpenter from the rural South County in RI. A good man who is just tired like many of his neighbors of watching Party Puppets elected to Congress year after year. Lifetime politicians joining in with other members of an out of control congress who just don’t get it any more. Whom somehow think that Government built this outstanding country of ours. A congress that has seemed to stop listening to those who really built the country. The people. Matson, and I know many other new candidates like him around the country, have the brains and the courage to question, and then stop, the accepted antics of these apologists for agendized parasites.

My body seems to loose its edge when the Patriots are in Bye Week.

The Question:
Since a lot of people enjoy celebrating the Discovery of America and have some leisurely time, here’s an anagram Q to test your minds. Rearrange the letters in the following phrases or words to make new phrases. 1. “Dormitory”. 2. “The Eyes”. 3. “George Bush”. 4. “Election results”. 5. “Eleven plus two”

The Headlines:
--World Applauds As Chile Rescue Breaks Through To Trapped Minors; Steel Reinforcing Tube Installed. First Minor Expected To See Daylight Tomorrow.
--No Cost Of Living Increase For Social Security Recipients For Second Consecutive Year.
--Chinese Arrest Wife Of Jailed Dissident Who Won Nobel Peace Prize.
--Microsoft Expected To Enter Phone Biz With Partner AT&T; New Competitor To Google And Apple Will Use Windows.
--Stocks Rise As benanke Utters “S” Word.
--Chinese Buy 1/3 Control Of 600,000 Acre Huge Chesapeake South Texas Oil Field.
--Peter Diamond, Dale Mortensen and Christopher Pissarides Win Nobel Economics Prize For Theories On Unemployment/Available Jobs Dichotomy; Some Note They May Have developed Prize Winning Theory While Reading The Tids.

Back to More Stuff:
Over the weekend I was in a group of people who were talking about how well the “Recovery Act” was repairing local roads. I guess I’m not that smart, because I always thought that one major reason for our state and local taxes was the maintenance of roads, streets and country lanes. I guess I have been living under a misconception. Silly me. I must be from another planet.

If Whitman and Firorino win in California, you can bet that somebody will ask the 9th Circuit Court of Appeals to place an injunction on the results. And the court will do it.

Our Nobel Peace Prize dissident is living in the White House.

Tonight’s NFL pre-game will be dominated by sex, Moss and video phone photos. But in reality, it should be an exciting games by two good teams. The Je-Je-Je (WYKWIM) are unfortunately a formidable team, but the Vikings have more urgency. That said, I’m looking forward to the fans signs.

You know the country Is in trouble when you realize that RI Senator Whitehouse is on the “Intelligence“ committee.

When an athlete says, “I got to get me some of that Bling”, he is by definition saying “I got to become showy and tasteless.”

Through the Same Eyes: Epilogue. –The days following the slaughter at HR&L were hectic and confusing…and heart wrenching for me. My heart went out the door with the stretcher carrying Kent’s body. I don’t remember how long I sat on the floor with blood pooled around my thighs; clutching the cooling body that will always be warm to me. I only remember arms lifting me as other arms took Kent and laid him flat on the floor. I felt arms encircling me from behind and realized it was Paul. Paul tying to give me strength as I stared transfixed into Kent’s now lifeless eyes. But filled with the life of memories past. An EMT walked over and placed a sheet over Jack Wiley and then Kent. I slowly expanded my arms to gently break the grasp of Paul. I took a step, bent to a knee and pulled back the sheet to take one last look at that face. I then pulled the sheet back up knowing that Kent’s image will never leave my mind, and will always affect my body. I stood, turned and looked at Paul, who showed me loving concern. I reached my arms behind him and laid my head on his chest. I felt my friend Henry’s hand warmly touch my back and give it an anxious rub. Now for the first time I wondered what Paul was thinking. Knew.
Hours later I was still there talking to police. Dan, was not hurt badly and joined me filling in the blanks as law enforcement people tried to put together the events. Dan said that Kent was the hero of the day and probably saved the lives of many in addition to mine.
The people in the office were all sent home for the rest of the day. It was obvious I realized even as sat there rattled trying to remember details of a tragedy, that was going to be up to me to put everything back together. I was going to have to be Maggie the Magnificent again. But then as I thought about Jack using me as well as Isabelle and maybe even Kent, I wasn’t so sure I could ever be again what I thought I was.
Finally, I was able to leave, worn but still living on memories of my deceased lover. Paul was sitting by the elevator. He looked tired. His eyes rose up. He smiled. A loving smile. “Ready to go home to Fosterville?”

There is no truth to the rumor that Will Travers, shocked by the in ability to stop the Houston Harbor terrorist attack, will spend the next year in the series looking for Jack Bauer.

It would be nice if on my computer there was also a little thermometer reading down near the time. To warn me that I’ve been sitting in the cold too long.

I get it, our taxes pay for brainy people who set up the circumstances that cause recessions so that our tax federal money can be returned to local governments to fix roads. I knew there was a plan in there somewhere.

The Tids goes to great lengths to bring opinions and facts about just about everything that is going on in the world. But, I’m sorry to say that I just don’t have the stomach to tune into the Eliot Spitzer show. You’ll have to figure it out yourself. Sorry.

The Answer:
I think these are pretty clever and kind of amazing: 1. “Dirty Room”. 2. “They See”. 3. “He Bugs Gore”. 4. “Lies – Let’s Recount. 5. And Truly amazing…”Twelve plus One”. And, you have to wonder if the original Presbyterians knew the anagram of the name was “Best In Prayer”!

The End:
Remember, there is a John Matson in your Congressional district too. Don’t let a good candidate, who will work for you, get lost in the morass of party bosses and biased media politics as usual.

Hey, I’m a little late. So what. It’s a holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment