Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, June 29, 2013

Unfettered.


Today's Tids Issue 2,861
I think the greatest thrill in life is to be there when somebody needs you, and to walk away quietly knowing that you did something good.

In the main, most people in the USA, regardless of party or ideology, want pretty much the same thing, health and food and general all around happiness for themselves, friends and families. Too many in Leadership today, unfortunately, continue to drive a huge wedge between people, declaring that if you like what I say, it's impossible to like what the other side is saying. Forcing groups into boxes, and misleading them so they will stay contented, but unaware. Creating false truths out of lies. If I were to write this column continually putting, say left leaning people in a defensive mode, they would never take the time to understand areas where there may be total agreement. And of Course, vice versa. The ability to understand becomes even more critical in a rapidly changing society, where blocs of minorities can easily take down disconnected majorities. There is nothing I'd like better, than to see America be what I thought it was when this humble life of mine was taking shape -- unlocked doors, clothes on clothes lines, people who picked up litter and deep warm pride for leaders who led with courage and an appearance of honesty, instead of by intimidation in the hearts of honest people. But, I fear we may never be what we were. That groups will be isolated and we will become more divided. Weakened. Prey. Bummer.

Never, never celebrate before you have won.

The Question:
What were the breakout movies for actresses  Kathleen Turner, Geena Davis, Michelle Pfeiffer, Helen Hunt, Sharon Stone and Deni Moore.

The Headlines:
--Karsai Suspends Negotiations On Troop Removal After US Announces Talks With Taliban Minus Him.
--Wall Street Still waiting For Bernanke; Market Opens Down.
--Somali Islamic Rebels Attack UN Compound In Mogadishu.
--NE Patriot Aaron Hernandez Questioned About Homicide Near His Home.
--Liberal Weasel Markey Wrongfully Accuses GOP Opponent Of Lie; Former Seal, Republican Gabriel Gomez Appeals To Immigrants Who Have Worked Hard To Overcome And Reach the American Dream.
--Investigators OF TWA 800 Plane Crash Say Original Story About cause Was a Lie, Coverup.
--Daniel Bradbury, 16 Yo Country Music Singer With Powerful Voice Wins "The Voice".

The Voice was much too long last night. Too much chit-chat, too much rehashing, and yes several performances unnecessary, including that awful song from Cher; Who, though, it seems can still hold a tune even as surgeons have been drawing back skin over the years. I was expecting Michelle to win, but I fully understand Danielle, a young girl with perfect country voice, deep and unequivocal, able to rise to meet all musical challenges. I'm going to miss this entertainment program.

Hey, wait a minute, I have to go back and revise what I said earlier...people did litter in the good ole' days...and I made a lot of money as young lad picking up bottles and returning them for money. That doesn't mean though, that littering is still not an indication of a society not yet fully civilized.

The NY Times seems to devote a lot of ink on investigative commentary about nothing, often trying to create negativity about things that were pretty good.

Alan Fung, Mayor of Cranston RI is a great candidate for Governor in 2014. A man born of a mother shortly after her legal immigration, He is of a family who eschewed the free stuff, and he learned from hard work that opportunity and achievement is readily available for all. He went on to create his own stuff. And he learned through hard work and a rational understanding of other people's needs. He leads by allowing all to be part of the process. He leads by opening the door wide to solutions.

On the way to the answer ot the question I learned that The 13 Most beautiful Actresses around Fifty Years Old are in order. Michelle Pfeifeer, Sharon Stone, Demi Moore, Kelly Preston. Madonna, Joan Severance, Seka Ward, Morgan Fairchild, Jennifer Tilly, Vanessa Williams, Heather Lockyear, Helen Hunt and Cybill Shepherd. I would not put Madonna on any list that rates beautiful women.

The Conscience: Chaper 23 continues.
    Sanna was sitting there in the corner of this comfortable little place by the fishing ports. I figured I'd be ordering some kind of fish, but no eels. I looked around and by from the people I saw talking  and enjoying the solitude of this special get-away, it appeared that all of this didn't come cheap. I automatically tapped my wallet pocket as I often do when knowing it will soon be lightened. Sanna moved half way up to standing as I approached. I waved her down and came around and pecked one of those Italian greeting kisses on her check. Surprisingly, she reached up to my hand and squeezed in pleasantly. I paused as I pulled away, and saw a look in her eyes I had never seen before. I actually tripped a little as I went to my chair, and I was sure I was blushing as I sat.
    "So, Mr. Morgan, do you like my little place?"
    "Love it, and you can call me Jeff."
    "I like the way Mr. Morgan sounds. But, it is a bit formal for two dear friends. But never take it as an offense if I continue." She smiled,
    "There was something in that smile that was beyond where we were now. "What is in the big Biglietto building that I always pass on the way to your big office in the sky?" She reacted negatively to that question.
    "Just stuff," She answered almost too quickly.
    "Like just stuff for your boats?"
    "Yes, regular old stuff."
    "You must have lived other places before here," I said quickly changing the subject that was going nowhere.
    "Why do you say that?"
    "Little phrases that you use that are not Italian or even European. Much too relaxed and idiomatic for a native Genoan."
    "You are very observant Mr...Jeff. Yes, I have traveled much, even to your country where I spent a lot of time. Maybe that's where I picked up my bad habits." A waiter appeared with a small Bottle of wine in a chilled bucket and a scotch for me. 
    "You must know my degeneration cycles." I lifted my glass to her and we both laughed. The booze felt perfect coursing through my veins to my extremities. I would be looking into that building again tonight.

The Answer:
Michelle Pfiefer became noticed In Witches of Eastwick, Dangerous Liaisons and matured in Taquila Sunrise, Russia House and Married to the Mob. Nobody will forget Kathleen Turner in Body Heat or Sharon Stone in Basic Instinct. Helen Hunt was a proven TV personality but hit it big with an Oscar  in As Good as it Gets. Demi Moore probably first gained fame in St. Elmo's Fire, became the darling for many 11 years later in Ghost. Geena Davis born and raised on the coast East of here, jumped into the spotlight after a long apprenticeship on TV ith her Oscar winning performance in Accidental Tourist. She is remembered for Thelma and Louise and A League of Their Own. But I thought she was great in The  Long Kiss Goodnight. Aaah, the youthful days of fifty.

Don't you hate the idea of a people like the IRS getting bonuses. Public servants getting extra money to harass the people that allow their jobs to exist and, by the way, also the government itself. The concept of the United States of America is beginning not to compute.


No comments:

Post a Comment