Today's Tids Issue 2,893
Opening Stuff:

From the coastal shores to home on the range,
The US is becoming exceedingly strange,
Causing my mind to become slightly deranged.
After all, didn't he say, all would be changed?

There's been a lot of talk around the airways and on various soap boxes about negative influences on the black community. But there's other large groups of Americans under the hypnotic spell of Housewives of New Jersey who may never recover! We're all doomed.

The Question:
Name the top Small US Art Museums. Bonus: From the depths of oblivion, name the man who scored the first basket ever in the NBA (The the BAA)

The Headlines:
--US Economy Looks More Positive After GDP Q2 Growth To 1.7 is reported; Hiring Up.
--Markets Continue To Ride The Top; It May be Tine To Watch For Correction.
--Chairman Congressman Issa Says IRS Chiefs Stonewalling Probe In Unconstitutional misuse Of Government Powers.
--Two Lowlifes Steal Luggage From Stricken Asiana Crash Victims.
--Banning Acquitted On Most Serious Charges; Could Get up To 156 Years From Other Guilty Verdicts; Many Regard Him As Hero For Getting Out Truth..
--Florida's "Stand Your Ground" Law Will Probably Weather The Storm.
--Duh Headlines: Woman Who Defaced DC Monuments May Have Mental Problems.
--Results Of Zimbabwe Voting May Depend On Size Of Cemetery Populations.

AGT:
I found very little to enjoy in the first five or six acts, even though the judges went rapturous a couple of times. For instance, "Innovative Force, a large group of young girl dancer/acrobats was ok , but I'd never pay to see them. In  fact I have seen facsimiles of them at local Cheerleading Contests. I thought cute little Ciana Pilekai's song incredibly dull, but she is pretty talented and probably like many of the tots these days who eventually make millions singing junk songs. I found it hard to watch sword swallowing Alexandra Magala, but you have to give him credit for something. Struck Boyz were just another mediocre bunch of kids jumping around the stage to bad music. Brad Byers laying on a bed of nails was forgettable at best. Kid the Wiz might be ok if he could complete his act without a foible. Forte for me was the best act of the night, and they could be in the final groups. I like Angela Hoover, and I'd really like her if she ever said something funny, which, from what I understand, is part of being a standup comic. I was rooting for Marty Brown who has been quite good..til he bombed last night. Stop with the husband/wife thing already. Just sing. The Aquanauts are very good, and could be a Las Vegas Show. But, how many times can you watch them? And then there is Tone Tha Chiefrocca who has written one song and that's all he has sung on the show so far. He is good, and if there's enough rappers voting he'll go through. Dave Shirley does nothing for me. Last week we got the top five correct, but the only one I'm sure of is Forte. I'll throw in Tone, Ciana, Alexandra Margala and maybe Angela Hoover because she is nice. The Innovative Force could also make it. And if there are enough country folk still awake, Marty may squeak in.

Vegetarians paint a singularly negative stereotype of meat. In the new world of "Hey, lets all get along" we should start to break down food myths, and many otehr cultural, social fables along with em'. In a new Calorie test it was shown that the Jimmy John restaurant's "Ultimate Porker" had 22.6 % fewer calories than their "Gourmet Veggie Club Sandwich. At Longhorn Steak House, the Flat Iron Steak had 17% less fat adding stuff than the Grilled Chicken with Portabello Mushroom. Even at Dunken Donuts, the Chocolate Iced Donut had 32% (!) fewer midriff pillow contributors than the Multigrain Bagel! Yikes. Just remember, that it's all about genes and moderation. Why nut and berry muncher Euell Gibbons died at 64 from genetic based aneurism.

As part of a 1981 drive to capitalize on the creativity, manufacturing ingenuity and financial power of Rhode Island and its great people, Governor Garrahy at the time coined the slogan "The Biggest Little State in the Union". Today as it flounders the new slogan could be, "The Biggest Little State is a Union". But then, I guess you could say that about Michigan and many other places on the ropes.

I write much too much about AI and AGT et. al., but, frankly it's fun to pick on performers behind their backs...kind of a power mad thing.

Yesterday we talked about certain groups of ekitist people here in the US who regard patriotism as silliness for masses. But, I wonder how they would look at the students of Afghan University paid for by US dollars who for pleasure regularly stomp upon the US Flag, which represents a country they hate. Actualy the acdemics would probably applaud them.

"What goes around comes around", Department:
How about all of those digital camera companies like Fugi, Canon and Olympus who put our own lovable Kodac Companyinto a depressed state, and now find themselves the victim of a new convenience if the form of "The Phone". Yes, point and shoot Camera sales are down about a third

The Conscience: Chapter 26 continues.
    I was significantly hating myself after I hung up from Evvy. The only thing I have going right in my life, and I probably screwed that up too. Mybe not at this moment, but, I'll get there. Well, I'll just keep moving forward and maybe I'll get somewhere. That would be something.
   I didn't see Jason's assistant as plodded across his ankle deep carpet, so I just turned the door knob of the massive double roor and peeked in. Jason and Wu's heads snapped towards me, and then relaxed. Jason stood and ushered me to the seat next to his faithful servant. I now seem to be calling him Kato. I smiled at my own bad humor and probably looked comfortable to the other two as I sat.
     "Welcome back," said Jason pleasantly, and Wu nodded like he always does. Sounds like you had quite the adventure. We think you'll be interested in what we have learned about those photos you sent, Or," Jason paused, "What we think we learned. But, you fill us in first on the players. Who do you like?. Who do you trust? Who mystifies you? Whatever you tell us may have some baring on what we learned and even," Jason looked at Wu, "on the God damned explosion."
    "So, how are you recovering from that mess? Anybody hurt?"
    "You can see from all of the activity," He waved his arms to the window. "we are balls out on the recovery and thank God nobody was hurt." Knowing Jason from the past, I half expected him to say, "Except for some lazy black boy who took a nap in the wrong place." Old southern boys never lose what they were. But, who am I to criticize."
     "Good. I like Angelica and she can be our ally in this mess." I went on to describe the mysterious warehouse where I took the pics, and how Sanna and her henchman Bruno seemed to want it kept hidden. I explained the meeting between Bruno and the Grandfather Antonio after the news about the Bernard explosion was in thepaper. I told them That Earnesto was another mystery, and the relationship between he and his wife even more so. I didn't tell them of my weak moment. "Frankly, gentleman, I came away from my ventrue there at Biglietto with alarm bells ringing through out my built-in detection system.
   The two were silent for a moment, Perhaps they were thinking what they should tell me. How much. What I needed to know.
    "I think your vibes are working well." Jason leaned back into his cushy chair, and Wu sat forward, anticipating.

The Answer:
The US is loaded with great little art museums. Condsidered some of the best are:  Andy Warhol Museum, Pittsburgh; The Pulitzer Foundation, Saint Louis; Museum of Art at the Rhode Island School of Design, Providence; Live Oak Friends Meeting House, Houston; McNay Art Museum, San Antonio; Hill Stead Museum, Farmington CT; Shelburne Museum, Vermont; Wolfsonian, Miami; Peabody Museum, Cambridge Ma; Arthur M. Sackler, Cambridge Ma; Yale Center for British Art, New Haven; Yale U Art Gallery. Bonus: On Novmeber i, 1946, Ozzie Schectman of the NY Knicks sank the first basket evr in the league now know as the NBA! Go Ozzie.

Never forget the little guys who made America great. When we are at our best, we are not a Government. We are millions of people contributing.