Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, June 29, 2015

People are always fooling themselves.



Today's Tids Issue 3,369
Opening Stuff:

There are times when Edward Elgar’s soft symphonic melodies are just what a body needs for unobtrusive comfort. We all know how his Enigma Variation #8 electrifies the heart, but perhaps not all are aware how his 2nd symphony can be like soft fingers, manipulating the stress out of a tense back, shoulders and furrowed brow.  

We’ve become a nation of hysterical overreaction. The latest is this rush to remove from public parks statues of genuine civil war heroes who fought bravely; brave men and women who also happen to represent the myriad fallen, fathers and mother of spouses and children left behind to morn; thousands of good people with good hearts, estimated to be about 150 thousand in the South and 4-500 thousand in the north. I seem to remember a guy named Joseph Stalin being pretty adept at taking down statues. Has America lost its collective mind?

It can be quite confusing in the world out there, but only if you fail to adhere to your own principles.

I was thinking of giving up snacking on Cheeto’s in favor of Bok Choy. That is, until I realized that Bok Choy tastes pretty much like water, even when  doused in rich creamy, spicy sauces.

The Question:
Triple “Q” Day: 1. What do you think are the Ten Greatest all time children’s stories? 2. Why is “Graduate to Edward Elgar’s music” pun-like? 3. Quick now – Name the capitols of Iceland, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania.

The Headlines:
--Greece Orders Banks Closed As Panic Run Wipes Out Cash.
--Latest NASA Load Delivery Rocket Blows Up; This is Third Disater In 8 Months.
--6th North Carolina Shark Attack Has Swimmers On High Alert.
--Taliban Ambush Kills 11 Afghan Officials, Soldiers.
--Even al-Qaida Disgusted At ISIS Perverse Atrocities.
--Gay Couples Kiss, Hug Rejoice in Parks Across Nation.
--Cruz Introduces Bill That Would Strip Courts Of Jurisdiction Over Marriage; Constitution Provides For Congressional Ability To Strip Jurisdictions.

A lot of people tell me they don’t start buying lottery tickets until then pot gets to $300 Mill. The day $50 mil becomes insignificant, is they day want be up on a cloud with a harp.

Life can be difficult. At a time when veggies enthusiass are pulling out all stops to make Vegetables actually taste good, French fry aficionados are creating uniquely tastier fried taters.

As I said about a week ago, I view the decision on same sex marriage as really one that should have focused States Rights. I believe strongly that for American democracy to continue as it had fr hundreds of years, the future would also require strong state collectives to balance the ugly creepof a central federal government that is growing out of control. I’m not arguing here that the decision may be right or wrong. I’m concerned that there was no apparent consideration for the impact this decision may have on states rights in the future.

Five great non-food prep uses for a microwave oven are Disinfecting and deodorizing sponges, disinfecting plastic cutting boards, decrystallizing honey, heating up health aids, warming beauty aids (i.e. Hot-oil hair conditioning pack), getting more juice form fruits and of course meal tricks like precooking meats before grilling, proofing yeast dough and toasting nuts and coconut.

I think the description, “ISIS is metastasizing” accurately portrays the dangerous, innate ugliness of the organization, and the scariness of its growth..

You know something’s amiss in kids organized out of school sports when you see during the school year, when kids need all the time possible to study and work at learning, more baseball or soft ball games than most free time schedules can achieve easily. Yet, in summer when sports actually fill the dead time out of school, they eliminate leagues from mid June into August. You have figure this league is designed for the parents and coaches and not the kids.

A Rhode Island professor observed over the weekend that if the Government census had never began counting and sorting people by ethnicity and race, we would probably have a lot less conflict in the country. If they had just counted the masses as just being people who are alike Americans, the only people injured would be politicians and people who make money over division.

I hear people saying they only buy lottery tickets when the pot goes over $300 Million., I’m thinking, the day when $50 Million becomes irrelevant, spare change, it’s time for me to be sitting upon a fluffy cloud with a golden harp.

Tyrannical dictators can rise faster than ever in history now with social media and gullible techno-slaves.

The silent majority doesn’t have a chance.

The Parking Lot. Chapter One
I’m a screenwriter, and I had this idea for a TV series where I would write a new story each week about what may have happened to the occupants of the cars left over night in a parking lot below my window. I figured that many were opportunistic hook-ups, but some probably gone far deeper, more dangerous, pleasantly emotional. And, if they weren’t, I could make something up that was far more interesting than just another one night stand. It is one of those ideas that could go on for a long time, offering the prospects  of touching the various minds of many different types of TV watchers.
That was a week ago. That was before I got stupid and became part of my first story. I still can’t move well, my back is killing me, and if I had a mirror, I’m told it is ugly as hell, black blue red, but fortunately not green. In addition to the pain and the injuries, I’ve become a man possessed.
I don’t know how long I had laid in that parking lot, but when I finally woke, the woman and her car was gone, as was the giant and his oversized pick-up. I laid there for several seconds after my eyes fluttered open and the light from the overhead street lamp slammed into the back of brain. That was the first jolt. I screamed when I tried to roll over to stand. Then I remember how hard he had whacked me. “Is anybody out there in this dammed parking lot,” I yelled. I heard voices, but no steps running to see what the commotion was about. Maybe I sounded too threatening. “Hello,” I said in a mellower tone, “I fallen and I can’t get up”. That should get them, I thought as I tried to wiggle my fingers and toes.

The Answer:
1. Two of the books on this list of 100, and 30 almost’s, I remember from my days: The Story of Barbar (Almost- made-it list—mainly because it was the only book at my grandmother’s house; # 45 “The Little Engine that good --- I’ve never stopped trying. But I digress before I begin…the Top Ten Are 1. Where the Wild Things Are 2. The Giving Tree 3. Goodnight Moon 4. Green Eggs and Ham 5. Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs 6. The Very Hungry Caterpillar 7. Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, Very Bad Day 8. Guess How Much I Love You 9. Pat the Bunny 10. Love You Forever. And I always thought Winnie the Pooh, not even on the list anywhere, was one of the all time greats. Silly me. Here’s the list: http://childrensbooksguide.com/top-100   2. Of course, Edward Elgar wrote Pomp and Circumstance traditionally played at graduations. 3. Most should know that in-destination Iceland’s capitol is Reykjavik The other three are probably more foreign to you except perhaps Riga which is the capitol of Latvia. For Estonia it’s Tallinn and for Lithuania it’s Vilnius.

I found this Organ rendition of Elgar’s Enigma variation “Nimrod, the 8th. It’s a nice easy way to ooze into the week. https://search.yahoo.com/yhs/search?hspart=mozilla&hsimp=yhs-006&ei=utf-8&fr=ytff1-yff16&p=most%20beautiful%20of%20elgars%20enigma%20variations&type=
I think I would have played it differently, deeper, with more feeling if I had any Idea about how to play the organ.

No comments:

Post a Comment