Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, February 15, 2018

“Creepy Loner”.


Today's Tids Issue 4,061
For Grieving:

Comments and proposed solutions abound in the wake of the Parkland murders. But the big question is: Why are young humans today so comfortable mass executing their contemporaries? It isn’t just because guns have suddenly become available. There’s more to it. There is a new trigger that hadn’t been there. My immediate thought goes to video games where children routinely become comfortable picking off other humans. Body counts become winning scores. Young minds become inoculated against the trauma. My first reaction yesterday after seeing an interview with a student was “He appears so matter-of-fact about the blood bath before Him.” I’m thinking, “I wonder why?” Is it because it is so commonplace in movies and daily internet activities? The problem we face is much bigger than just banning the instruments. We must contend with mindsets, which may be entirely un-doable in a society that won’t allow stereotypical accusations.

On this day without rain we remember the Maine which began the pain from a war with Spain. It was insane, but contributed to Teddy’s reign!

For me, one of the most exciting things in sports is watching the slalom skiers slash down through the close together gates. I’ve been touting Makaila Shiffrin all year long, and now I can sit back and enjoy her winning the gold.

The Question:
Name what are considered the Top 10 All Time Best Kidnapping/Hostage movies.

The Headlines:
--America Shaken Again After 17 Are Murdered In Parkland Florida High School; Parkland Was Considered Among Safest Of All Cities Over 25K.
--Markets Up Again As Investors Seem To Digest Reality Of Inflation Concerns; Amazing At $702.54 Billion Surpasses Microsoft ( $699.22 Billion) As Company With Highest Market Value.
--Auto Sales Dragging Retail Results Down
--Senate Makes Progress On Dreamers; Showdown Today.
--Tillerson Urges Lebanon To Distance Itself From Hezbollah.
--Stormy Daniels Talking More; Says Trump Lawyer Cohen’s Comments Broke The Promise Of Her Deal.


I see where some activist Hispanic first generation Ivy league college students are leading the charge to eliminate traditional, long standing legacy systems. You know, that system that favors children of alumni. Considering that, I would expect the activist students would be ok with eliminating chain immigration.

Did you see where Peter Thiel, the billionaire venture capitalist who financed many a tech start-up dreams, is moving out of Silicon Valley because he just can’t take the one-sided, liberal politics any longer. It’s too bad the divide has become so raw.

“Creepy Loner”. How may times have you seen that description in print following a mass murder at a school? There may be a clue there for people looking for ways to isolate potential killers.

Declining Breed in America: “Shock Jocks”.

Living in Fresh air is better than artificial heating and cooling no matter what the temperature is outside.

I have in my mind some things that some might call a “Bucket List”. I just don’t like to live by made up terms. Now it would be nice if I were to accomplish my nearly impossible wishes. But then, what would I have left for my dreams. Besides, I can do it all better in my mind; like conducting symphony at Albert Hall; winning the gold in the Men’s downhill. Yup, I don’t miss a beat sitting in my easy chair.

We may be having more mass shootings simply because of a larger demographic of unstable people within a growing population.

Speaking of spousal abuse, how about that Henry the VIII.

Bill Gates said a few days ago that he was concerned about how few people today compared to the past are able to move above the poverty levels. Has he considered how the ramifications from computer and software developments have pretty much eliminated the ready availability of good manufacturing jobs and initiated widespread lower level service jobs?

I can’t get out of my mind the image of the brave football coach yesterday diving in front of students to save them from a barrage of bullets. Remember the heroes.

I don’t think either side will disagree that the Trump administration has been great for lots of new lawyer jobs.

My old knees would have a lot of trouble getting through just three gates in the giant slalom. But, it would be fun trying.

The Answer:
Number one is Taken, which I enjoyed a lot. Next is Prisoners followed by Die Hard, The Silence of the Lambs, The Call, Speed Panic Room, Ransom, Misery, Man on Fire and #10, Man on Fire. The next five are Inside Man, White House Down, Captain Phillips, Airforce One and Hostage. Not ot be found anywhere is my all-time favorite “The Man Who Knew Too Much” with Doris Day and James Stuart. Que sera sera. Also, Fargo was also one of the best ever to me, but only #26 here.

Think of the anguish. We can all just pray.


No comments:

Post a Comment