Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, February 16, 2018

The candles flicker; children sing.


Today's Tids Issue 4,062
For a Reawakening:

Is there a time for a laugh, albeit a jittery one, following human tragedy that is nearly impossible to comprehend? I thought perhaps that humor today would be a welcome relief, but I only saw the grief and tears of families and fellow students. Maybe later this week, they will all remember the smiles and antics of the fallen, the individual quirks and achievements that were so meaningful to all around them. Maybe they will laugh together with “Remember when’s.” But I think today, all eyes and hearts are on the void. The empty, cold, irreconcilable void.

All elements of our economy are strong, they say. So, not too worry, they affirm. But, I look at mall developers and landlords who could be under tremendous pressure in that overbuilt world as retail continues to diminish and stores pull out. The bills will be coming due, and empty stores don’t pay the rent.

Comedians who say inexcusable things always come back with quasi-apologies saying, It wasn’t my fault, it was a joke.

The Question:
Since the year 1980, how many US school shootings have there been, and how many have been killed?

The Headlines:
--Dow Up, Other Indexes Down; Market Heads Towards Best Percentage Gain Week In 6 Years; Mortgage Rates Rise Could Slow Housing Sales.
--Crowds Gather In Parkland To Remember.
--The Mittster Officially Announces For The Senate.
--US And Turkey Agree To Move Forward In Relationship.
--New England Poised For High Volume Snowstorm.
--SEC Kills Takeover Of Chicago Stock Exchange; New Proposed Owners Linked To China.
--Shredded American Flag In Utah Replaced By ISIS Flag.

I remember clearly the day my palate changed forever. My parents brought home “Chee Wees”, the original Cheesy Curly Snack. It was invented in 1946 and begot many an imitator, but I still remember that first bite as the tangiest of foods I had ever eaten in my short life time. (Except perhaps Chicken Gravy). It was a flavor I could never get out of my mind and as I grew older and wiser I quickly gravitated to new iterations of the wonderful old original puffy snack. And, as hard as nutritionists and well-meaning friends tried to convince me that healthy alternatives like Kale and Brussel Sprouts were incredibly tasty too, they all failed to move my taste buds index a fraction. So here I am a victim to my earliest days of childhood, but enjoying every piquant morsel. Now I think, what would I be like if I had learned to disregard human lives by playing war games on a computer for the same amount of time?

BTW, just for the record, Kale and Brussel Sprouts only taste decent when smothered with rich creamy chicken gravy topped by crumbled Cheetos.

While we weren’t looking Brawn University raise its annual cost for a student to $70,000. Liberal professors are big on urging free education for all, as long as somebody is paying their salaries.

I read again this morning yet another Letter-to-the-Editor from a liberal trying to poke a stick in conservatives eyes with their warn out  flawed logic – “Think of what the USA would be without immigrants” – like Einstein, Bob Hope, Roman Polanski and more. I screamed to myself so as not to awaken the sleepy neighborhood, “Illegal immigrants, God dammit. Illegal”. Conservatives are only talking about unlawful entry into the country, as in breaking the laws of a good nation. How could you ever believe anything a liberal minded person says if they will never acknowledge the word “Illegal”. I think I’m repeating myself. I don’t like to repeat myself. It must be my pet peeve.

On a seminar thought, some post Parkland shoot remarks are centered a significantly possible contributing problem – “Social Scientists>”

I have problems with Math, but with chemistry I have solutions.

Liberal is another word for contradictions.

Film Critics must take “Clichés 101” as one of their majors. And “Obscure Premises” as a minor.

You probably read where a Grandmother in Washington state turned in her grandson after she saw his disturbing plans for mass killing at a local school. One of his phrases was that he wanted the death count to be as high as possible so the shooting would be infamous.”

Peter Thiel Is Leaving “Too Liberal” Silicon Valley for Hollywood. Say what?

The student who was late claimed he was in the bathroom. The teacher thought he was stalling.

Reading Between the lines Move Reviews:
--Critics are absolutely loving “Black Panther” -- which means it must have a good social message -- while audiences are ginning it a moderate OK. It’s about T’Chaila returning home to a technologically advanced Africa to become King of Wakanda. However, the old nemesis appears on the scene and duh, the entire nation is drawn into a conflict that could defernite its fate forever.
--Early Man is another critical fave but only so-so in the minds of viewers. The often-funny animated film takes place in pre-historic times and it features huge soccer match between primitive hunters and the man and his people who have control of all the bronze. It’s your basic underdogs versus the evil corporate giant movie.
The Party is another film that doesn’t necessarily meet the raves of criticism but I would consider it. A London party is in full force to celebrate a political victory. Others arrive and revelations are made. The sophisticated party unravels in chaos…and gunshots.

The Answer:
This is the question you hate to have to consider, but it is part, a growing part of society today. Statistical are harder to isolate than  I thought. Since 1980 there have been137shootings, with 297 killed. 17 were in elementary schools and 62 were in high schools. The rest were in universities.


Enjoy the place where you are…E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!!

No comments:

Post a Comment