Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Chaotic chasm.



Today's Tids Issue 4,209
For Courage:

Mob Rule, Department:
From this seat this morning, it appears that we haven’t seen an SC Justice confirmation like what we will see in the Kavanagh fireworks which exploded during the first few lines of Chairman Grassley’s opening statement. The chasm in America is all about the Supreme Court, which served the left well beginning around1972, but lately has been on the road to bring conservatism back into the picture…for a couple of decades to come.  That makes the left incoherently mad.

I was walking along the docks yesterday when I saw a permanent sign painted on the wall of a business I hadn’t noticed before. “Husband Daycare Center. Wives: Find time to relax. Create more shopping flexibility. Clear out your head. Just drop him off.” It was a bar.

Speaking of “Pipes”, Renee Fleming has them.

I don’t think I have ever bought anything from Nike. Mr. shallow-man here just doesn’t like the big swish all over his diminutive body. And “Just Doing It” with Colin will definitely not change my mind.

A meager twenty years ago today, a large tech company filed incorporation papers. It was Google. A mere child is dominating our lives.

The Question:
In whish states do the hardest working Americans live and also which are the lowest sates in hardest working Americans. (Wallet Hub measured these states based on Average work week hours, least time on leisure, employment rates, idle youth rates, unused vacation time, volunteer hours and commuting times.)

The Headlines:
--Kavanaugh Hearings Begin In Chaos; Out if Order Kamala Harris Interrupts Chairman Grassley’s Opening Statement To Complain; Conn’s Blumenthal Jumps In Moving To Adjourn, Followed Closely By Booker Complaints, Igniting Screaming Dem Audience.
--Trade Worries Slow Down Wall Street; Fed’s James Ballard Says We Should Expect Economy To Slow..
--Economic Data On Jobs, Auto Sales, Manufacturing And Construction To Highlight Financial News This Week.
--Hurricane Warning Issued For Florida Panhandle As Gordon Gains Strength; Strongest Japanese Typhoon In 25 Years Closes Major Airports.
--Chinese Billionaire, JD .com Founder, Flees Back To China After US Arrest On Sexual Charges.
--Nike Gear Burns After Kapernick Announced As Spokesperson.

This is the beginning of a two-week period where we begin to see what the financial pros were thinking about during the summer. I don’t know if this means anything or not, but there are a lot of super-yachts for sale.

I have anew hobby. I sit at the end of long docks waiting for wandering tourists. Generally, they ask, “What do you do around here for fun?” I generally respond, “I don’t know much about fun, that’s why I’m sitting here.” Then I direct them to places far away from where I like to go to miss the crowds.

Sign outside a dry cleaner: “We’ve been working on this spot for 75 years.”

That new heavily advertised TV Show, “New Amsterdam” looks a little pretentious to me and the star seems a bit of annoying righteousness.

I’ve pretty much given up on politics. In fact, I appreciate politics for allowing me to explore my favorite talents – sarcasm.

Another new 12-episode TV show set to premiere on Tuesday on USA Network 10E/9C is The Purge. It’s about a town where all crimes including murder are made legal for 12 hours. Each of multiple characters must reckon with their past while planning for their future during purge night. I don’t know if it sounds good or bad.

BTW, Crazy Rich Asians continues to set box office records. Frankly, while enjoyable, it wasn’t that great. Shows you what a good publicist can do.

Did you see where Apple’s auto drive car had an accident with another tech car of the future, Nissan Leaf. They say it was the result of rear-ender by the 15 mph Nissan. But I don’t think the AI car has had a lot of experience merging into traffic as it had slowed to 1 mph, and any reasonable human driver would have expected a sensible merging speed build up. Yes, AI doesn’t think like humans. It just gets in the way.

Northeasterners wonder why their tax money never seems to be enough. One reason, perhaps, is that the states have the most generous subsidized child care reprograms. #1 is financially troubled Connecticut (Once the paragon of industry and financial strength). The next highest is New Hampshire followed by Massachusetts, Rhode Island, Minnesota, Vermont, Maryland, Maine, New Jersey and Hawaii.

I switched to wrinkle-free shirts. My laundry problems are less pressing.

The Answer:
According to WalletHub, the hardest working Americans live in Alaska, North Dakota, Wyoming, South Dakota and Nebraska.  Michigan was listed as having the least of the hardest working. The rest on the bottom were #49 Rhode Island, West Virginia, New Mexico and Oregon. My thought is that there is a whole lot of skewing going on in there.

The ratings for the Kavanaugh showdown maybe the highest of any new fall TV premiere.

I’m trying to rid myself of anger entirely. It may make for a dull Tids but will be healthier, and cuddlier. Right now what bothers me most are entitled pedestrians and discourteous car drivers.  So, I’m working it down.

No comments:

Post a Comment