Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, September 13, 2018

The Countdown.



Today's Tids Issue 4,215
For scrutinizing:

I expect many a dirty trick
As we lead up to November six.

The state of the financial markets in late October could have a large effect on the mid-term elections. Does Trump have deals up his sleeve that could reinvigorate the longest bull market, or do anti and never Trumpers on Wall Street have some explosive short-term negativity in their back pocket?

From this corner of the world, I believe that Apple would really make smart phone news if they came out with a great product that more people could actually afford.

The problem with Kamal’s Harris faked videos (4 Pinocchio’s From Washington Post) and her preposterous innuendo questioning is that in today’s times the misinformation lives in infamy through the Internet. And followers disturbed by the truth jump upon false information to support unwarranted decisions.

A head hunter is a safari leader.

The Question:
Remember the Village People? What were their costumed characters?

The Headlines:
--Even As Florence Weakens To Cat 2, Damage Expected To Be Devastating As Storm Could Linger For Days; Storm Surge Expected To Be Major Problem.
--US In Early Stages Of Proposed New Trade Talks With China.
--Stocks Expected To Open Higher As Light Appears On Trade Talks; Apple Intro Dominates Biz News; New Apple Watch Medical Applications Send FitBit Shares Downward.
--US F-22 Stealthy Fighters Intercept Russian Bombers Over Alaska For Second Time In A month.
--Cuomo Expected To Trounce Cynthia Nixon Tonight.
--Jamie Dimon Backs Off Yesterday’s Remarks About Beating Trump, Saying, “I’m Not Running For President.”
--60 Mins Powerful Chief Jeff Fager Ousted After Email About Handling Of Sexual Accusations.

One noticeable aspect of senior citizenry is repeating oneself. When I began this Tids mess many years ago I vowed never to repeat Tidlets, opinions or jokes. It’s a good brain exercise. So, if you see stuff reoccurring, don’t tell my children. I like my car keys.

On the other hand, there is the problem of just plain ole’ bad Tids writing. Like yesterday when I overwrote about America’s Got Talent, which frankly I now only watch so I can write about the results. Next week will be the end of that ongoing Tids series, unless of course they get back to being interesting.

Florence must be considered a really bad storm. They are cancelling football games in the SEC and ACC.

The Tids NFL pickers went 8-7-1 in the first week. I’d like to give myself another win since I picked Cleveland to beat Pitt! Let’s hope we learned a lot from the first week, because this week is loaded with tough picks, starting tonight with Bengals Ravens. The Bengals looked sharp and the Ravens D looked powerful. Bennies are home, but I’m going Ravens. Panthers are down two good players but I like them over Falcons. The Skins surprised and the Colts were about as I suspected. I like the steady hand of Skins Alex Smith at QB. Two Belichick disciples coach Houston and Tenn, which only means the know each other. I’m picking the Texans. The Bucs really surprised me, but the Eagles should be getting back on target. Eagles are my pick. The Chiefs and Steelers s a toss-up in my book I go Pitt. The Jets actually looked good and They will make their home town fans happy against conference foe Dolphins. The Chargers will roll over Bills and rookie QB Allen. . As much as I am rooting for a rebounding Browns, I see the Saints getting back to winning. I thought the Lions looked inept so Ill take home team Niners. The Rams will live up to predictions and beat Arizona. I have no feel for the Seahawks or Bears. I’ll just pick the Bears at home. Now, we have four real posers including three super rivalries’, Giants versus Cowboys, Vikes versus Pack and Raiders versus Broncs, plus a rematch of last year’s AFC title game, Pats Jags. I go Dallas (They can’t be as bad das they looked last week), Jags over my beloveds. I like Minn defense to stifle slightly hobbled Aaron Rogers of GB. The tightest and toughest to pick is Oakland-Denver – and I go Denver.

Don’t buy a used car from the Carolinas during the next several months.

Some liberal are not happy about Ronan Farrow’s success outing sexual abusers like Weinstein and Moonves because it over shadows his attacks on President Trump.

Don’t you find it humorous watching super libs like Debra Messing and Susan Sarandan gouging out eyes over how they should bash trump.

I take new accusations form Booker and the rest of the hysterical Dems with grain of salt. Their are no open wounds to irritate as the dams face the reality of his approval.

The current national pastime seems to be writing Nike jokes.

Comedian Norm McDonald is under fire for saying he was happy to see #MeToo slowing down, adding that people’s lives have been ruined immediately based solely on accusations, without deliberative adjudication. In other words, his life could be ruined for pondering.

One of the sillier utterances during the Kavanaugh get-together last week was the remark from the quite unremarkable Senator from Conn – Richard the Lyin’hearted Blumenthal: “If affirmed to the SC, Kavanaugh should have an asterisk next to his name”:
I expect many a dirty trick
As we lead up to November six.
But, Kavanaugh will be in the mix,
Solidly sitting without asterisk.


The Answer:
There were five costumed characters: Policeman, Indian Chief, Construction Worker, Military Man and Leather Clad Biker. For the song “In the Navy”, they added a Sailor.

Turning off the TV for the next couple, of months could do wonders for your health.


No comments:

Post a Comment