Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, October 9, 2018

Blank Space.



Today's Tids Issue 4,232
For a sad country song:

Sorry, I just could help jumping on the latest celeb airhead to offer political opinions. Now, historically, Taylor Swift certainly could never meet the qualities of genuine airhead (Cranial structures with Blank Space) actress, So I’m thinking it changed when she moved to all Democrat Rhode Island. Although, I didn’t realize Democrat-itus was an infectious disease. So, “Blank Space” is considered her 7th best all time Song, and I just couldn’t ignore the possibilities! But other songs are indicative to her meandering into politic-speak. Democrat is obviously her “New Romance”, and to many lemmings she would appear, “Fearless”. And her split with the GOP certainly indicates that “We are Never, Ever Getting Back Together”. But, I have to ask, were there “Teardrops on Her Guitar”? It may have been tough emotionally for this genuinely wholesome woman to suddenly seem a little “Mean”. Yes, she did send her old Repub pals a “Dear John” letter as she entreated the left, “You Belong to Me.” My guess is that she turned because her old nemesis Kanye has been backing the White House.

I just can’t get that Limo accident out of my mind. An apparently very nice group of people from loving families were just doing what was right -- hiring a driver for a group wine country tour. And it appears all of the circumstances were working against their good judgment. I look at those smiling faces and even with words in black and white before me, I can’t believe these people I never knew a smidge are gone. Just like that, in terrifying seconds.  The mystery that befuddles me is how there could be no survivors at all; that every single person in that car which showed very little exterior damage died. You would have thought that many people in such a small space would have cushioned each other at least enough to spare a few. Just a few.

For two Boston teams yesterday, we had both a “Hat Trick” and “Hit for the Cycle”, which is rather amazing. Patrice Bergeron had the Hat Trick for the Bruins while super sub Brock Holt Hit for the Cycle (Single, Double, Triple, Home Run), and that feat was the first ever in posts season Baseball history. Must be climate change. The fact that it was down against the Ya, Ya, Ya…well you who I mean…made extra juicy.

The fired magician is dis-illusioned.

The Question:
In was going to ask you to identify the top Taylor Swift songs, none of which, I knew. But, I already gave you the answer above. Who are considered the all-time greatest Country Singers. Hint, Taylor Swift s #18.

The Headlines:
--Red Sox Super-Sub Brock Holt Creates Playoff History Hitting For Cycle.
--IMF Lowers Out Look For Global Economy; Stock Market Futures Look Negative; Oil Prices Could Rise Dramatically As Gulf Rigs Close Down for Michael.
--Michael Growing Into Mega Storm; After Florida Panhandle, Storm May Rush Through Areas Already Decimated By Florence.
--Hope Hicks To Join Fox News Under New Management Team.
--Google Decides Not To Bid For Billion Dollar Pentagon Contract; 3,000 Google Employees Don’t Liking Working For War machine Unless It Is Obama War Machine).
--Kav At Work With First All-Female Staff.
--Roseanne Co-Stars Say She Is Missed On New Show.

It took me a long time until I figured out that Hoover Dam and Boulder Dam were the same thing. I was naive that way. But, now people might take sides on that question, arguing which was bigger. That’s about where we are today.

For all of you out there who think that technology has improved your life, just remember that without technology the Tids would never have showed up each morning to ruin your day.

Just in case you haven’t been paying attention, if the House goes Dem then anybody could be impeached, but unless there is a significant criminal act, or acts against the integrity of the USA, none would be thrown out.

Blank Space:
Google employees have signed a letter saying they will never work on projects for war. How about working on projects that protect their fellow citizens from other countries who may like war.

A proctologist convinced the patient that his condition could be rectified.

That IMF forecast could be very significant with respect to the longevity of this current boom, especially since this current market has often surged on news of a stable and growing rest of the world. .

Hope the Sox have a few more hits left for tonight. Sometimes, blowouts are followed by counter-blowouts, especially when one team is embarrassed at home.

When the new hive was completed, the bees had a house swarming party.

My problem with Swift’s pronouncement is that her basis is all gender oriented, and I just have problem in general with the validity of identity politics. I know, I know, TS is against a woman…who just happened to vote with her very conservative brains. On the other hand, the Democrat is a business man who supported Kavanaugh and dislikes Schumer rather intensely. He sounds like West Virginia’s Manchin. Tough decision for the volunteers. Hint, Nashville is the biggest publisher of Bibles in the world.

Here are the latest polls on key Senate races: Arizona -- Dem Sinema 47, Repub McSalley 44. Tennessee --- R Blackburn 50, D Bredson 42. NJ – Menendez 49, R Hugin 39. Texas – R Cruz 50, D O’Rourke 44. These are probably the difference makers.

The Answer:
Well, #1 is Merle Haggard. After Merle we have Johnny Cash, Willie Nelson, Hank Williams, Dolly Parton, George Jones, Wayland Jennings, George Strait, Loretta Lynn and at #10 Garth Brooks. The next five are the great Buck Owens followed by Reba McEntire, Kenny Chesney, Charley Pride and Shania Twain. Rounding out the top 20 we have Conway Twitty, Alabama, Swift, Tammy Wynette and the incomparable Patsy Cline. Tim McGraw is 26. Some who I who I might have thought would be there in the top 30 are Martina McBride, Trisha Yearwood. Miranda Lambert, Keith Urban and current star Kelly Clarkson. And even more so, how about super songwriter/singer Alan Jackson? Jeez, there are so many great ones.

With the way the country is going, I wouldn’t be surprised to see more sad songs coming out of Nashville.

I sit and watch the bubbles rise
As my beer warms, and goes flat.
Like I have seen with my own eyes
My country die, from verbal combat.
I feel alone in the crowds around
As my tears trickle down my face.
Can the harmony we had be found?
Will understanding return to this place?
(And a steel guitar screams it’s lonely note)






No comments:

Post a Comment