Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, October 25, 2018

“Bombs bursting in air…”



Today's Tids Issue 4,244
Give me a good fiddle:

But, is our flag still there? There is no excuse for sending bombs to fellow Americans, no matter how much a targeted victim might oppose whatever the bomb senders’ ideas may be. We never used to “Hate”. We disliked or disagreed or disassociated. But hate is visceral, acidic, and ow somehow pervasive. I remember how I was always taken aback when I heard reasonable people actually say, “I hate George Bush.” Hate, George Bush? That’s when I began to see the nation going off its rails. You know, hate is an insidious infection of common sense, and human understanding. I see that flag of ours, of stars and stripes, as a symbol of bonding in a Democratic Republic. It speaks to me of separation of ideas that become unified into greatness through rational discourse and heartfelt understanding. It says we are whole made of many, and the stability of the whole is critical to preservation of the dispersed. Maybe it does a have chance of still waving neath the rockets’ red glare. Maybe, maybe if we begin to see the insanity of hate.

I never use the word hate, except in “I hated that Golf shot.” Well, I do hate vegetables but never vegetarians. I hate the adoration of celebrity, but I don’t hate the celebs. They are just unaware. I don’t hate people who eat healthier than I. It just irritates me when they try to demean the food l love. So, in this world of irrational illogical hatred, I will endure, loving what I love, the goodness in hearts of people, the cooling breezes off of mighty oceans blue; diving into bowls of gravy and bags of orange snacks.

When attempting to fight fire with fire, remember that the fire department usually uses water.

My smart phone speed is regressing to dial-up days. Nostalgia isn’t fun.

Do you know what I’d really like to see happen? That would be a solid meeting between Xi and Trump. It seems to me that we should be able to get past the China problem if we wanted to.

Old fashioned country living might not be as glamorous as big city life, but there’s a lot to be said of keeping it simple.  

The Question:
What are the ten most watched events in TV history? Bonus: Which president held the first, and only cabinet meeting on live Radio and TV. (Hint: It wasn’t a Founding Father.)

The Headlines:
--After Stocks Bombed Yesterday Investors See Healthy Turn-Around This Morning; New Jobless Claims Rise; Ford Trucks Pushing Auto Manufacturer Profits Higher; Tesla Surprises Wall Street With 3rd Q Profit.
--The Red Sox Pick Up Game Two On Solid Pitching From Price And The Bullpen.
--Saudi Arabia Now Admits Khashoggi Killing Was Premeditated.
--Trump Comes Down Hard On Bomb Sender; Says Media Could Be The Vehicle That Would Cool Hotheads; More Pipe Bombs Discovered At DeNiro Restaurant And At Biden’s.
--Trump Says He’s Sending Army To Border; Second Caravan Forming In Guatemala.
--Super Typhoon Hits US Mariana Islands.
--Steelers Le Veon Bell To Lose $6.8 Million In Pay To Prove A Point For All Players Benefit, He Says.
--Several Of Thee Democrat Progressive “Rock Stars” Flaming Out As Decision Time Nears.
--Central Texas Flooding Still A Mess; Treatment Plants Overwhelmed.

Some of our worse stock days ever have occurred in mid-October. Just in case you think something strange is going on.

I’m getting old enough to remember when emojis were called hieroglyphics.

Maybe I should miss NFL Pick-um Thursdays from now on, since last week’s late picking produced a record of 11-2. (Now 63-41-2). Tonight’s game isn’t anything to write home about, but a tough one to pick. Houston is on a roll and Miami isn’t. The Texans are at home. Texans.  On Sunday morn, the Jags and Iggles are across the pond. The Jags have been declining rapidly but the SB Champs Eagles are not looking that great either. I have to pick the Eagles. I like the Bears, have all year long, but the Jets have been surprising from time to time. Going with my heart and Trubisky’s legs. The Giants have already entered panic mode. Washington has looked pretty good at times and I stay with the Skins. Tough teams to figure, Carolina versus the Ravens (one of my two losses last week), is a poser. I should hat…I mean really, really dislike them for messing up my record, but I think they will beat Carolina. Seattle is coming into the Lion’s den. Detroit is looking better, but so is Seattle. I pick the home team Detroit. One of the great battles of the weekend should be the Bucs versus the Bennies. TB has been riding high, but I’m thinking that Cinncy will take them down at home on the Ohio river.

I’ll begin the second section of this big grey blob with one of my favorite teams the Browns versus their absolute arch rival, Pittsburgh. Remember they have already tied, but I believe that while the Browns are quite steady this year, the Steelers have been putting it back together and should win. Maybe Derek Carr has rid himself of all his pent up emotions and is now ready to produce the upset of the day over Indianapolis. The power game of the day is GB versus the LA Rams. The flawless Rams are home and GB has been just so-so tis year. LA takes down GB. Now, who do you pick between the flawed 1-6 Cards and the hapless 1-6 Niners? I haven’t the slightest idea. I’ll go SF, because the citizens there need something better in life than their government. The Saints have proven themselves so far this year. But, up in cold Minnesota the Vikings will be cool and steady, and the Saints won’t be as hot as their Tabasco sauce. And then there is Monday night which I’m sure ESPN execs would like to switch. I actually root for the Bills in my heart, because I think the loyal working people fans up there need the turn around. But this week they are playing my beloveds, who though short on Defense, may have finally found a team they can defend. The Pats will win.

Bumper sticker of the Day: “Heaven has a wall and strict immigration policies. Hell has open borders.”

I wonder what Jascha Heifetz thinks of Doug Kershaw

You have to wonder if some Democrats in the political spotlight and their supporting celebrities are now becoming disturbed that they aren’t the targets of the bomb sender.

My pursuit of perfect speech has become a diction.

How many people are more interested in being invited rather than going?

Eat Meat:
Big food sellers like Trader Joe’s, Whole Foods, Harris Tweeter are pulling premade food like wraps, burritos and salads from their shelves – actually anything with rom food manufacturers that “contain corn, diced onions and other vegetables possibly tainted with bacteria by a single company called McCain Foods.”

One of the biggest lies of the past several years is that people who prefer strict immigration policies, hate immigrants.

This guy former CIA chief Brennen maybe the biggest hypocrite out there of all the hypocrites in the US. This morning he spoke of the need to soften the outrage between Americans, and then he went on to imply that he meant all Americans except him.

The Answer:
#10 on The Top 10 Most Watched TV list is the JFK funeral. Next at #9 is William and Kate Middleton’s Wedding. The rest on the way down to #1 are The Cricket World Cup Semi-Final (India vs. Pakistan), Spring Festival 2012 (China), Michael Jackson Memorial Service, 1969 Apollo 11 Moon Landing, 2006 FIFA  World Cup Final (Italy vs.. France), 1973 “Aloha from Hawaii (Elvis Pressley Concert), The 2010 Chilean Miners Rescuer. And, drum roll, at #1 – 2008 Beijing Olympics Opening Ceremony. Now, that is quite the diverse collection of events. Bonus: On October 25 in 1954 President Eisenhower decided to open a cabinet meeting to the country. Must have been bad, because it has never been tried again.

The Cricket World Cup semifinal? Who knew.

Can mental relaxation be found in the roots of rural music?
I’m always on the lookout for a good new Orange Blossom Express performance. Try this one:





No comments:

Post a Comment