Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Friday, April 10, 2020

It’s why it is called Sunday.



Today's Tids Issue 4,628
Faith is Good:

Today we all are standing neath the cross. Not understanding the incoherence of what we are experiencing. Why would a good person who only gave be thought of dangerous? Why would he on the cross feel forsaken by his father, God. It was difficult to comprehend that day as it is often difficult to explain how a loving, caring God would deliver so much pain to so many today.

“My God, my God, why have you forsaken me.?”

“Father, unto you I commit my spirit.”

Living as a human is to experience hardships, and to find the strength to rally against them; to help others do the same.

The skies darkened and the women and men wept. They could not understand. The soldiers divided his clothes. He was but a man, wasn’t he? What could they have felt?

Yet we now know that out of disbelief and hopelessness, there is always a rebirth. We are fortunate to know this. To know that for each step we dare to put forward we will feel a firm base underneath.

I, perhaps like many, feel the glory of Easter. I sense that the skies brighten and human hearts rediscover. I’m not much of churchgoer myself, but I feel the glory of God. I feel the courage of people. I feel the kindness in hearts. I feel the majesty of new days; that beyond every cloud there is always a blue, forgiving sky above.

The finale to Mahler’s great Second Symphony is my annual best explanation of the power of Resurrection.

Happy Easter, E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y. May this be the beginning of what brings us back. (And, I hope you get some good chocolate too.)
(Sorry for the ads)




No comments:

Post a Comment