Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, November 10, 2021

Honest reflections.


Today's Tids Issue 5,032

Semper:

 

Why do I each morn

Bring back memory’s past

Does it mean I am aging?

Getting old at last?

To live again what was of me?

Which again, I will never see.

 

70 years ago today, the first ever Customer self-dialed phone call was made. How about that! Today Google will dial it for you before you know who you are calling.

 

China News keeps on bubbling up and it gets worser and worser. The latest you may have heard comes from US satellite photos of replicas of US warships being built in remote regions the vast country. And they are being used as target practice. That doesn’t sound like the rebuilding of a cozy relationship. A leadership trying to satisfy the needs of 1.4 billion people will always think they need more than they have.

 

The Question:

“Oorah!” I am far from ever being a Marine, but I just had to use their battle cry today to celebrate the establishment of this amazing fighting group by the Second Continental Congress 246 years ago today. I remember my pals and I playing marines at Guada Canal in 1944. As young kids who didn’t know much, we felt something special about them against that relentless enemy in that God awful place. I don’t know why.  So, here’s the question: The Army and the Navy have battle cries too. What are they?

 

The Headlines:

--Soaring Inflation, Highest In 31 years, Beats Down Markets;

--Judge Says Ok For Congress Jan 6 Committee To Look At Trump Docs; Trump Appeals.

Today’s Huge Inflation Number Has White House Defending Super Spending Bill.

--Ponzi Schemer Jeff Carpoff Gets Thirty Years.

--Kyle Rittenhouse takes Stand In His Defense; Sobs As He Says He Gunned Down 3 men Out Of Fear; Man Wounded Tells Court He Did Point His Weapon At Defendant Before Defended Fired.

 

There is something really, really great about optimism.

 

A Wharton Prof says today’s stock market perceived overvaluation is a mere pittance compared to the wild and crazy runaway Dot.Com era.

 

Some of the wit I get in the email just go way over my head.

 

I personally believe that Ponzi schemers and other white-collar scammers are probably as reprehensible as any criminal in the country.

 

Is the new empty selves retail waring a real scare, or just a ploy to get people to spend early

 

Last night the results for The Voice big cut down came out just about the way I had hoped. I still like “Girl Named Tom” best, but Wendy Moten and Paris Winningham are probably the favorites right now.

 

 

 

 

 

The Answer:

“Hooah” is the cry of the US Army and “Hooyah’ is that of the US Navy and Coast Guard.

 

Let’s all give big ole’ “Oorah” for the Marines today.

 

I got mugged by 6 dwarfs last night. Not happy.

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment