Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Honorable fraud?

Today's Tids Issue 2,113
Opening Stuff:

Attention Theo! Catching is a defensive position too!

You can call me Sulee. You can call me Nadya. But don’t call me Octomom. How about “Scotts” for fertilizer Queen? The prolific producer was on the Big O show yesterday and took major issue with the media created name Octomom. It turned into a love affair with the host and guest enabling each other. But, I have to say, that if she was being honest, Nadya Sulemon seems to have a reasonable grasp on what’s honest and good about life, (Aside from her frozen egg addiction). She seems to believe in perfect mother/child love, personal responsibility and is not out for money at the cost of loss of dignity. In other words she won’t be joining wannabees on Dancing with the Stars or Celebrity Apprentice real soon. Or taking free money from the Feds.

The real frauds may be residing on Wall Street. Lately, several knowledgeable sources are crawling out of the woodwork to say that the entire post Dot.Com bubble high growth economy of the past 10 years was based solely on fraud. Yup fraud. That’s the word they used…Fraud with a capital “F”. But, it was clever, creative, ingenious, brainiac fraud. The average con-man could not have achieved the levels of deceit perpetrated by those financial engineers. Think about the stability we could achieve for the average investor if those giant cerebrums were used for what people think they are there for in the first place?

Wandering out early in the crisp morning air, looking up to crystalline clear skies can only be described as blue-tiful.

The Question:
We watch the volcanic action in awe, but do we really know what is happening. For starters, tell me how many major layers make up the earth from center to surface. Name them.

The Headlines:
--11 Dead In Oil Rig explosion Off Coast of Louisiana; 126 Workers Appear To have Escaped; Authorities Unable To predict When Fires Will Stop.
--Chrysler Reports 4Q Loss of #3.8Bil.
--Airlines Toss $1.7 Billion Into Ashcan; Airports Opening.
--Yahoo! Reports Outstanding First Q Revenue And Earnings.
--0-Man Reaching Out To Dem/GOP Leadership As He Begins Selection Process For Supreme Court Nominee.
--Iceland Scientists Warning Of Bigger Blast from Second Volcano.
--Newly Released Poll Taken At Height Of Toyota Problem Days Says 38% Of Americans Prefer US Cars Versus 33% For Asian.

Back to More Stuff:

If you noticed a general lull settling in over the land yesterday, it wasn’t because Congress and the Prez went home. It was National Grass Day or National Take a Weed to Lunch Day or Get High with your Friends Day. Yup. It was light-up time in the marijuana patch. 420 day. I wonder if you can get paid unused sick day money for all of those 4/20’s you missed during your career.

Remember ashcans?

As you drive through upscale neighborhoods looking at architectural designed homes, it is easy to see where the home owner had much too much influence!

From what I hear, Gosselin’s axing from Dancing makes viewers happy.

Which brings me to American Idol. I started calling Chrystal “BoSox” in honor of my Boston Beloveds, but after watching the Sox versus the excellence of Bowersox, I’ll be looking for a new moniker – Perfection, hearts-a-flutter, or magnificent. I’ll just call her Maggie. That’s it! If you didn’t melt during her song’s end, then I probably don’t want to know you. Lee was again the other outstanding performer. I personally thought Siobhan was very good and particularly liked her softness at the end and would rank her #3. Big Mike was serviceable, as was Casey. Which brings us to the cute guys. Tim has some kind of magic with the voters, but was really almost artificial last night. If Aaron could start like he finishes, he might be consistently among the top 3-4. He could be the one to go tonight.

Do you know what I hate? I get mad when Spell-Check says I spelled a word correctly but they don’t know what it means, as indicated by the “No Suggestions” response in the synonym box.

This is the time when orchestras around the globe begin rehearsing one of my favorite rousers – Brahms’ Academic Festival Overture.

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 67. –For the first time since seeing Kent, I felt guilty walking into my home. My skin was tingly. When the kids ran up I hugged them like always, because kids need hugs. As I reached around and pulled as hard as I could, I heard, “Wow, mom what was that all about. Followed by a couple of exaggerated oofs! I never looked at them. Maybe that’s why kept them buried into my chest, and another woman’s bra, so I wouldn’t have to look into their eyes. I was saved by the voice of Paul coming into the room. I rose, still not looking. Their little arms went around my waist and thigh. Do they sense something?
Paul lifted my chin as he arrived and kissed me, lightly and tenderly on the lips. The way I liked it.
Then I started crying. Just balling like a war widow who had lost everything perfect in her life; everything she had ever wanted. I sank to my knees. My shoulders heaving. Nobody said a word. How could they. Maggie the magnificent was too strong to feel. Wasn’t she?
Paul and the kids, all blurs, were at my level now. Rubbing, consoling, holding. Total silence except for my gasping. My breathless sobbing.
“I think you have been working too much since the hospital, Mom.” I turned my head and looked into the consoling eyes of Jax. Caring, innocent, giving, naïve eyes. Of course there had to be an explanation for Jax. His mom would never cry.

24-um: --Lots of things put into motion. --How about Chloe now faced now being Jacks adversary, well sort of. I think she will handle it well. –But, I still wish they would bring back Edgar. --And the president looking like she was having a meltdown in her zeal to get peace at any cost. Ethan, Jack and Chloe seemed to think she was a little nutty. -- Glad they spent a little time in the beginning paying a modest tribute to Renee. --Who woulda known that Dana was the key person. --And, don't you think that other little CTU computer guy is up to something. They keep showing him with funny eye movements.

I think it is quite appropriate that the friendly Feds step in and take away our salt. You know they have actually been doing that for years…don’t you? You see, the word salary has it’s origins in the word salt. In Roman Empire days, Salt was a primary means of payment for soldiers work. Salary comes from the Latin “Salarium” – “Salt Money”.

The Answer:
There are four major layers of the Earth – Crust (Where we Live), mantle, outer core (liquid) and inner core which is at the center.

The End: 
Too many people these days seem to have boiling magma in their stomach ready to erupt. But who says eruptions have to spew fire. How about erupting into a song, or hopping on the back of grocery cart and racing through the parking lot. Use your energy well and be positive. Act like a fool and be proud of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment