Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Small annoyances.

Today"s Tids Issue 2,114
Opening Stuff:

Whatever happened to Americans singing “My Country This of Thee”? I can remember when it was one of the most popular of patriotic songs. “My country, tis of thee / Sweet land of liberty. / of thee I sing. / Land where my father’s died, / Land of the Pilgrims’’ pride, / From every mountainside, let freedom ring.” What’s wrong with that? Oh, wait a minute…I see it now. God is mentioned twice in the final verse. What’s wrong with that?

This economy is having a problem getting kick-started for pretty much the same reason Supermarket profits are made or lost depending upon vegetable spoilage – Dead beets.

The Question:
An online newspaper “The Daily Beast” just released a list of the Ten Craziest Cities. What do you think they are?

The Headlines:
--Pressure On To Finish Financial regs Bill.
--Ash Still Limiting Flights In Norway And Sweden.
--Muslim Group Issues Death Threats To “South Park” Creators.
--McAfee Anti Virus Program Trips Up Computers Around The World.
--Greek Crisis Once Again Has Markets Anxious; Debt Up to 13.9% Of GDP, Ireland Higher At 14.3%. Sweden Lowest At 0.5%.
--Tim Urban Finally Ousted From Idol; Chrystal, Lee, Siobhan Look Like Three Best Of The Remaining. Casey Can Be very Good. Aaron Now Inherits Cuteness Vote.

Back to More Stuff:

What happens if stored sperm gets freezer burn?

If raccoons are supposed to be so intelligent and adaptable, how come I find so many dead ones lying in the road.

Rothlisberger, a premeditated serial rapist, couldn’t get enough suspensions if you want my opinion.

Another of my pet peeves is cross streets without street name signs.

One of the worst decisions ever made buy a Supreme Court was allowing Governments to take private property by eminent domain for the use by developers.

I’m hearing that older woman are buying the new jeans brand called “Looks like Your Skin”. I’m trying to envision wrinkled fabric.

I was surprised to see that the SC decided 8-1 in favor of nixing a law against videos showing cruelty to animals. Not that they nixed it, but that it was 8 10 1…with Bush conservative Alito being the “1”.

I woke up this morning realizing how smart I was when I replaced my McAfee Program With another package. EeeeeeHah!

Through the same Eyes: Chapter 67 continues. –“I think Jax is right. You are doing much too much considering your battle in the hospital. That stress is catching up with you. Even as magnificent as you are, you can’t do it all.”
Why does Paul love me so much? Can’t he sense anything?
I stood and walked over as six caring eyes saw me safely to my chair. I know in my heart now that something has changed with Kent. But I don’t know what to do.
“Thanks guys,” I tried to look happy. I certainly was grateful. Which only added to this immense wave of guilt that spreading over me. Rendering me practically useless. “Can I just sit here alone for a minute or so, guys? I managed. Two little heads nodded obediently. One smiled comfortingly.
I have to rebuild their confidence in me. I have never let them down.
“I have never seen you like that,” Paul stammered.
“My mind is too full of too many things.” I just couldn’t find any more words.
Maybe I should just go up to bed. And sleep. Just get away. There’s too much love in this house, and not enough from me.

I my observation of people on the left in casual non-political/ideological meetings, is that they are quite concerned about the growth and activities of the Tea Party.

I think I’m ready to understand youth’s gravitation towards drug use. It is probably the only way they can put up with some of the music of the day. I guess it depends upon which kind of insanity they are looking for.

The Answer:
You have to go to your psychoanalyst to help you understand why Cincinnati was named “Craziest City in America. Maybe they meant “Haziest” which is often the result of early morning Ohio River mist. Anyhow, the rest in order are San Fran, Providence RI, Milwaukee, Las Vegas, Philly, NYC, Tucson, San Antonio and New Orleans. The “Sanest” is Salt lake City. The main ingredients determining the Craziness Scale are Alcohol, psychiatrist, stress and eccentricity.

A Small Ending:
If you are thinking that Aaron Kelley is the most likely next American Idol bootee…I have two words for you: David Archeletta. Things are never as they seem.

No comments:

Post a Comment