Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Is it in there?

Today's Tids Issue 2,103
Opening Stuff:

Whatever happened to paying for quality products and having them last?

Smoke and Mirrors Department:
The Government will collect and supposedly accumulate healthcare money for five years or so before spending it on the promised services. This will falsely appear as a deficit reduction – added revenue without accompanying expenditure. Unless of course congressional leprechauns are spending their new found pot of gold on something other than for which it is intended. Remember these are the same folks who forgot about the word “Trust” in the Social Security Trust Fund.

The Question:
Keith Kellogg founder of the great Kellogg Cereal Company was born 150 years ago today. Name the five top selling brands of cereal.

The Headlines:
--Geithner To Visit Biggest Creditor China; Will Discuss Dispute Over Currency.
--UConn Woman Match UCLA’s Back-To-Back Undefeated Seasons; Stanford Had UConn On Ropes Before Second Half Resurgence led By Incomparable Maya Moore.
--7.7 Quake Off Indonesia’s Sumatra Island Fails To Deliver Tsunami.
--Iran Ridicules 0-Man’s New Nuke Strategy.
--White House To remove Terms Like Islamic Radicalism From Official Documents Describing US Security Strategy.
--Stock Futures Lower.

Back to More Stuff:

As we have heard over the months, the White House is brainstorming ideas to add jobs. Typical of this brain trust is their idea to make all gas stations “Full Services.’ That’s the way unions think you grow business; by adding perfectly unnecessary employees. Do you think that anybody close The Great Mocker has any idea how capitalism works?

American Idol’s Beatles Week has been sloppy the past couple of years. However, last night they all stepped up to Abbey Road and crossed safely. The big problem is who goes. Even the Timster looked decent, maybe his best yet. Considering how he fared when he was awful, he’ll probably escapes the bottom three tonight. My bottom three are Aaron, Andy and Katie. Katie is only there because she doesn’t seem to be connecting to the voters. Actually I vote her in the top three last night along with BoSox and Casey. A man has to go. Period. And it will be either Aaron or Andy. I’m saying Andy. Of the rest, the Judges loved Lee’s hey Jude. I thought it was mediocre. Michael Lynch belongs in the Bottom three, but won’t be there. Siobhan was pleasantly bluesy last night. She continues to be one of my favorites. Maybe we can get rid of Tim next week.

A good early adoptor Techno-reader has these comments on the iPad. He, a devout user of all things Internet, thinks that the new product’s greatest advantage making owners look good to other Tech-adopters. Apparently though, technophobes are aghast at the Time magazine app costing $4.99 for just one issue –an issue featuring Steve Jobs on the cover. Our reader also noted a woman in her car looking at her new iPad. She seemed to be thinking, he thought, “What do I do with this thing now that I own it?”

It seems that just about every day I read a headline “Right Wing Hate Groups on the rise.” But when Left Wing Hate Groups were popping up everywhere, tossing bombs at Bush, the media was their biggest cheerleader urging on their assault on the non-intellectual with the Texas twang.

If there are so many more people out there loving dogs and animals more than ever, how come there are so many new pet shelters springing up around the neighborhood?

I forget…why was I supposed to be so interested in Elian Gonzalez?

Through the Same Eyes: Chapter 64 continues. –Murph though a minute. “You know, he started, I don’t think I ever knew that until we were rescued.” He stopped talking and looked off into space. I though he was just taking a deep breath, thinking about his ordeal. All of a sudden he started again. This time with more energy as if he thought of something. “You know,” he started again. “When those guys in that black SUV stopped me on the road Laura was with me. I remember now looking over at her, ready to play the hero and tell her not to worry. But,” he paused and stared out; as if he was seeing her again in his mind. “But, she was as cool as could be. She was just sitting there as if nothing was happening. Like she was watching a cooking show on TV or something.”
Richie chimed in, “Laura was always scary to me…to us.” Jen and Barbara were nodding vigorously.
I asked. “Where in the SUV did they put you and Laura?”
“You know, I don’t know.” Murph answered quickly. “They stuck a needle in my arm and I went out fast. I never saw anything happen to Laura. And while I was scared as hell when I woke up in that weird room, all wired up or somethin’, I never realized that Laura wasn’t there at all.”
“Maybe you should be bringing in Laura,” I suggested to Henry who was busy making lots of notes.
I turned to Richie, who was holding Jen’s hand. “Tell us more about Laura.” He looked at Jen, almost for approval.
“As I said she scared all of us, except big Murph there, who probably would do anything she asked to keep his good thing going,” he smiled a little, “If you know what I mean,” he finished.
“She scared me too,” Murph quickly added.

Why do I have this sensation that more foreign heads of state are laughing at us more these days?

Though not excusing at all the abhorrent atrocities of the pedophile priests and the enabling of further sickening activities by Vatican upper management, I can understand the reasoning that secularists may want to discredit the Pope for his stands against abortion and gay lifestyles.

FEMA Director Napolitano was in RI saying “We want to bring Rhode Island back to where it was”. To which RI’ers were shouting, “Oh no! Anything but that!”

Why am I getting this feeling that the US developing an ostrich security plan – head in the sand. Everything I see coming out of this White House seems to dismiss or excuse all of the haters in the world except Republicans. Let’s see, Islamic Radicals don’t exist, but right wing hate groups are really evil. Is that about it?

The Answer:
Cheerios is number 1. Next is Frosted Flakes and then Honey Nut Cheerios, Post Honey Bunches of Oats and Cinnamon Toast Crunch. In addition to Cheerios and Frosted Flakes some of the other favorites still pulling their net weight are Captain Crunch, Lucky Charms, Trix, Corn Pops, Coco Pops, Rice Krispies Fruity Pebbles and Raisin Bran.

Food for Thought:

If pasta and anti-pasta can exist on the same table, maybe Israel and Palestine can do so in the Middle East tangle of spaghetti.

No comments:

Post a Comment