Today's Tids Issue 2,759
Opening Stuff:
 
The Center for Science in the Public Interest has managed to coerce Taco Bell into stopping a commercial that the group says was unfair to vegetables. I'm not making this up. First, any group that includes in its name the words "For the Public Interest", is probably as dangerous to common sense as the ACLU. Second, what kind of wusses run Taco Bell. Third, I thought it was Funny. Fourth, vegetarians have no sense of humor. Just watch them someday examine a carrot, or bunch of broccoli.

For the past couple of days people I meet have been gleefully asking me if I'm looking forward to the warm, near 60 degree day, today. I say sure, if you like warm, muggy, rainy weather in January. If you like watching your potato chips go limp and the soda in your garage get hot. Yeah, I tell them, I'm going to have a great day sitting around looking at snacks getting soggy while drinking warm diet coke, while the rain falls on what would be a better than average golf day.

The Question:
Who do you think are the Top Ten Best Young (Under 29) Actors and Actresses. I usually look for several lists and combine them logically, when I think of these "Q's". And I always get disagreements with the answers.

The Headlines:
--US Economy Shrinks In Fourth Quarter; Consumer Spending Up Over Fourth; Business Spending Up Over Summer Tail-off.
--Consumer Confidence Index Falls To Lowest level In 15 Months; Peole Concerned Over Effect Of Increased FICA.
--Israel Hits Convoy On Syria-Lebanon Border; Defensive Action Over Concerns Over Chemical Weapons.
--Merkel Asks Mursi To Open Dialogue With Critics.
--New Blackberry Intro Has RIM Stock Up 4%.
--Obama Echoes Long Time Sentiment Of Republicans On Immigration Reform; Looks To Take Personal Credit For Bipartisan Work Of Senate.
--Retailers In 40 States Can Now Add 4% Extra When Consumers Pay By Credit Card; Does Not Apply To Debit Card Purchases.
--Texas Gov. Perry To Give Excess Funds Back To Taxpayers.

How come so many criminals actually look like the images I have in my mind of what criminals are supposed to look like.

There is this gigantic world of "Sports Medicine" out there that is as far away from my comprehension as Uranus.

Some readers probably think I'm losing my mind. But I'm just losing my patience. Often extreme anxiousness over the irrationality of government actions manifests itself in the appearance of general insanity.

While Hilary begins her 2016 Presidential campaign taking bows for Secretary of Sate accomplishments at a series of softball interviews, Russia announced that it was scrapping a law enforcement deal with US. Putin in a Twitter said, "We are saying farewell to our dependence on 'Power No. 1'." Did the Hill forget to tell Putin what 0-Man was going to do after he was elected. Has Hilary made the world safer.

Is their anything more disheartening than a large round black spot on the garage floor under your car ?

I have the new FX TV cold war drama series, The American's, marked clearly in my calendar. It starts tonight. Just so long as they don't make it a kumbaya spy tale, taking the evil out of the spies.

Before drafting college players, the NFL has all prospects take the Wunderlic Cognitive Ability Test. This is a test many other companies employ before hiring. I suggest that all potential local, state and national office seekers take this test so that their employers, us the people of the USA, know what they are getting. Makes sense to me.

You have to love these HS  kids who are protesting having to take a test before being permitted to graduate; A test that might indicate if they actually learned anything. National educators want a pipeline from the US Treasury to the NEA, but too many don't want know if the money is working. Including some kids who feel entitled.

The Conscience: Chapter 14.
   Angelica and I had a productive talk after we got past the mutual accusations. I shook the ice drink in my hand, and took a comforting swig. I earned this one, and it felt better than ever. I think Angelica was as concerned as I over the deal. Maybe more-so, since I am but a mere interloper for cold hard cash, and she  and her family have personal stake in everything going smoothly for both sides. 
   Let's see, I have lots of money. Should I empty the liquor bar or start using it to find answers. I'll start out being morally responsible. That should be a unique journey. I picked up the phone and called Jason. His beautiful gate minder answered, and my mind entered into fantasyland. "Hello, hello..." I heard. I came back.
    "Oh, sorry...what's your name?" She didn't answer probably thinking it was probably some weirdo who followed her to the gatehouse from the bus stop. I got serious "This is Jeff Morgan, remember me?".
   "Oh sorry, Mr. Morgan," she brightened up considerably. That's a good sign. "You can't be too careful after the explosion, you know. My name is Ginny. I suppose you want Jason, I mean Mr. Stevenson."
   "You read my my mind well, Ginny."
   "I'm not sure I want to," She answered with that smile you can sense over a the phone. and then clicked off.
   "Hi, Jeff. What did you discover after our last talk?"
   "Not much, other than I think she was not happy with a explosion that would sidetrack our talks."
   "You could be right." I heard a lot of dead air. "It's very depressing here, so I appreciate the interruption. What do you need."
   "I need more information. What's with this simmering hatred? What do you now about the company? Basically I need to talk before I start wandering around this city."

:The Answer
#10 is Kirsten Dunst. The rest in order down to #1 are Jonah Hill, Scarlett Johanssen, Anne Hathaway, Shia LeBouff, Michael Cera, Seth Rogan, Ellen Page, Jesse Eisenberg and Keira Knightly. Honorable Mentiosn go to Emma Watson, Jamie Bell, Emily Blunt, Paul Dano, Emile Hirsch, Anna Kendrick and Daniel Radcliff. Others may include, Dakota Fanning And Abigail Breslin emerging from youth roles. Also Emma Stone and just over thirty stars Hayden Christianson, Chris Evans, Ben Foster, Ryan Gosling, Jake Gyllenhaal, Brice Howard, Michael Pitt, Natalie Portman, and Elijah Wood. So, after reading all of these lists, I'm asking myself where is Jennifer Lawrence who at 22 has won at least as many acting awards as any listed above? Weird, huh? And, she's funny, too.

Usually, The Tids doesn't award its "Chortler of the Year" trophy to women. But after watching SoS Clinton in action at her campaign trail appearances, our board of cynics have decided that she wins it hands down.