New Years Tids
The Stuff:
 
Well, the store's are mainly closed, and there's no local daily newspaper...but we still have all of those great Bowl games! / What? / All the big bowl games aren't on New Years Day? / January 7? / Rats!

Yesterday I climbed down the snow covered rocks to the flat by the ocean edge near the last tip of land in RI. It was extreme low tide. It was a quiet day. Not a soul to be seen or heard, Just the lapping of gentle waves; Followed by the trickling of the icy water back to the sea. I jumped from rock to rock, or as well as I can jump any more. I felt a sense, a feeling that I was being watched. Eyes following my every move on tis vacant, winter's desolate part of earth. My heart seemed  to stop momentarily as I looked up at empty homes; homes buttoned up for the winter. I turned to go back to where I had started, still sensing the eyes riveted to my every motion. As my head swung towards the return direction, casting across the ocean horizon, my eyes caught the eyes. A seal sitting on a rock, 30-40 feet from the waterline. Watching me, my every move. Almost as if smiling at a human enjoying the loneliness as he. I wanted to stay there for hours.

Now they want our applause. Yes, our august admin and lawmaking bodies want to be applauded for coming up with a mediocre solution to the so-called cliff problem they created in the first place. But that is what US Government has come to, isn't it -- scurrying to save themselves from each other. And then shouting, "Look what we're doing for you!"

Tids New Years resolution: Put in more creativity. More surprises. New features. More continuity to the daily novel segments. Better spelling. Well, maybe I shouldn't go crazy!

Happy New Year Everybody! Take a slow walk in a quiet place.