Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, May 2, 2013

What do you call a spittoon in a wine bar?


Today's Tids Issue 2,826
Opening Stuff:
 
People choosing cremation over traditional burials shows thinking outside the box.

I think I'm not liking the fact that all of this terrorism has Americans picking security over privacy. But then, that is the objective of terrorism, isn't it? Make people live in fear and do irrational things. Maybe the Islamists hate America because there are not enough insane riots in the streets. They just don't like happy, contented peple.

BTW, you got two 4/30 Tids for Monday and Tuesday, in case you were confused. Heads will roll. Hey wait a minute, that might be insensitive to our radical Islamist pals.

The Question:
If April Flowers bring May flowers, what do May flowers bring? Bonus: What are four of the top threats to financial stability?

The Headlines:
--May Day Rally In Seattle Turns Violent.
--New Jobless Claims Fall; Surprising Reduction May Be More Of An Indicator Of Seasonal Activity Than Improvement in Jobs Market.
--Chicago Fund Raiser Penny Pritzker Nominated To Be Next Commerce Secretary;
--Iraq Killings Continue to Mount; April 2013 Deadliest Since June 2008.
--US Citizen Kenneth Bae Sentenced To 15 Years Hard Labor In North Korea; May Be Ploy To Get High Level Meeting With US.
--Bangladesh Death toll Climbs To 430; More Arrests Expected.

American Idol Department: I think that Amber will be going home. It's too bad because she has been steadily improving until last night. It's too bad, I enjoy her calm confident deliveries. I think she could be a winner in the real world over time. Candice was the big winner last night and Kree probably came in second. I'm beginning to think that the voters don't understand Kree and gravitate to the more showbiz performances of Angie. So, that will probably put Angie in the top two with Candice.

The good listening CD of the day is Dvorak's Concerto for Cello and orchestra. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fF9zI33Oass

I'm much too short for cotton sweaters.

A local sportswriter wants to compare the coming out of NBA player Jason Collins with the heroic saga of Jackie Robinson. I don't think so.

The best value in America is the ubiquitous blue and silver tarp.

Historians have extra century perception.

I'm looking at two pictures on Yahoo News. One is of three dark skinned men in a line-up photo over the caption: "Mountain Dew commercial called "Most Racist Commercial Ever". The second photo is of three dark skinned men over the caption: FBI releases photo of three men wanted in Benghazi investigation.

Hey, Blago could have been US Commerce Secretary!

American Families it appears have finally figured out that Prom costs are whackily out of control. More and more it seems are saying "Are you nuts!" to requests for more dough for the prom show.

 The Conscience: Chapter 19 continues.
   I watched the older Bigliettos get up and walk back through the secret door in the panal behind Angelica's desk. Hmm, Sanna seems to be leaning against Earnesto as she walks, which was not as graceful as she appears when sitting . Earnesto grabbed and squeezed her arm seeral times. I looked up and saw Angelica staring at me as I studied her mother. I couldn't tell whether her expression was good or bad. "So, we meet them at lunch," I said to loosened up the room. I have been good at that lately, especially in bars. Her expression didn't change. She just took a quick glance back at the closing door.
   "Si," she said almost as if in a trance. "Why don't you wash up while I finish work here. I'll find you in the lobby." All of a sudden she snapped out of whatever she was in, "Wear a flower in your lapel!" She smiled, came around the desk and kissed me on the cheek. It felt warm and calming.  "So, how did you like my Mama and Papa?"
    "I liked them, but they were testing me I think." I'm thinking this is where I earn my money. The pressure of the $25K was growing heavier. They seemed worried , more than suspicious of me. "But, we will all get along, I am sure."
   "Yes, I think, we will become a team," she answered.

The Answer:
Why, of course, the answer is "The Pilgrims". Bonus: First the gorwing migration to "High Yield Bonds" where people looking for higher interest disregard risk. Second, emerging structural vulnerabilities in the $2.7 trillion Money Market Funds. Third, the growing fear of instability in Too Big To Fail Banks. And, Fourth, the old bugaboo that nobody does anything about, Fanny and Freddie. The fear is the continued growth of an already too large a footprint in the housing mortgage business. The push is on here for more private mortgage investment.

Oh yeah, and you call a spittoon in a wine bar -- grape expectoration

No comments:

Post a Comment