Today's Tids Issue 2,962
Opening Stuff!

Ok. Chefs overuse pimentos in cooking. "That's not profound". It is to pimentos who think they have a future.

"Obama to Allow Coverage Extension". Think about that headline of the day for a moment. A President is going to "allow" people to do what they had done all their lives by themselves without government interference.

It's nearly impossible to incorporate all of the available facts into a question or an answer to a question during a discussion, heated or casual. 

When you loose an email, you don't find it behind the couch.

The Question:
What are the Top ten selling vehicles in the USA for 2013?

The Headlines:
--Marines Killed In Camp Pendleton Accident Were Clearing Unexploded Ordinance.
--Yellen Says She Sees No Bubbles; David Stockman Counters, There Are Potential Bubbles Everywhere -- Junk Bonds, Stocks, Speculator Dominated Housing Market.
--ObamaCare Website Coordinator Chao Suspected In July That Site Would Crash.
--House Repubs Introducing Articles Of Impeachment Against AG Holder; Accusations Will Include Lying To Congress And Failure To Uphold Federal Law.
--Google Striving For Transparency But Strains Against "Overbearing Government" Trying To Keep It Opaque.
--Philippine Death Toll Jumps Higher; People Still Waiting For Aid.
--China To Loosen One Child Policy And Labor Camps.
--JP Morgan's London "Whale" Refuses Extradition To US.

I doubt if there is anything about JFK that we haven't seen, over and over again. Get ready for a giant dose of Kennedy sugar as the fiftieth anniversary of his death comes upon us. Frankly I grew to like Kennedy as a president, or at least as a comfortable entertaining lessor of the White House. But I don't need anything more about all of the hanger's on Kennedys. The mystique is over.

I always thought it was -- The people "allow" the president and congress to exist -- to serve their needs. Silly me.

An intelligent man last night tried to tell me that we if we ban cocaine, we should also think about banning sugar, because it causes cancer. Say what? I said to him. Whoa...How easy is that. All of these years people have been trying to discover the cause of cancer and in an instant I learn that all along it's been sugar. So I looked it up when I came home and found a Mayo Clinic site, Myths about sugar! Thank God for instant knowledge.

Is the cold, hard truth "Arcticles" of impeachment?

One of the big stories around here is about a rabid fox stalking a neighborhood. In the first article I read, it talked of a confrontation between the fox, a family pet and a human. Since the scenario was playing out near my daughter's home, I sent it to her as a friendly fatherly caring warning. She replied, "Dad, the family pet was 'Charlie' (Their dog) and the human whose pants were grabbed was a contractor working at our home!" You never know what your kids are doing. No matter how long you live.

There's a million stories in this world. If we think of something new and unusual there's a good chance that somebody somewhere has actually done it.

BTW...here's an update on the protesting Russian performance artist who nailed his genitals to the ground in the big Moscow square. Initially he had planned to drape the Kremlin in pink satin, until he saw that it would clash with "Red"! That's what really drove him over the edge. Aaaah, those temperamental artists.

The vast www is like the government -- you never know whether or not you are seeing the truth.

Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
--Only one movie -- The Best Man Holoiday - pops up this Friday. It is a contrived sequel to play off of the original fairly successful film starring Clarence Howard, Taye Diggs, Morris Chestnutand Harold Perrineau. It's another of those old friends getting together years later, this time during Christmas Holidays, and reigniting long forgotten rivalries an romances. You've been there. I'll pass.

The Conscience: Chapter 29 continues.
    "Tell me about Milton Washington, and," I paused for a second or two, "James Smith."
    "Is Mr. Smith, Milton's elusive partner?" I love the way she says Mister.
    "Yes."
    I don't know him, but I sense Sanna has a certain fear of him, which makes him pretty special."
   "Special, why is that?"
   "People fear Mom she doesn't fear anybody."
   "James seems reasonable to me."
   "You know Jams Smith?"
   "Just for a few days. Met him in meeting with Milton two days ago." That was before I went home to see Evvy, It was a great couple of days and when I left she told me how much she thought I had changed, how for the first time in years she actually enjoyed having me around. I hated leaving, and we stood there silently in each others arms for what seemed like hours. And, here I am now trying to sound witty and clever to a beautiful woman slightly more than half my age. No wonder I drink, I have no morals.
    "We like Milton," I heard her say as I interrupted that beautiful scene with my wife and the rationalization of my conscience. "He has been good for our company, and Grandfather loves him as a good friend."
     "We shoudl tak more about this when I get there later tonight. And your mother too. Like, Why do you think she has a guy like Bruno hanging around her all og the time?"
     "Since I was a little girl, I always had trouble understanding my mother so I don't ask questions or try to imagine why she does things. I just try to lead my own life, and talk mainly to grandfather." I looked up and saw my plane was loading.
   "Caio...I'll see you tomorrow! Hey!, I'm speaking Italian." I heard her laugh as I hung up and it felt good. What a creep I am.

The Answer:
Number one is a pick-up truck. Hey, number two is a pickup truck. So is #5. Yup, The Ford F-150, Chevvy Silverado LTZ and Dodge Ram 1500 had three of the top spots. Number 3 was the Toyota Camry followed by the Honda Accord at 4. #6 was Honda Civic and then Nissan Altima, Toyota Corolla, Honda CRV and Ford Escape.

I'm going to try to do something intelligent this weekend.

Happy Weekend e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y!