Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, January 11, 2014

I'm not getting off this world, I'm making it work.

Today's Tids Issue 2,997
Opening Stuff:
Happy New Year, e-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y! Thanks for listening the past 12 months. Sorry if I roiled some stomachs, but hopefully I gave you more opportunities to smile than to reach for the bottle of Rolaids. It's a world that's becoming more difficult for this mind to understand. Yet I'm finding most of the befuddlement is stuff I don't, and will never really need. I do know that of all the people I meet or know or just talk to, 99% of them are basically just like each other. Most people just want love to prevail and cheer the good fortune of others. Hey, we have flaws. I know I certainly know what flaws are all about. I look at them as a daily challenge. So enjoy this annual changeover, and kick ass in 2014!

Let's face it, the only problem with a blizzard descending upon the New Jersey Superbowl would be the cancellation of the half time show. More often than not, that would be a Godsend!

The Question:
Who was the star of the show, "Stop the world, I want to get off."? What was the big hit song of the show?

The Headlines:
--Markets Up; Gold Slides, On Track For Biggest Loss In 3 Decades.
--China Planning Increase In Iran Oil Imports.
--Putin Vows To "Annihilate" Terrorists,
--Rocky Mountain High Begins Today; Colorado Opens Retail Pot Ops.
--MSNBC Host Ridicules Black Child Adopted By Romney.
--Assad Urges Fight Against Saudi Religious Ideology.
--Americans Rate Hill and "0" Most Admired; Psychiatrists Called In To Ease National Trauma.

I think I have solved the mysterious problem of beached whales. Body surfing! Like us, these intelligent mammals just can't resist a good wave. They just don't have legs to help them back in.

Is the NY times whitewash of Benghazi a Hillary thing? That's the big question emanating from the Times investigative report supporting the original bad video explanation. The Benghazi mess is all about Hillary, who also is certainly a darling of the Times. Of course the Presidential candidate in favor would immediately reverse course from a manic, "What difference at this point does it make" to "Hah, ha, ha...I told you so". The chortler is back! There's probably little the Grey Lady would like better than the Clinton woman as 1st female Precedent, I mean President.

When I think of the possibility of an Obama followed by a Hillary I find it hard to type President with a capital "P". 

RI's population is up 1,201. Let's just hope it isn't people who came here for our superior welfare benefits. The US population is up .71%, and most of the intelligent migration is to states that have good jobs. Unfortunately up here in the land that used to be the word leader in manufacturing, the migration is all too often for free stuff.

A reader yesterday said I must "Love Obama" after he read my comments about a good leader making the comfortable nervous. Some might think I was thinking of the comfortable rich. I had in mind all who are comfortable in ways that are not contributory to everybody. It could be the head of a museum or Public Employee Union officials. Or, some old  geezer who doesn't think he has to change with the world around him. There are leaders who make everybody around them uncomfortable because they have no clue, only rhetoric and political ambitions. I guess I should have been clearer, because it does take guts to walk in, like Gina Raimondo or Alan Fung here, and upset the apple carts of those not contributing to the broader spectrum of their own general society. I guess I forgot the leaders who make people feel uncomfortable because they disregard the greater good, or the significance, for instance, of the US Constitution and greatness of the past.

The Answer:
What a negative idea stopping the world because I don't want to deal with it...instead of what can I do to help the old globe keep on spinning. The star was Anthony Newley and he brought down the house singing "What kind of fool am I?".

"What kind of man is this?
An empty shell-
A lonely cell in which
An empty heart must dwell:

Check it out, and Happy New Year... and live it with love in your hearts.

No comments:

Post a Comment