Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, April 26, 2014

Expectations.

Today's Tids Issue 3,075
Opening Stuff:
 
I don’t know about you, but I’ve noticed over the years that often  Good Friday is gray. Skies seem darker. Why don’t they call it Bad Friday, anyhow? The culmination of the worst sins of society, lying, weakness, greed sent a good man to his death by the ugliest of means. Of course it is Good, because it fulfills the promise of God to save all people from themselves. Bad is good because, “For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.” So that’s good. And there’s always warm sun  above the clouds of gray. That’s one thing we know for sure.
 
I say, enough! I have seen way too much of the paparazzi focusing cameras upon the faces of intensely grieving relatives of those consumed by tragedy. Back off. Give them their private moments. There are so few of those left in this new world.
 
I’m all for making solid dark chocolate bunny ears the official symbol of Easter. Yes, I am a sinner with immense human frailties and need redemption. But, Dark chocolate bunny ears! Zowie!
 
The Question:
Name the people who stood near The Cross when Jesus uttered, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit”?
 
The Headlines:-
--Christians Pause For Three Hours To Contemplate The Crucifixion.
--Mount Everest Avalanche Kills Up To 30 At Climber Base Camp.
--Putin Poised To Send In Troops.
--Captain Of Korean Ferry Not On Bridge At Time Of Sinking.
--7.5 Quake Hits Mexico Near Acapulco.
--Markets Idling In Advance Of Weekend.
 
Did you read the story yesterday about the Australian 21 year old, decent looking “me First” style woman who hit a bike rider while texting? He was in the hospital for three months with a broken back. When contacted she said, “I don’t care. You should see the dents in my nice car.” Sounds like the world has more Golden Calfs than ever before.
 
Tonight we learn whether the Boston Bruins are just a great season long team or a formidable play off contender too. They have a good to great goalie, four excellent lines, strength up te center and I think an excellent coach. The Gaaahdin will be jumpin tonight. But Detroit, the underdog, beat them 3 out of 4 this year.
 
The Easter season has become a field day for Anti-Christian rants by Atheists. I guess the momentous reality of this weekend is just too much for their guilt.
 
How eerily scary is it to read that Russian Separatists in Ukraine have issued an order requiring all Jews to register and enumerate all of their assets.
 
More and more Washington DC is like “Through the looking glass”, where regular humans who are elected enter into a world that is not reality. They immediately start speaking gibberish with a straight  face and lose all sense of rationality.
 
Maybe the Clinton's are losing their political edge. In the past they would have told Chelsea to hold on with the pregnancy thing until her mother’s campaign was in full operational mode. I guess there’s hope for everybody.
 
There is something about Hunter sailboats I have never liked. Maybe it’s because of one particularly bothersome hull design that set me upon a misguided course. You just can’t put everything and more important, everybody into the same basket.
 
Our congressman Ciciline commenting on requiring Ukraine Jews to resister: “We can’t allow intimidation of citizens for any agenda” – You mean like the IRS intimidating Tea Party organizations?
 
At least the so-called “robber barons” of the early 1900’s contributed something to the broader growth of the country.
 
With all of this talk of divisiveness and how we all have to get back together again, I have one place to start – get rid of Harry Reid.
 
Sorry I’m late. I was attacked by a dog and needed a tetanus shot. I don’t think atheists liked what I wrote about them.
 
Reading Between the Lines Movie Reviews:
Transcendence could have been a cool movie, but the Director heavy handed it. It’s about a dying genius who’s brain is uploaded into a massive computers. The computers starts thinking for itself and wracks havoc. I guess they forgot to upload ethics and morality. I’ll probably see it anyhow.
 
The Answer:
A centurion on guard and several soldiers remained along with his mother, Mary Magdalene, James and John. Also there were Joseph of Arimathea and Nicodemus.
 
Happy Easter E-v-e-r-y-b-o-d-y! It’s always a special day.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment