Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Celebs don’t leave softly.

Today's Tids Issue 3,092
Opening Stuff:
 
Up til yesterday, only God and Google carried along the sins of your past forever. And, of course God would allow you to confess your sins and have them absolved for a fresh start. But Google, what you did bad was available in the bowels of Google forever – your bad rep, eternal. Until yesterday, when in Europe a court said that Google must allow people to erase a bad past. There’s hope that the idea will migrate to America. So in the future it will only be God who knows, and God is kind.
 
I think that the comic strip “Shoe” today hit “Bingo about the current state of much of society when in the strip the US Senator was asked if he was going to read his bible for inspiration, and he answered, “No, for loopholes”.
 
The Tea Party won the Republican primary in Nebraska last night. Some will say it is an aberration, not a re-strengthening of the TP, because so far the establishment candidates have been winning most of the primaries in other states. But careful analysis shows what is really happening is that the establishment candidates who are winning are more like the Tea Party candidates of the last election, more right of center and almost uniformly in tune with Tea Party key conservative objectives. What the Repub generals are doing is trying to field “better” candidates who appeal to the broader masses and also the affirmed Tea Party supporters. They don’t want another loss like the one that should have been a win in Nevada against Harry the questionable. A Repub takeover of the Senate will not only be a Repub takeover of that upper house, but a more conservative than before Repub body too. How important is that as conservative Justices get older?
 
Yesterday the stock market geniuses were praising the new record, while saying the economy is still in the doldrums. Saying that the reason why the market is booming beyond realistic valuations is because there is no other prodcutive place in which to put money. Is this supposed to make me feel good?
 
The Question:
What do you think are considered the Top ten fashion brands for women who want to look up to date with current styles?
 
The Headlines:
--Turkish Coal Mine Blast Kills 238; 100 Men Trapped.
--Dow Off New High’s Of Yesterday; The Old Average Is up 2 ½ Times From Low Point After Recession.
--White House Urging Easing Of Mortgage Regulations To Stimulate The Housing Industry; Uh-Oh.
--90 In Miami Arrested For Defrauding Medicare Of $240,000,000.
--Iran Giving North Korea Technical Information On Nuclear Development.
--US Says It Doesn’t Care About Biden Son’s Involvement With Ukraine Gas Beery Operation.
--Russia Hints It may Not Continue To Cooperate With US On International Space Station.
--Nigeria May Ask For More US Involvement.
 
There’s rumor in the Tids press room that Barbara Walters will exit the stage after an interview with herself!
 
I personally don’t like Karl Rove. And yesterday we saw a reason why politics needs to rid itself of consultants like him. Of course he quickly backtracked from his previous words saying that “Hillary has Brain damage”. But what a stupid thing to say. How does a party retain integrity with the voting public when party spokes people make up stuff. Frankly I hate the way Rove attacks just as I hated the Dems vitriol against George Bush. I drop support for any candidate who manipulates false negative descriptions of opposition. Hey…I may not have any candidates left at all!
 
If you lose your integrity, what do you really have left.
 
So now, where does “Person of Interest” go next year? Yikes! I have to say though, last night most scenes were so dark that I could tell who was shooting whom.
 
Did the White House ever pause to think that the housing market may have been overbuilt during the “anybody-with-a-pulse-can-sign” years? And that is the reason why then industry is slow to return. Stimulation has to be based on something real or the economy will eventually stumble and more people will be hurt again. And that includes the poor folks who took advantage of loose lending rules. Actually, liberal housing lending is a great way to equalize wealth. False markets make those savers who always played by the rules much, much poorer when the markets implode. Changing the rules reduces striving by those eager to be able to afford a home, and weakens the basic economic structure for everybody else…except traders who make a living playing it.
 
I avoid all stores that have more than ten flavors of Hummus or five flavors of guacamole. You have to have thus little rules of thumb to guide you through the assaults to your rigid, unwavering rules of nourishment.
 
There’s no truth tho the rumor that when Jimmy Haslam owner of beleaguered Cleveland Browns was asked about the $58 Million deal for cornerback Joe Haden, he replied, “Cornerback? I thought they said quarterback”.
 
The Music Shows Scene:
--As predicted in the Tids, the remaining three on The Voice are Josh Kaufman, Jake Worthington and Christina Grimmie. It just illustrates to you how big the “Country” voting block is, as Jake received the 2nd highest vote total. But, he is likable and sings stuff a lot of people can understand. There’s a lot to be said about tapping your toe and humming. I thought Kirsten had great chance to stay after the sing-off. She has a great smile, and quite an amazing voice. Personally, I thought Shakira did her a disservice by implying everybody should vote for her because she is a Lesbian.
 
Or maybe, Barbara will be interviewed by Derek Jeter as the swansong.
 
One of the main reasons I never eat fruit is because it smells weird.
 
Never eat turkey burgers or egg and turkey sausage sandwiches while driving. The Melatonin can put you to sleep at the wheel.
 
Just to be clear, Turkey probably doesn’t put you to sleep after the Thanksgiving dinner. It is more like the Wine…or dessert that knocks you out. Or just eating way too much, as it has been proven that stretching the intestine does produce drowsiness. Really. Also, there is some evidence that turkey based chemicals like tryptophan which advances the production serotonin, but not the sleep aid melatonin, could for some be a culprit. But one thing for sure, you will never see fruit flies flying around a turkey. 1st: Turkey is not fruit. 2nd: tryptophan puts fruit flies to sleep. Aren’t you all happy you woke up long enough to read the Tids.
 
How come the averages that tend to trumpet Wall Street’s success don’t translate to me?
 
I still don’t want turkey sausage on my sausage, egg n’ cheese breakfast sandwich on a biscuit. BTW, the only reason I went to Dunkin’ Donuts is because they serve breakfast sandwiches all day long. But, last week when I went I discovered they slipped in an egg white mess into my sandwich making if tasteless. So, now what?
 
The Conscience: Chapter43 continues.
   “You are a god damned Yankee piece of shit.” She looked at me, now with that ugly grin. The anger in her eyes; eyes which ow looked down at the gun in her hand, her steady hand just out beyond her stomach. I didn’t say anything. But, for some reason, I wasn’t scared either. Is it because I want to accept my fate to atone for my past weakness. Or did I have some genius rescue plan in the back of my mind. I waited. Nothing came forward. No big idea.
    “I’m sorry that this little deal won’t work out. It would have been sweet for the Columbian family that raised me. A family of men with real balls. Do you know what they are, Jeffery, you pussy?” Keep talkin’ I thought. I smiled back, a smile that said like, you don’t scare me. I didn’t thick she got it. She raised the gun.
      I heard running in the hallways behind her, her eyes moved to her right. Out of nowhere my left hand extended and in one sweeping motions knocked the gun from her grasp. Her eyes refocused on me, then the gun ten feet away on the marble floor; Back to me, now not appearing so confident. I lunged forward, and hit her with my shoulder knocking her backward. He long heel caught on the edge of the faux bushy garden, and she reeled backwards down, her head crashing into a large craggy faux rock. I stared. And my past returned.
 
The Answer:
Like many opinion lists, the following could have many detractors. Starting at Ten we have Victoria’s Secret. The rest moving up to #1 are Anne Taylor, J. Crew, Banana Republic, Old Navy, Macy’s, Nordstrom, Forever 21, Target and number 1 on several lists I saw – H&M. If you have some bucks, these are the ten top “Expensive” brands: Fendi, Guess, Valentino, Dior, Vesace, Armani, Prada, Dolce & Gabbana, Chanel and Gucci. Check em’ out at Marshalls and TJ Maxx.
 
A local liberal columnist this morning said that Liberals have more fun. I guess like everything else in this world, it all depends on who’s doing the defining.
 
So, I bid Barbara Walter a fond farewell. She always put me sound asleep with her interview programs. Barbara “Better than Melatonin” Walters, we’ll miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment