Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Saturday, May 24, 2014

Sometimes I feel weak, and then I see the courage of the strong.

Today's Tids Issue 3,098
Opening Stuff:
 
You have to love 15 year old Deborah Peter. We read and we hear through the minds of those who report, but we really don’t know. The girl, speaking before Congress, brought home the reality of a life Americans don’t, and I hope will never know. Deborah’s father refused to denounce the Christian God in trade for his life, and was shot by Islamists. She watched in horror as her brother was also shot. People have been named saints for less than this martyrdom of a man who stood strong for his God telling his murderers that he “Couldn’t deny his faith”>. Deborah Peter said, “I want the world to understand what happened to me. I hope the kidnapped Chibok girls will take courage from my story, and know more of what God says, and know what it means to satnd strong in the face of bad people.” All you had to do is look into those soulful, encouraging eyes on that beautiful face. And wonder, what would I do?
 
“I used to eat a lot of Natural foods until I learned that most people die of Natural causes.”
 
That piece of logic was sent in by another of your brilliant fellow readers. It’s called a “Ponderism”, and you can bet you’ll be seeing a few more sprinkled throughout today. I have used ponderisms in the past, but this batch contains a few new and fresh looks at our world trough questioning sarcastic eyes, like “Life is sexually transmitted.”
 
The Question:
What do you think are the names of these celebrities yachts: Tiger Woods, Humphry Bogart, Yacht of 9 Presidents, Saddam Hussein, Ari Onassis, Robert Wagner.
 
The Headlines:
--North Korea Launches Mssile Against South Korea Ship; SK Ship Fires Back.
--New Jobless Claims Rise To 326K; US Econoimic Growth Slows To Minus .36% In April From Plus .34 In March.
--Putin Signs deal With China That Makes Russia The Largest Gas Supplier.
--In Bloodless Coup, Thailand Military V=Chief Gen. Prayuth Chan0ocha; Curfew Imposed On People.
--Syrian al-Qaida Reach foothills Of Israel Cntrlled Golan.—Nancy Names Five Dems To GOP Led Benghazi Probe.
--31 Killed In Latest Market Mauling In China; Government Blames Muslim Separatists.
--NFL Expected To Add Two More Games To Playoff Sched; Fans Can Expect to Watch teams With Losing Records.
 
Well, the very ordinary American Idol season culminated with the selection of a very ordinary shouter, Caleb Johnson. I was underwhelmed by the talent from the beginning and rarely looked forward to any body’s singing, except occasionally Jessica Meusse. Even Alex, a very talented guy, I dismissed because I just got tired of what he did to the songs he sang. That means he sang once to accolades and then I got bored with the same-ole’. The rest were all below average and one, CJ Harris, just plain couldn’t sing. So, an average rocker won out over a talented young lady (She could play the piano) who was also basically a shouter. Guess what I’m not looking forward  to next year?
 
While we’re on these talent reality shows, the producers just gotta stop creating faux disputes between judges. And, commenting on performances of singers or dancers that have been around six or seven shows just becomes repetitive. Stopit! And, I have just one word for Nick Cannon – “Recede”.
 
Actually, the bloom is off the reality talent show rose. The ratings for The Voice, and yes, even Dancin’ are falling at a consistent pace. It was a pretty good run, and quite often look-forward-to reliable entertainment. But, Howdy Doody got tedious too.
 
Children are always a reminder of the love two people have had for each other. Except of course in various professional sports leagues.
 
So, do you think the EuroCountries are wondering if there will be any gas left after China starts sucking on the big pipe.
 
Is Prince Charles the “Don Sterling of Britain? In an “Unguarded” moment the heir to the throne was heard as you probably know comparing Putin to Hitler. Obviously, that caused new tensions between hhe two countries and the top Russian diplomat is on his way to London. So, you never know do you. Somebody may be listening to a private conversation, no matter where it appears you are having it alone. Frankly, I find myself looking around and over my shoulder more ofen…not that I would ever utter a disparaging remark.
 
“Healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.”
 
I believe we’ve said it here in the past couple of days, but here is an official observation about the lessons learned from Tuesday’s Primaries: The Tea Party is losing battles but winning the war. The Clintons can be beaten. Mitch McConnell is a fierce competitor and the negativity of primary campaigns can come back to haunt candidates in the real thing.
 
“If Jimmy cracks corn and nobody cares, why is there a song about him?”
 
I have to figure that corporations have been robbing Peter to sustain Paul as the key strategy for maintaining earnings at solid acceptable rates. But there comes a time when Peter’s gone fishin’ and that may be around now. For quarters now, analysts have been expecting a dip mainly because the economy is so slow that keeping up earnings begins to become an impossibility. It’s like that old bird that flies in ever declining concentric circles until it flies up you know where. Now, for years, I have been warning of the financial dangers surrounding the 17th of July, and it appears this could be one of those times when the warning becomes the fact. Most companies in their just completed 1st Q reports predicted future earnings at a lower rate than analysts expectations. It will be bad in Q2, unless we can get Paul to lower his expectations and Peter has a surprisingly good catch in a rapidly depleting pond. Or, exaggerates the size of his fish.
 
The Conscience: Chapter 44.
      After the criminal investigators were finished with their scene, and the Detective in charge, David Hamilton, had asked everybody questions, and especially me, the  Killer, Eliot Wu suggested we all go back to his office. Detective Hamilton said he’d be back to me.
      James walked slowly with me. “Think of what we could have prevented if we had acted like men back then.”
    “ You mean me, James.”
     “No, I mean both of us. If I remember correctly, and I doubt if I will ever forget, it was I who said, “I gotta go mista. White men get mad when they see little black boys next to dead white girls”. Jeffery. I ran like hell. But all of the time I knew I should have stayed.”
      I decided not to argue the point about who was the biggest scarety-cat. It was obviously me. We walked in silence to the office, both not in the present; both back in a 1957 night with Fats, Chuck and Little wailing in the background. Those eyes are still there just like they were a couple of hours ago.
      We walked in, and there was ole’ Jason sitting at his desk just like he was when I first came down month ago. Eliot was walking over to him, probably wondering why Jason was in his seat. I went right to the bar. You don’t recover from being and alcoholic for 30 years in two hours, no matter what was lifter off your back. I drank a full glass of scotch for equilibrium, and then poured a second full glass for sipping. I turned and saw Angelica standing behind me.
       “She was my mother.” She looked at me with that beautiful coolness of hers. I was ready for anything she was about to say. “I understand.” She leaned up and kissed me on the cheek. “You can pour me a glass of wine.”
       She must be in shock, I thought.
 
“Why does the Ob-Gyn leave the room when women undress to prepare for the examination?”
 
The Answer:
In researching this Q I came across some amazing yachts, some bordering on small crusie liner. Ok. “Privacy” is the name of Woods boat while “Santana” is Bogart’s (Now being restored here in RI). “Sequoia was the yacht of 9 presidents and  Ari’s was “Christina”. Saddam’s beautiful “Al Mansur” was bombed out of the water. Natalie wood died off of Wagner’s yacht “Spendour” Actually, I only asked this question so I could practice spelling Yacht.
 
There are days when you think you totally run out of things to do, but only discover that there’s always something. So, I’m off on a mission to discover what it is. I hope it isn’t washing windows.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment