Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, April 28, 2015

America: The Willy-Nilly era.



Today's Tids Issue 3,322
Opening Stuff:

The Baltimore situation has been reported to death. The only observation I make is that there seems to have been created a new environment of acceptance for unruly protests in America; An apparent organized agreement on a new Bogeyman called the police, with nary a national figure at the top coming to the side of the men and women who risk lives daily to protect the streets from thuggery, murder and theft. It is te quiet Americans who should be taking to the streets.

RI is on the fast track towards moving from the recent Medical marijuana approval to general every day get high approval. Duh! What a surprise. But, all of a sudden some concerned groups are starting get a piece of the stage, asking questions like “What about Marijuana Psychosis for 12 to 18 year olds” who get trapped in the peer competition. Much of the purpose of this movement, other than appeasing so many who like a joint, is to reduce jaoiltime for users. So, reduce jail time, But don’t put kids in jeopardy.

I don’t read books, because when I write my great American novel I don’t want to be subject to accusations of plagiarism.

Uh-Oh, Financial gurus are starting to mutter the words, “Market Correction”. Translated to English, that means, “Death to the individual investor”.

The Question:
A new report lists the Top Ten Wealthiest and Top Ten Poorest states based on Median Household Income. Name them.

The Headlines:
--New Mud Slides Smother Nepal Rescue Efforts; Death toll Rising Towards 5,000.
--Apple Sales Soaring As IPhone Sales Rock; Stocks On Edge Ahead Of Fed Meetings; Consumer Confidence Levels Drop In April; Profit Reports Mixed.
--Supreme Court To Hear Arguments On Gay Marriage; Ginsburg Already In “Yes” Column For SS Marriages.
--Officials Perplexed As Baltimore Thugs Take To The Streets.
--SC Throws Out ObamaCare Contraception Ruling That had Favored Admin; Sends Case Back To Cincinnati US Circuit Court Of Appeals.
--GW Bush Rips Obama Over Middle East Policies.
--Ukraine Rebel Activity Picking Up Again.
--Congratulations To Cole Junior High School In East Greenwich RI Which Produced 7 Of The Top 9 French Students Among 23,000 taking A Test Nationally.

One of the truisms of Family Life is that daughters will always try to keep their dad’s clothes fashionable and up to date with society. The operative word here is “Try”.

The Voice last night…what did I get from the voice last night? I tell you, I got a lot of stuff that didn’t thrill me like I’ve been thrilled before. Personally I liked Hannah Kirby’s act, probably because I like “We don’t need another hero”…and the dancing singing kids were great. The rest blended together to me. Now Kimberly sounded pretty perfect, added some nice drama, but to a song that left me stone faced. India, a powerful singer, didn’t seem to hit all the notes, and her closing attempts at cleverness were strained. Joshua is a really good singer in a narrow arena. His melodies are mind numbing at times as he becomes more like James Taylor with a little more emotion. Sawyer, also a great singer, is centered in the folk area too and has trouble breaking away. But, I still always look forward to him and never find his performances lacking. But still…he is in a bit of a rut. I think Meghan is very good singer, but Beatles’ music just seems so old anymore. Corey Kent tried to step it up and for a moment he appeared to have made it just as drifted off. I have been touting Koryn, and last night shed showed her power again, but I’m just not sure she is the greatest singer that ever stood before a mike. She is a popular favorite, though, now. Two more are gong tonight and you have to think that Hannah or Corey will be one. India may be the other. But, you never know about Joshua, who maybe wearing tin with the younger set. I would oust Corey who is inert to me and India who as a person I like a lot..

I’m probably not going to buy an Audi now. After watching that pretty terrible commercial about the smug, ”I’m bettered than you” kind of guy driving by through a puddle splashing muddy water upon admiring kids, it’s just not who I am.

I‘ve reached that stage in life where I rate doctors by the quality of the magazines in their office..

A kid broke the Rubic’s Cube record yesterday solving it in just 6 seconds. I spend 60 seconds looking at it, dumbfounded, and then give up. How does he do that?

You have to wonder how many kids wonder daily about what Mom did with their baseball cards, or Madam Alexander Dolls.

A new Pew Study shows that Union Membership continues to fall in the private sector, but not in the Public Sector where there should be no need for unions at all (Government writes the laws to protect workers so the Government workers should not need a union to help protect the worker from the law writer and enforcer.) While Union membership has fallen from highs of 35% in the Fifties, to about 11% now, the favorability opinion ratings among Americans have gone up. 45% say Unions have been bad for America, while 43% say they have been good. But now compared to five years ago, 48% have a favorable view versus 39%. But, the fact remains that Unions Corporate Executives need the jobs and income.

Isn’t Justice Ginsberg just like the perfect stereotypical liberal, “I know what I believe and I’m not interested in the facts, new or old.”

I don’t think I’m in the market for an Apple watch. Maybe some tome in the future I’ll decider for it.

The Answer:
Number One in highest household median income is Hew Hampshire. The rest are the Top ten in order are Connecticut, two seats of Government states – Virginia and Maryland, Colorado, Utah, Massachusetts, New Jersey, Hawaii and Alaska. The poorest starting at #10 are South Carolina followed by Tennessee, Kentucky, New Mexico, Alabama, North Carolina, Mississippi, West Virginia, Arkansas and Louisiana.

Mad Max Department:
May be we do need another hero. A reader sends these headlines from just this morning’s news:
--“Science Proves Welfare Discourages Employment.”
--“Lesbian Couple Awarded $135,000 From Bakery that Wouldn’t Make Wedding Cake…”
--“Clean Energy Loans Leave Taxpayers $2.2 Billion In Hole”.
--“Special Interests Neuter RI Voters.”

Tina Turner Department:


No comments:

Post a Comment