Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, July 28, 2016

Finding a comfortable place.




Today's Tids Issue 3,650
For Us:

I’m real tired of political harangues,
And all of those convention gangs.
So I thought I would explore my town
Just to see what was going down.
I drove my car to the Farmers market
And luckily found a place to park it!
There were organic greens, gluten free rices
And lots of tomatoes at prohibitive prices.
I heard music, fiddle, banjo, guitar strumming,
Soon I was smilin’, walking and humming.
Hell, I even tossed them my last single buck
It was far cheaper to watch this trio pluck.
Then as I gazed out through this rainbow prism,
Hey, they’re all “Berners”, employing raw capitalism.

Rats.

Obama keeps on telling us that the country is great. It is great…for progressives, who want to see a burgeoning government that eventually controls daily living through massive programs like ObamaCare or, yes, automated cars. I got to find a cave real fast, or better yet stand up and fight for dramatic change.

If you loved Mad Magazine as I did, you have to feel sad this morning for the passing of Jack Davis, 91. He was the artist for almost all of the great MM parodies, and the memorable portraits of Alfred E. Newman. If you read Mad, Jack was part of your life.

The PGA Championship starts this morning, and politics will be far down my list of interests for at least the next four days.

The Question:
A survey lists the “Most Overrated TV Shows of All Time”. These are popular shows and some even critically acclaimed, but the viewing audience thinks differently. Name the top ten.

The Headlines:
--Nadaq And S&P up, Dow Down 17; Stock Futures Looked Iffy; Investors Looking For Energy Rebound.
--Turkey Shuts Down 130 Media Outlets As A result Of The Coup.
--US Homeland Chief Says Lone Wolves Biggest Threat.
--North Korea Says US Sanctions Is Declaration Of War.
--Boeing Says World Needs 30,000 Pilots Per Year To Keep up With Travel Growth!
--Police Officer At Alexandria “Noodles” Restaurant refused Service.
--Veterans Administration Spent $20 Mil On Art As Vets Languished Wanting.

The comedians would have a field day if a Republican serial adulterer were to talk of his love affair with his wife.

The reality of the intolerant humorless left is that they are trying to convince people that Trump’s joke about Putin finding the 30,000 missing Hillary emails is news about a treasonous act. How farcical has our country become? Every sanctimonious commentator and political hack I have seen pontificating on this tongue in cheek utterance has entirely misquoted the words to fit the desired contempt. It is pathetic.

I believe that in most cases when writing prose, numbers should always be spelled out.

It’s about that smirky smile on the face of Hillary in that front page photo this morning that shows she and 0-Man hugging. “O” seems to be thinking, she will keep my legacy healthy, while she is knowingly considering the possibilities for her own legacy and how to keep Obama happy until after the election.

I see where the French government has banned bags from beaches, next thing you know they’ll ban bathing suits. Hey, wait a minute the French already don’t wear bathing suits, so, where do you hide an AK 47?

Word Department:
Yesterday I wrote about “Quixotism,” Romantic and impractical behavior. That’s me.

I’m not terribly impressed with Tim Kaine. And, that has nothing to do with my political leanings. In fact, based on what I had read I thought he would be an energy bar for Hilarious’s campaign, but now he looks like a bowl of dry cereal.

Trump’s Campaign Chairman Paul Manfort should be banned from speaking in public on any topic.

New FBI documents show that IRS Officials, including Lois Learner, knew that they were targeting conservative groups by 2011, 2 years before Congress got a whiff of it. So, how can you trust democrats about anything they say n this election?

The Answer:
According to a survey of critics fans and average people down by “Ranker” the best list generator, the show said to get far too much acclaim is Glee! Next are American Idol, Sex in the City, Two and a Half men, Desperate Housewives, Grey’s Anatomy, America’s next Top Model, Big Brother, Girls and The Voice. The Apprentice is #59, ncase you were interested.

There’s a place for us, known as the Conservative bus, It takes us where there’s logic used, and America’s principles are not abused. Somewhere, somewhere – There’s a place for beginnings, where the truth is still winning. Read the Tids and I’ll take you there, somewhere. Somewhere.

If you need it, I’ve recorded my humming the melody from West Side Story.

No comments:

Post a Comment