Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Monday, April 16, 2018

Gossip: Anticlimactic to Reality.



Today's Tids Issue 4,106
For greater depth:

The military performed to perfection, while the politicians stood in line to speak of superficial flaws. Most reasonable people, though, felt the US attack on Syria deadly gas installations gave people hope.

One thing I am learning after so many years is that you never can tell how somebody is suffering inside from their brave smiles on the outside.

But, does it taste good, Department:
Wandering through the grocery store we see labels like no gluten less salt, low in fat, more vitamins. But whatever happened to qualifiers like Scrumptious! Delicious! Tastes Great! Yum! I mean what could be better for you than Yum!

Muffins come and muffins go, but as far as I’m concerned, Thomas English are still always as good as it gets.

I think the most significant aspect of the Syria strike is that Russia did not launch defensive missiles.

I watched the incredible pain on the face of the CNN anchor as former CIA Director James Woolsey praised without reservation the attack on Syria. Biased question after biased question was answered with the truth, and the woman just could not understand it.

The Question:
Who did Albert Einstein say was the “Father of Modern Science”?

The Headlines:
--Markets Look To Open higher After Syria Bombing.
--7 Dead, 17 Injured In South Carolina Prison Riot.
--Dem Lead Slipping.
--In Book Promoting Gossip Laden Interview, Comey says Trump Morally Unfit, Bit Should Not Be Impeached. Uses Phrase “Possibly, I Don’t Know” Repeatedly.
--Pelosi Falsely Implies Mueller Was “Fired In Fundraising Plea.

Don’t be lax,
One more day
In which to pay,
Your GD tax.

I read where AI enthusiasts are seeing auto driven cars as great for the Blind. My immediate thought was ow uncomfortable would a blind person be, thinking nobody is actually driving this thing. But then, I remembered that how uncomfortable they must they feel knowing a human with frailties is in charge.

Did you notice that real estate listing website, Zillow, is going into the home flipping business? They have earmarked $75-250 Million to buy and flip houses in 90 days in Arizona and Las Vegas. My problem is, will they build to neighborhood standards or Zillow standards.

If I typed slower, I could actually get out the Tids faster. I spend close to half of my Tids prep time correcting typos. Often “Stream of Conscious” creative writing has its limitations.

Legal experts are saying Comey’s book could be a problem for Mueller. In other words, it will certainly increase the arsenal if all-around Trump haters while possible letting him off the Russia hook. Be careful of what you pray for.

As loud as Tchaikovsky is to some, it is hard to argue against the fact that some of his melodies are among the most beautiful ever written.

Yesterday the MLB teams played tribute to Jackie Robinson. I remember his first days well. My friends and I thought he was a great, exciting baseball player. Nothing more, nothing less.

Some things are inevitable and almost often is the result of over steamed fads. Craft beer is losing its appeal and sales are waning. As one person said, “When new beer producers try to get on the train with bad beer, everybody loses.”

The Answer:
Einstein though very highly of Galileo.

My favorite pizza place, Bertucci’s, is going bankrupt. I hate to start the week with bad news.

Have to run, Sorry. Something just came up. More tomorrow.





1 comment: