Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Tuesday, June 8, 2021

Beachfronts.


Today's Tids Issue 4,924

Heroes all:

 

Yesterday was D-Day, the reembrace of the most ambitious military strategy for the liberation of Europe and freedom of all. And today is the anniversary of the day after, with a dawning that revealed bloody sands and body foaling in unrelenting surf. Silent faces of mostly young men, mere boys with eyes closed to sunlight forever.  Of all the days we celebrate every year, I can’t think of one that shakes me to the core more than this day when so many gave that we would be free and unencumbered. I feel the fear of young men ladened with heavy backpacks and their weapons, sitting stony faced, waiting to descend into landing craft while watch those before them blown out of the water. O, the fear, And I will never forget that the USA is a nation of proud and courageous individuals who have faced the greatest of fears, and beat down all of the tyrants. Individuals proud within themselves, not defined by groups.

 

I don’t read stories about what people have paid for “Rookie” Baseball and Football Cards. My mom threw all of mine away, and I do want to think ill of dear old mom.

 

50,000 people are expected to attend this week’s largest ever Crypto Currency Conference. What do you do a Crypto Currency Conference?

 

The Question:

Namee tehe tenTop Beach TownsIntehe USA, accrodignot Travek & Liesure. Remmer ber, gisis about “beach “Towns” andnot necessarilytehbeahes.

 

The Headlines:

--"400K Temporary Status Immigrants In U.S. Ineligible to Become Permanent Citizens, SCOTUS Rules”; Elena Kagan Writes Opinion In Unanimous Decisions

--Inflation Worries Creep Back Inot Wall Syreeta, Markets Down At Noon A Hour.

--Manchin Digging In Against Dems; Wva Senator Now Appears Firm Against Voter Bill And Ending Filibuster.

--Man, Woman Arrested As Suspects In Freeway Shooting Death Of Six Year Old.

--SC Will Not Hear Case Arguing Military Draft Discriminates Against Men.

 

I remember when we were kids and would routinely say, “sticks and stones may break our bones but words will never hurt me.” Now people beat the crap out of each other but you are a despised felon if you say the wrong words.

 

A Covid test yesterday pick-pocketed $1.7 million out of golfer Jon Rahm’s wallet. I tink they could have found away to let Jon play in an isolated manner. The P GA owes Jon a bundle.

 

Something that bears watching is China’s new economic policy designed to create a digital currency with the main objection to dilute the world’s dependency on the US dollar. Now I’m not a huge money expert, but it sounds a bit ominous to me. To coin a phrase.

 

So yesterday, I was having lunch at a favorite dockside restaurant in Jerusalem RI . I got up to go to the men’s room and was informed by an employee that I had t walk across a couple of docks and boardwalks and se the door code 7097. Then woman who told me said, “No, let me correct that, it is 7907. On the way a woman dinner looked up and said, “I overheard you. If the first bathroom is in use try the next one with the door code 8416.” I said Help! Did you say 1479. or 1607. Then she the humor that I was feigning confusion ignorance and we both laughed. So I went on and used the corrected 7907 number the waitress had given me. It didn’t work. I tried it again. It didn’t work again. I went c back to what I thought was the first number 7097, and it worked. I think it was some kind of Alzheimer’s test.

 

A Kryptonite Conference is at Comicon.

 

BTW, yesterday it was announced that a new Alzheimer drug Aducanumab could be approved by the FDA today. (Alert: It was just approved!) The drug made by Biogen is designed to attack the process, the first ever to act on the underlying cause of the disease itself, instead of as all drugs to now, ease the symptoms. It iste g kind of big step forward everybody has been looking for. But, and there are always buts, there are some detractors. So, its progress will be closely watched. So, a big halleluiah for Biogen.

 

Condescension: “An attitude of patronizing superiority; disdain.” I see that word written across the face of Jen Psaki.

 

The Answer:

Number One is Block Island RI followed by Ocracoke NC, Friday Harbor on Juan Island WA, Edisto SC, Carmel-by-the Sea, Ca, Sanibel FL, Port Aransas TX, Cannon Beach OR, Capitola Ca, Ogunquit Me, Cape May NJ, San Clemente Ca, Newport RI (Also 3rd on Parade mag List), Solana Beach Ca, Provincetown Ma.

 

But, Omaha is the beach I’m thinking about today.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment