Layng quietly in fields

Layng quietly in fields
Glstening lights

Thursday, January 12, 2023

I shoulda bought ducks. 


 

Today's Tids Issue 5,340 

I'll tell you in two months: 

 

Of all the human emotions there are few more enjoyable than uncontrolled laughing. 

 

And it has taken a lot of laughter to get through this year's stock market debacle. 

 

My friend is an honorable, courteous, and chivalrous guy. But he hates the stock market. When I asked him why, he said, “Gentlemen prefer bonds.” 

 

Every time I watch Casablanca, I start dreaming of White Castle sliders.  

 

The Question: 

Yesterday when I noticed that “All Time Greatest” love songs seems to begin in the 1960’s I told you I’d find the greatest love songs of the 50’s. 40’s and 30’s. What are some of your favorites? 

 

The Headlines: 

--Invertsrs Looking for Infation Growth Drip T to 6.5%; Maerkets Hovering HIgher for Now. 

--NYC Nurses Strikes Ends. 

-- Second Batch of Biden Classified Docs Found in Closet. 

--NY Repubs Call for Lying Santos Resignation or Dismissal. 

--Parts of Cal’s Monterrey Peninsular Could Become an Island. 

 

Best description of stock market, Department: 

Two farmers are watching the sunset on their tractor and having a chat. The first says, “I keep hearing on the radio, TV, read in the papers about the stock market but I still have no idea it is. Do you know?” The second farmer replies, “How should I explain this to you… Let’s say you buy some eggs for your farm. These eggs hatch and now you have chicks. These chicks grow up to be hens that lay more eggs, out of which you get more chicks that grow up to be hens and so on and so forth. Eventually, your farm is full of them. Then, one day a big flood ravages your land and takes all of them downstream. Then you sit and think to yourself: ducks… I should have gotten ducks. That’s what the stock market is like.” 

 

One of the truths we learned this year was that inflation was not transitory despite repeated assurances of economists and politicians. It did make for a good fairy tale though. When things appear grey, people look for fairy tales. 

 

It looks like some of Joe B’s sins are coming out of the closet. I wonder if there is another Hunter laptop in there. 

 

The Ups and downs of the Stock Market is tough on the body. I should have invested in paper. It was stationary.  

 

It goes to show you, Dysfunctionality pays off. Harry's book sold  1.4 million copies on the first day. Leverage is the key to success these days.  

 

Now that he is a rock star, is there any truth to the rumor that the Prince will sue Harry’s Razor for name infringement? Entitlement can cloud common sense. 

 

Speaking of stock market neverland, people are loving the Madoff documentary in Netflix. Old Bernie Made Off with lot of folks savings.  

 

I have word that a 2015 India Movie available on Netflix, Piku, is a wondaful and funny tale of a daughter who is an architect and her constipated father. Sounds off, but it works. Something to check out as we wade through Hollywood glitzy offerings victimhood autobiographies. 

 

The Answer: 

Ok here are a bunch of 30’s, 40’s and 50’s love songs in no specific order. April Love, Starlight, I’ve Heard that Song Before, What is this Thing Called Love, Because of You (Tony Bennett’s First big one?), Twelfth of Never, Smoke Gets in Your Eyes, Let’s do it Let’s Fall In Love, Always, Love is a Many Splendored Thing, I don’t want to Set the World on Fire, Moonlight Cocktail, I Only Have Eyes For You, I Love You for Sentimental Reasons, What is this Thing Called Love,  All I Have to do is Dream, It’s all in the Game. I’ll Be Seeing You, Thats’ My Desire, My Baby just Cares for Me, Chances Are, Memories are Made of This, Come Softly to Me, Put Your Head on My Shoulder, Sentimental Journey, Only You (And you Alone), In The Still of the Night, Love me Tender, Unforgettable, Sea of Love, How Deep is the Ocean, It’s Magic, It’s Getting to be a Habit with Me and maybe the first big Fifties Rn’R love song, Earth Angel. 

 

The guidance on the street for marijuana stocks is buy high, sell higher. 

 

And then there is Tea for Two.  

How would today’s generation react to this? I don’t think they’re twerking 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment